Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-19-09, 06:27 AM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Which Tae Bo rotation worked best for you?

I'm trying to make a push for those last few pounds, following my great success with Barry's Bootcamp and circuit training. Loved that workout style but was getting bored and needed to shake tings up! So I have rediscovered Tae Bo and am loving it! Got some of Billy's Bootcamp (minus the bands, unfortunately) and Tae Bo Amped (don't love the bar but have been doing it with weighted gloves). I also have the T3 set on the way from ebay.

I really, really enjoy the workouts, but I think I may need a tiny bit more strength work to really see the results I want. Part of me wants to 'trust' Billy's rotation and just do a Tae Bo a day because they are so fun. But I worry a little that the strength work this includes uses such light weights (the T3 are just little handweights, the Amped bar is about 3 pounds and I don't have the Billy Bands). So, which of these options would be best for maximum fat loss plus toning?

1) Follow Billy's rotations from Amped and T3; do one Tae Bo a day
2) Alternate a Tae Bo day with an AWT (The Firm) day
3) Do one Tae Bo a day and add a ten-minute Quick Fix routine at night
4) Other?

Thanks for any advice!
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-09, 04:01 PM  
Michelle
VF Supporter

I'm interested in hearing the responses to this. I was thinking of a Tae Bo/Fluidity/Firm with Running, but not sure how exactly that would/should look.

"You must do what you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-09, 04:10 PM  
geojill

Billy's website store sells the bands for about $15, I think. They're awesome for strength. I'm on a yoga kick right now, but before I would alternate strength and cardio. So it might be alternating Billy's various strength-type workouts (Boot Camp, Amped) with his different cardio workouts. Or sometimes I did Cathe for strength, Billy for cardio. Or Billy for strength and step and other cardio workouts for cardio.
Old 10-19-09, 04:27 PM  
DebbieRN

Joanna, I don't have a rotation but sounded like you wanted the Billy Bands. I just ordered a set last week, that comes with a 2-pack DVD set (Billy's Basic training Bootcamp with bonus lower body bootcamp). It is half off at Gaiam.com and item # 05-53131. If you sign up for their newsletter before you order, you get a 15% off code, or probably can find a coupon online somewhere. Not a bad price for Billy Bands and 2 Billy workouts ($9.99 and 15% off). Shipping is free on this at Gaiam. I think his website charges for shipping.

The bands have one pound weights in them but I agree, I'd supplement the workouts with other strength training. His workouts are fun though.
DebbieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-09, 04:50 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

I came off of a 3.5 month long STS rotation to find myself a bit bulked up from all the heavy lifting. So I did 5-6 weeks of a Yoga/Tae Bo rotation and started dropping inches (but not pounds) pretty quick. I did 3 days of Tae Bo and 2-3 days of Yoga and got some nice slimming results, particularly in my core and legs.

I used the Amped set, Bootcamp 2, Extreme, Ultimate and the Advanced Lives. Good mind/body rotation!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-09, 06:21 PM  
geojill

Oooh, I love rotating Tae Bo with yoga! That is what I'm trying to do right now! Lately it's been all yoga as I am under a lot of stress, but was planning on alternating it with Tae Bo. I think they go well together
Old 10-19-09, 07:56 PM  
DebbieRN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieRN View Post
Joanna, I don't have a rotation but sounded like you wanted the Billy Bands. I just ordered a set last week, that comes with a 2-pack DVD set (Billy's Basic training Bootcamp with bonus lower body bootcamp). It is half off at Gaiam.com and item # 05-53131. If you sign up for their newsletter before you order, you get a 15% off code, or probably can find a coupon online somewhere. Not a bad price for Billy Bands and 2 Billy workouts ($9.99 and 15% off). Shipping is free on this at Gaiam. I think his website charges for shipping.

The bands have one pound weights in them but I agree, I'd supplement the workouts with other strength training. His workouts are fun though.
Just received my order today and these are the black bands without the weights, even though the item description says they have 1 pound weights that are removable. Don't want to mislead you like they did! Still happy with my purchase though. I have 1 pound wrist weights I can use if needed.
DebbieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-09, 08:39 PM  
geojill

I do want to add that most people I know prefer the black bands over the red ones because they are more comfortable on the hand/wrist area. You can also use weighted gloves with the bands if you want to up the resistance.
Old 10-19-09, 11:07 PM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Thanks, everyone. The Tae Bo is very shoulder-intensive with all the puches and such, so I think it might be over-training to do it every day. I think I am going to try alternating it with some Firm workouts, and adding in Leslie walks when I have the time. Today, I did a Tae Bo in the morning (first half hour) then came home from work and a) finished the rest of the Tae Bo and b) did a Leslie mile. Didn't push too hard with the Leslie but I figure an extra undred calories never hurts Tomorrow, I'll do a Firm workout, then an evening Leslie.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
billy bands, tae bo amped