Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-08-07, 01:34 AM  
RedPanda

What a great article! Thanks for posting it.
RedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-07, 06:37 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

The thing I found amazing was that a mainstream publication published a balanced, yet positive, article about working out featuring two people who do <gasp> workout videos (even though that wasn't featued in the article).

Quote:
I remember Judi Sheppard Missett from PM Magazine in the 80's (Judi's Jazzercise), of course I am probably the only one on VF who remembers that.
Tara - Two of the things I love about VF are the age span of the participants and the vast experience represented here. I bet you aren't the only person who remembers!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-07, 08:57 AM  
Lorianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Are you kidding? Look at the photo of Judi Sheppard Missett at 63... fabulous!!!
I know! she looks like Kathy Smith's sister! I am 20 years her junior & she looks alot better than I do!
& thanks annette! you always post such great articles. I don't know where you find em'?
Lorianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-07, 09:14 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I've seen both Kathy and Tamilee in person at fitness conventions. They were both in fantastic shape.

I'm glad to see that us "old gals" can inspire you young folks!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-07, 09:25 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

May be a factor.

Tamilee is/was married to a plastic surgeon (don't know if she's still married to one, but she was at one time) so keep that in mind.
Old 07-08-07, 09:30 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P.
Tamilee is/was married to a plastic surgeon (don't know if she's still married to one, but she was at one time) so keep that in mind.
Tamilee had a ton of make-up on when I met her. Kathy Smith wasn't wearing any make-up.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-07, 09:39 AM  
annetteb

I was on vacation when I was reading USA Today. I kept the article and went to the webpage. Y'all are welcome! I like to share positive and uplifting articles to keep us vidiots motivated .... I still can't believe their ages and how wonderful they look. I hope I can look that great. I guess diet and exericise does work .....Annette
annetteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-07, 11:07 AM  
ldy_solana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P.
oh true she could have suctioned the fat out but you can "buy" muscle definition like that.

kassia
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-07, 11:46 AM  
KathAL79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S.
The thing I found amazing was that a mainstream publication published a balanced, yet positive, article about working out featuring two people who do <gasp> workout videos (even though that wasn't featued in the article).
This is what I thought, too! Compare this to the Working Mothers article with such a strong emphasis on the negatives and little to no suggestions on how to turn those into positives.

My mom used to take us to Jazzercise class when we were little, and we sat in the corner scribbling or sometimes following along. And now look at me!

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-07, 04:05 PM  
dnna

No. Tara W. you are not alone!!! I used to love going to jazzercise classes at the mall- at the skating rink place. It was so much fun. i would love to have that fun exciting workout again.
I am 57 by the way!!!
donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote