Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-03-16, 09:23 AM  
lynnf

I got the set cheap recently, but when we hit the 10 minutes of clean and press I woke up the next day with major pain in my shoulder/lat region. Tried one more time and it got even worse and I had to stop the rotation after 3 weeks. I've been doing kettlebells for years and years and never had this issue or any injuries. Now about a month later I still can't do a clean and press with even my lightest weights without some pain.

YMMV

Last edited by lynnf; 07-03-16 at 08:46 PM. Reason: typo
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-16, 12:18 PM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

I mostly use workouts 1-3. I agree that 10 minutes of clean and press is too much and I just skip that workout. This set is one of my most used kettlebell workouts.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-16, 12:24 PM  
lynnf

I should have done what you did! Isn't there one in the last group where you do clean and press for 15 minutes?
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-16, 01:56 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale K. View Post
I mostly use workouts 1-3. I agree that 10 minutes of clean and press is too much and I just skip that workout. This set is one of my most used kettlebell workouts.
I haven't used this set in a long time. I know that I never did a workout with all clean and presses. I don't like repetition. So sometimes, I would do one or two rounds of a circuit and then go to the next circuit or workout. So I combined a lot of the workouts but only did one or two rounds of each circuit.
Old 07-04-16, 07:01 PM  
isebelleg44

I don't use RKS as much anymore. The ones I preferred were the Doug Challenges, #6 & #7. I hate repetition, which explains why I never attempted #16!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-16, 09:07 PM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
I don't use RKS as much anymore. The ones I preferred were the Doug Challenges, #6 & #7. I hate repetition, which explains why I never attempted #16!
I did a combination of swings, high pulls, and snatches instead of all snatches for workout #16.

Tags
doug reinhardt, kettlebell, reinhardt, reinhardt kb system, rks, skogg system