Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-23-18, 02:01 AM  
Helen

Stealth App for Planking

DH saw >> this << and asked if I wanted one. Didn't know what it was, so looked. Their App is FREE, and I've been using it on an upturned Bosu just fine. You could also use a board (eg large chopping board) on a large medicine ball or stability ball. It'd be much harder using a tennis ball - the smaller the ball, the harder to balance & closer to horizontal. On the stability ball, it's easier due to both size and being on a decent incline. You could also use one of those circular balance/wobble boards.

On my first try on the Bosu, I lasted 2:17!

Since it's a free app, some of you might like to try it out without spending a couple of hundred dollars.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-18, 06:19 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

This looks really interesting. I have a bosu that I don't use much so think I will try it out.
Old 06-23-18, 06:40 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

double post
Old 06-23-18, 10:54 AM  
Lannette

Thank you! This looks like fun!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-18, 09:15 AM  
cyana

I did a 30 day plank challenge several years back just for the heck of it and this sure would've been helpful when I was holding my planks for a longer period of time.

I would frequently close my eyes so I wouldn't be staring at the timer. This would've made the minutes pass SO much faster!

ETA: I have a BOSU, so I may download the app and give it a try.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-18, 12:17 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

I just tried it a few times, but it's not user friendly or easy to understand. I uninstalled it.i could only get it to progress for 10 seconds before it was "game over."

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-18, 02:02 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
I just tried it a few times, but it's not user friendly or easy to understand. I uninstalled it.i could only get it to progress for 10 seconds before it was "game over."
I was interested in using it on my BOSU as suggested but so many of the app reviews are just awful, similar to bzar's experience, so I haven't downloaded it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-18, 06:19 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I was interested in using it on my BOSU as suggested but so many of the app reviews are just awful, similar to bzar's experience, so I haven't downloaded it.
lol.

when I was in the Google Play store, there were several other plank apps available. I think you can try that (or apple store if you use an Iphone) and do a general search to get other options.

I did a plank challenge last month, and to occupy my time, I watched the We Are the World music video from the 80s!!!!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-18, 09:08 PM  
Vantreesta

Several years ago I held a plank for the duration of the extended version of "Free Bird."
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote