Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-18, 11:21 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

I'm thinking of doing a slightly restructured rotation. I noticed that the Cardio workouts are half an hour. I think I'll put two of them together for a full hour.
Do you gals think that is doable?

Also, I didn't notice this, but are you supposed to take a break in between Phases?

Thanks!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 11:32 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Kate, I think that's do-able especially since you're probably already accustomed to doing longer cardio workouts. I think the "core" exercises in the cardio's are more challenging than the HIIT (at least in phase 1).

The program goes all the way through without a break. But you could probably do it then just pick up again with the next phase.

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 11:37 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
Kate, I think that's do-able especially since you're probably already accustomed to doing longer cardio workouts. I think the "core" exercises in the cardio's are more challenging than the HIIT (at least in phase 1).

The program goes all the way through without a break. But you could probably do it then just pick up again with the next phase.

Kathy
Thank you dear! I asked about the break because you take a week off in between Meso's on STS. I'd rather just keep on going.

ETA: So you all are doing this rotation every day? I just keep thinking I'll never make it with JUST these workouts for the next 2.5 months. At least with STS I can mix in my own cardio. I've read the other big thread and there's only a little repetitiveness, but I wonder if I can stick it out with just Autumn. I have exercise ADD.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 04:59 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I'm on the 2 week trial. I like the program so far. I don't really workout 6 days a week so I'm going to alternate the cardio (only once a week).

Anyway, I miss the countdown clock. Is there anyway for me to find the current time in the workout? I'm using Roku btw. Also, is there anyway to skip-forward (skip to the next chapter)? I have fast forward and rewind.

I like BBOD, but prefers the chaptering of a DVD. Oh well...
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-18, 09:13 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I'm on the 2 week trial. I like the program so far. I don't really workout 6 days a week so I'm going to alternate the cardio (only once a week).

Anyway, I miss the countdown clock. Is there anyway for me to find the current time in the workout? I'm using Roku btw. Also, is there anyway to skip-forward (skip to the next chapter)? I have fast forward and rewind.

I like BBOD, but prefers the chaptering of a DVD. Oh well...
That's great! Glad you like it too! I use Apple TV to stream BOD and it doesn't show the time bar either. I do miss the timer! I have a Roku as well and when I was using it for BOD, I think there was a 30 second skip? It's on the remote control. But none of the streaming workouts are chaptered, that I know of...
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 04-16-18, 09:21 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Day 8: Total Body Core - Time: 60 Minutes

It's the same exercises as Day 1 but each exercise is done for 10 reps and there are three rounds.

I think doing three rounds seems more grueling than getting it done in two, lol! I still modify the pushups to my knees and a couple of the side ab/leg lift exercises with the band. I don't have the core strength yet to do the unmodified version. I'm hoping by the end that will be my biggest improvement...core strength.

I didn't do Cardio Flow on Saturday (Day 6 or the Foam Roller workout on Day 7). I had a half marathon yesterday so I wanted to save my energy. I will probably do the Cardio Flow workout in the evening sometime this week so I don't miss a workout. Cardio Flow looks like it's a lot of core movements so it'll probably do me good to not skip them (although I'd like to because there's so much TIFTing). The foam roller workout is 19 minutes and optional.

The half marathon was grueling! Raining and 40 mph gusts off the ocean! I finished but it was my worst time ever, ugh. I didn't train as well as I should have so it was my own fault, lol.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 04-16-18, 09:10 PM  
Loriann

I agree that three rounds is more grueling. The second week was always my least favorite of each phase. The next two weeks are much better IMO.

Congratulations on finishing your half-marathon in those brutal conditions!! It sounds terrible. Just looking at your signature, I stand in awe of the number of races you have completed.

Lori
Old 04-16-18, 09:54 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann View Post
Congratulations on finishing your half-marathon in those brutal conditions!! It sounds terrible. Just looking at your signature, I stand in awe of the number of races you have completed.
ITA!

Congrats!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-18, 08:49 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Loriann, I'm glad that I'm not the only one that felt that way about the 3 rounds! I'm glad to hear that only the second week of each phase feels so grueling!

Awww, thanks Loriann and AsSweetAsSugar! I took a couple of years off from running but missed it. Feels good to be back to it again (even though I'm run/walking now).

Day 9: Booty - Time: 60 Minutes

It's the same exercises as Day 2 but each exercise is done for 10 reps and there are three rounds. Also the other difference is Autumn had you do all three moves from the floor work series on the same leg before switching which made it burn! I bought a set of woven elastic bands but they're already showing tons of wear and tear. The red one is stretching out and I noticed the gray one is coming apart at the seam. Grrrr...they're much more comfortable to use on the above the knee moves than the latex bands. I may have to buy another set by the end of phase 1.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 04-18-18, 08:50 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Day 10: Cardio Core - Time: 37 Minutes

Equipment: Sliders

Same exercises as Day 3.

The format of this workout is:
30 seconds moderate HIIT (jump rope movements)
30 seconds HIIT (higher impact)
Repeat three times
Core exercise with the sliders for (10) reps
Rest for up to 30 seconds – next series
After you complete all (6) series you do a run through of all the core exercises once for (10) reps each.

Again, the hardest part of the workout were the core moves! The last run through of all the moves was tough for me! I still had to modify the side plank/slider moves.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k

Tags
80 day obsession, bbod 80 day obsession, bod, clam, eccentric weight training, joel freeman, liift4, my fitness pal, myfitnesspal