Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-18, 11:00 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Ficcare makes good stuff, but I haven't tried their barrettes.

https://www.ficcare.com/barrettes
Thank you! I love the range of styles. I could get lost on this site.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-18, 11:01 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
there are some very good barrettes at Sally's Beauty but I do not know the name. I also read about very nice barrettes at Urban Decay, I think they are the French ones mentioned here.
on the up side, this seems like s pleasant search and you can fill up ashoebox,( ok maybe not a shoe box but guess who has one) full of pretty barettes. I collect them in my travels because I always need one to clip up my hair.
good luck and have fun.
still staying true and thankful
donna
I'll have to locate a Sally's within driving distance.

And thank you for the idea of collecting them in my travels. I usually buy scarves when I travel, but why not add in a barrette, too?

God bless you, Donna
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-18, 12:28 PM  
Libby

Nail buffer

I bought a cream and a chamois nail buffer on Amazon. I find it very difficult to get a shine with this buffer. Is there anything that works better than a handheld buffer? I have to work up a sweat and still don't get much shine.
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-18, 01:47 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby View Post
I bought a cream and a chamois nail buffer on Amazon. I find it very difficult to get a shine with this buffer. Is there anything that works better than a handheld buffer? I have to work up a sweat and still don't get much shine.
My nails are naturally kind of on the thin side, so I don't buff them. I think it makes them weaker.

Have you tried those multi-sided buffers they sell at Sally's (and other beauty shops)? Like this: http://www.sallybeauty.com/nail-buff...fault,pd.html?

I do use one of those on my nails to shape them. I use the highest grit to smooth the edges.
Old 02-03-18, 09:22 PM  
desderata

Quote:

I have similar items I bought at Sally's. I get an amazing shine by first buffing horizontally lightly, and then buffing in an X pattern - diagonally up and down to the left a few times, then to the right, until they shine. I don't use a lot of pressure, that makes the chamois drag against the nail instead of buffing.

I keep my nails short and I really like the way it makes them look. The nail beds are fresh and pink, the white tips are very white, there's a nice shine that lasts for days. I used to wear clear polish and this looks similar, except the nail beds are pinker and tips whiter.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-18, 02:23 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Re-post

From my email:

"50% Off when you spend $75 or more. This special promotion is 5 DAYS ONLY from 2/10/18 - 2/14/18.

Coupon Code: BEMINE18

*Not applicable on accessories, international shipping fees, or taxes. Please note international shipping rates have changed. Usual transit 2 to 4 weeks. FREE SHIPPING ON ALL USA ORDERS

https://www.timelessha.com/

Be sure to apply coupon code prior to checking out.
Subtotal must be $75 and over. No exceptions will be made.
CODE MUST BE APPLIED TO OBTAIN DISCOUNT."

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-18, 12:50 PM  
BunnyHop

Parfum1.com has a Valentine's Day Special promotion code: BEMINE225PE for 20% off (some brand exclusions apply)

You can't also get free shipping, since you can only use one promo code at a time.

https://www.parfum1.com/specials_and_promotions.asp
Old 02-14-18, 04:13 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Parfum1.com has a Valentine's Day Special promotion code: BEMINE225PE for 20% off (some brand exclusions apply)

You can't also get free shipping, since you can only use one promo code at a time.

https://www.parfum1.com/specials_and_promotions.asp
Thank you for this. I just ordered a perfume.
Old 02-17-18, 10:28 AM  
wendug

Can anyone recommend a decent BB cream that isn't too expensive? I had been using Circa brand (from Walgreens- Eva Mendes line), and the company went out of business. I've tried some cheaper brands (Rimmel, Cover Girl, Physicians Formula), and they were just okay. I guess maybe I should look at mid-range priced BB creams. It can get expensive trying out new brands! Any suggestions are appreciated!
Old 02-17-18, 11:11 AM  
Leonana

I like the Covergirl CG Smoothers BB Cream Tinted Moisturizer SPF 21. That's a mouthful, lol. Although you said you tried CG. I've seen this one recommended on You Tube, the L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream. I also like the EltaMD Tinted Sunscreen, SPF 41, and use that as a BB Cream. Beautypedia gives good reviews to some by Almay, Revlon and Neutrogena.

A middle price point could be Bare Escentuals or the Glossier Skin Tint. A lot of people like the IT CC Cream, but I can't use it as I'm allergic to the essential oils in it.

Tags
beauty thread, beauty thread '18, oils