Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-18, 01:24 PM  
TinaT

Recommendations needed for ....

bras and underwear. I'm just going to say it... For the last several years I've been wearing "granny pannys". Feb 11th will be my 1 year mark for health and fitness, and I've decided it's time to get new garments. I would love something nice looking but practical. (don't want to be picking out wedgies) LOL

I'm also looking for a good workout bra brand. Even though I've lost almost 35 lbs, the girls are still "hangin in there". About a 36D. I don't want the uniboob look.

I would love some brands name to check out, so please let me know what you like and don't like. Thanks.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-18, 02:18 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

for bras you might look at SOMA, I took my daughter (DDD bra, size 4 jeans, sigh) to one and they had nice bras, in larger sizes than we can usually find, that were supportive. no knowledge of their workout bras, but they did have some styles.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-18, 03:41 PM  
TinaT

Thank you.
Old 02-01-18, 12:48 PM  
Sollamyn

For bras, I've been wearing Olga's Luxury Lift bras for years (35063 is the style number). For undies, I like Warners cotton hipsters. Walmart sells a version of these at a cheaper price (still has the Warner label, though). The last ones I got were from Kohl's. I've also found some for pretty cheap at TJ Maxx (also found the Olga bras there, too!)

Donna
Old 02-01-18, 12:52 PM  
TinaT

Thanks Donna!
Old 02-01-18, 11:13 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
For bras, I've been wearing Olga's Luxury Lift bras for years (35063 is the style number). For undies, I like Warners cotton hipsters. Walmart sells a version of these at a cheaper price (still has the Warner label, though). The last ones I got were from Kohl's. I've also found some for pretty cheap at TJ Maxx (also found the Olga bras there, too!)

Donna
wear to you find olga bras, I haven't been able to find them in so long!
Old 02-02-18, 09:00 AM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom View Post
wear to you find olga bras, I haven't been able to find them in so long!
I've bought them from Kohl's, Amazon, and TJ Maxx (just lucked out one day, though--TJ does not always carry them). Some of the larger JC Penney and Macy's stores sell them, too, or you can get them online through those stores.

HTH,
Donna
Old 02-02-18, 09:52 AM  
TinaT

I do already where Olga bras. Just need a smaller size now. Love reading so others like this brand too. Underwear, ... wow... it's bad, real bad. I'm talking Walmart brand, cheap of cheap. Nice quality, nice fitting underwear is foreign to me.
Old 02-02-18, 01:12 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
I've bought them from Kohl's, Amazon, and TJ Maxx (just lucked out one day, though--TJ does not always carry them). Some of the larger JC Penney and Macy's stores sell them, too, or you can get them online through those stores.

HTH,
Donna
thanks!
Old 02-02-18, 10:23 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

For bras I like Wacoal they are all I buy, they are worth the price to me. I went to Soma, on advice from a friend, spent a whole afternoon there with a sales assistant and we couldn't find a single one that fit. For panties I like Olga.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote