Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-17-17, 12:40 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I've worked out consistently at least three times per week since 1980.

Whether it was running, Jazzercise at the local park, my old Nordic Track ski machine, yoga, Joyce Vedral books and then (hundreds of) videos, I just kept on plugging away. I work often on balance and coordination.

Even when I'm in a slump, I keep working out. I just don't enjoy it as much, LOL!

I have low/normal blood pressure and low cholesterol. My other blood work usually comes back in the normal/good range. My weight is low/normal for my height. My bodyfat is low, but I need to build more lean muscle.

Even after decades of working out, I have bone loss and it continues despite my best efforts. That doesn't stop me from hiking and doing the things I love.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 12:41 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I've done Pilates with an instructor twice a week since 2003, interrupted only by vacations, illness and one three-month gap after my mom died.

It has greatly helped with a congenital lower back disc problem. I know now what physically triggers my back pain and what steps to take if I have pain or spasms. My core is strong. Aesthetically my abs are pretty flat even at the upper end of my weight range.
Old 12-17-17, 12:54 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

All these responses are very inspiring! Consistency is what I struggle with, so your stories are motivating
Old 12-17-17, 01:22 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I have been exercising my entire life. All sort of different programs.

I've done CS/Essentrics consistently for at least 5-6 years and teaching Essentrics now for 2.

I'm managing my chronic pain and stress. Also lost my last few postpartum pounds. This is probably the slimmest I've been since having kids.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 01:23 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
All these responses are very inspiring! Consistency is what I struggle with, so your stories are motivating
Me too! The only thing I have done for years is be consistently inconsistent lol
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 01:38 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Consistently and happily training pretty much every day for at least 3 decades. Developed many self inflicted over use injuries, but still that hour is one of the the best parts of my day.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-17, 12:31 AM  
Leonana

I've been working out with Jessica Smith since March of 2014. I mostly do her workouts, on You Tube and her dvd's.
Old 12-18-17, 01:00 AM  
jusca

I'm a little embarrassed. I've been doing CLX for like 2.5 years going on 3. lol I love it. Don't ask about results lol. It works when I work ("eat better"). I'm not consistent enough with the eating.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-17, 02:01 AM  
videofit

Walking two to three miles nearly everyday for years, using that as my stand alone workout on non-weights days or warm up when I do Margaret Richard's DVDs which I think I've been doing ten years. I do switch to an occasional old Firm, Denise Austin or Tracey Mallett for variety. Did only Firms for ten years previous to that but got better muscle definition when I switched to Margaret, which is low weight, high rep, without sacrificing strength.

Just switched out one of my three weekly weights workouts with one Pilates Reformer class a week for the past five weeks and am seeing subtle improvements. Tempted to sign up for another ten classes since the price would only be $221. Bargain!
Old 12-18-17, 06:36 AM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

I have been working out since 1981. I started with Jane Fonda and Kathy Smith. I used theirs for years, then discovered the Firm, then Cathe. Cathe has been my "go to" since around 1993 or 1994. I have never taken more than a few days off a week. For the past "25" years, I have worked out for 5-6 days per week.

I don't know if I have any "results". I am on the low end of normal in weight (have stayed the same weight since 9th grade), bloodwork and vitals are good. I guess my results are that I feel better than I ever thought I would at 58.....but I know that can change at any day at my age

Linda
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
consistency, results