Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-16, 08:25 AM  
Rhonda

results with Margaret Richard

Hi everyone,

With all this talk about Margaret and looking at her videos, I have a couple.

But am wondering what type of results have you gotten with her. And if you got results, were you using her daily shows of 20-25 minutes or her actual longer workouts.

I was thinking about getting the unpluggeds and doing a Leslie/Margaret rotation where I would warm up with a leslie 1 mile walk and then do a 20-25 minute episode of Margaret.

but also looking to see what others have done. I know we are all different and results vary but just curious.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-16, 10:29 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

There was a thread a few years ago about someone using Sculpture splits and walking; she lost weight and a few jean sizes. I'll see if I can find that one. I think Margaret's floor work is superb, especially if you add ankle or leg weights.
~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-16, 11:13 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

My results have mostly been non-cosmetic, but that's my fault because I'm trying to out-exercise the sad fact that I'm taking in too much food. That's all about to change though because I'm sick of building up this strength and not being able to see the muscles!

As for the non-cosmetic results - her workouts have helped me strengthen up a severely weak posterior chain and they help my bad back. I could barely lift a grocery bag last winter and now I have more upper body strength too. I can see muscles in my shoulders and arms and am noticing a nice non-bulky definition in the quads and my butt is higher and rounder, and less of a pancake.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-16, 11:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

I rarely "see" results - I am not sure why - my body just seems to stay the same no matter what I do - maybe the changes are subtle and I don't notice them? Maybe my diet needs tweaking?

Anyway - I love Margaret's work - it makes me feel good and I feel like I get stronger from doing it. My all time favorite combo is to mix Margaret w/ some cardio (low impact - Leslie, Jessica, outdoor walks, etc.) and tack on a Classical stretch episode. I do that a few times a year b/c I enjoy it!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-16, 01:21 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
. I can see muscles in my shoulders and arms and am noticing a nice non-bulky definition in the quads and my butt is higher and rounder, and less of a pancake.

Those sound like some very nice cosmetic results to me. And of course helping with back pain and strength is a wonderful result too.

I lost over 40 lbs a few years ago with making dietary changes but I was also walking daily and adding in short segments of Margaret a few times a week and Core Fusion too. So though I can't say Margaret helped me lose weight, after the weight came off I was left with a nice toned shape which is a great result at 56, which I was at the time.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-16, 01:47 PM  
Rhonda

Man I want to try this rotation but not sure if I should buy. I have triple threat and good 'n strong at home. I was looking at the unpluggeds but reading reviews sounds like they are more beginnerish/low intermediate.

I know you can use heavier weights but for the length of time she stays on one body part that is hard to do.

I do like her raising the bar workout, need to get it on DVD and it is only $10 when putting it in the cart.

What to do.....
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-16, 02:12 PM  
donnamp

A vidiots dilemma, Rhonda!

I think the full length workouts are more challenging than the Unpluggeds. I did feel the Unpluggeds worked well w/ Classical Stretch though -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-16, 03:16 PM  
Sara1000

I am a seasoned exerciser but when I got the unplugged workouts I did NOT find them beginnerish. I could only use about half the weight Margaret used and got very sore. I didn't do them enough to speak to results as I was due for a heavy weight phase soon after I got them.

My ideal enjoyable workout would be an hour walk outside in the hills followed by a Margaret 25 minute workout.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-16, 03:19 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Man I want to try this rotation but not sure if I should buy. I have triple threat and good 'n strong at home. I was looking at the unpluggeds but reading reviews sounds like they are more beginnerish/low intermediate.

I know you can use heavier weights but for the length of time she stays on one body part that is hard to do.....What to do.....
The nice thing about the Unpluggeds is that they are short enough to keep consistent. That's my theory any way

I'm using them (so far just the compilations on My Body of Work) for an evening finisher workout. I have more trouble talking myself into that after a long day at work so I need less dreadful/nice scenery/calm. I've seen surprising results in the past with low level consistency.
Old 06-18-16, 12:35 PM  
spotted zebra

Several years ago when I did Margaret's dvds I saw noticeable strength gains and I unexpectedly went down a dress size. The only other thing I was doing at the time was walking to and from work (= two 20 or 25 minute walks per day, 5 days a week), but that hadn't changed from before. Mostly I was alternating between the 4 Classics discs and All My Best Vols. 1-2 and on other days did Getting Better.

Having started another Margaret rotation recently, I'm struck by how quickly time goes by with her. Always faster than I think it will. I think part of that is due to liking her calm presence so much, plus the programs themselves and her excellent form pointers. When there's a more hyper instructor on screen I want the workout to end quicker than it does and I'm forever looking at the time on the clock. I think having more outdoor programs of Margaret's (soon once they arrive) will help too, in terms of sticking to a longer rotation with her. For me anyway.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good 'n strong, margaret richard, margaret richard results, margaret richard success, results, sculpture, triple threat