Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-03-20, 03:11 PM  
gladgirl

Everlast heavy bag/stand

MY DS and I are thinking of investing in this product.
Does anyone have this and what do you think?
Hubby said it would be prone to tilting over...what do you think?
I don't think my punches would be that forceful. Don't think my son's would be either.
HELP

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...pwrcrdlbgndsac
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 03:18 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I have the same one, just in a different color (and without the speed bag stand), and while it teeters slightly, it does not tilt or tip when I use it. I don't have super strength or power either, and use an 80 lb. bag with it. The teetering is about 1/2 inch up and down from side to side, and could likely be due to my floor not be completely level (I'm on the 4th floor). Some people also put sandbags across the legs to help keep the stand from moving, but all in all it's a pretty sturdy stand for general exercise purposes. It is very unlikely to tip backwards at all due to the design of the legs.
Old 11-03-20, 06:04 PM  
susand

i have a stand with a 70 lb bag on it. i put weight plates on each corner and on the back to help hold it down, each about 50 lbs a corner( i think) and use a everlast double end anchor filled with water to help control movement of the bag. i tried sand bags but like using the weight plates better.
susand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 08:56 AM  
muggle

I had one like this years ago. I found that over time all the sand (?) settled to the bottom and made it feel like I was hitting concrete. It didn't tip or move BUT...when I would do a workout w/ it, the bag would start to swing and I was constantly having to hold it to stop the swing. Plus when I would do kicks, I had to be very mindful of my feet and where I was standing because of the stand. I ended up buying the Century Wavemaster XXL. LOVE IT!!!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 12:44 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
I had one like this years ago. I found that over time all the sand (?) settled to the bottom and made it feel like I was hitting concrete. It didn't tip or move BUT...when I would do a workout w/ it, the bag would start to swing and I was constantly having to hold it to stop the swing. Plus when I would do kicks, I had to be very mindful of my feet and where I was standing because of the stand. I ended up buying the Century Wavemaster XXL. LOVE IT!!!
I also now have the Wavemaster XXL, lol! I have both because I switch up my workout room setup from time to time and can easily take down and put back up the hanging bag when I want to use that more frequently. It is more satisfying to hit for me, but you're right, it does swing more. Like was mentioned above, some people use the anchor attached to the bottom to help with this.

I do like the Wavemaster better for kicks. Also, depending on how you have it set up, you can also work all the way around the bag. But it does move a little more, even when completely filled with water for me. If you fill it with sand, that probably wouldn't be an issue, but would be harder to empty later.
Old 11-04-20, 01:35 PM  
muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post

I do like the Wavemaster better for kicks. Also, depending on how you have it set up, you can also work all the way around the bag. But it does move a little more, even when completely filled with water for me. If you fill it with sand, that probably wouldn't be an issue, but would be harder to empty later.
Yes! I love moving around the bag. And if it starts to move I just hit or kick it back in place. I have sand in mine. Best purchase ever!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 03:21 PM  
gladgirl

Thank you so much for the replies.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heavy bag