Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-20-20, 07:19 PM  
anetta

Trx

Does anyone have a TRX trainer? I used one when I went to PT for my broken leg and I really liked it. They had it on the door, is there a model that can hook to something else, I looked at the website and it showed some people using in outside attached to a tree or pole.

Thanks for any input. I don't have any desire anymore whatsover to do weights or my Firms, but I need to build up my strength, to compliment my CS, biking and walking.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 08:23 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I don’t have a TRX brand suspension trainer. I have a Jungle Gym suspension trainer. Mine is attached to our power rack which works beautifully if you happen to have one of those. I believe TRX sells a metal loop that can be mounted in the ceiling. With that you need to guarantee it’s in a stud so it can support weight. You can probably buy a metal loop or a metal screw at Home Depot or Lowe’s that would be cheaper. Suspension trainers can definitely be attached to almost anything with their straps. You just have to make sure it can support your weight obviously. I would hate for you to get hurt. I don’t use my trainer all the time, but I very much enjoy having it when I use it. It’s very versatile.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 10:28 PM  
Taiga

You can buy a TRX attachment strap and extender strap if needed. Most kits come with 1 attachment strap to start. Then you can pretty much attach by wrapping around anything that will hold your weight.There are also TRX wall or ceiling x-mounts (about $40) or generic mounts (about half that) that typically come with hardware. Unless you have experience, I would recommend buying mounts that are specifically designed for suspension trainers and have them professionally installed. If you have carpentry experience, there are youtube clips to guide installation. These clips may help you understand your options for set up:

TRX set up

X-Mount installation

BTW, there are excellent guided workouts available (streaming, dvd, youtube).
HTH
Old 09-21-20, 09:24 AM  
anetta

Thank you. I think it best for me with a wall mount.

The workouts on youtube look good.

Anita
Old 09-21-20, 09:30 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

I have a WOS suspension trainer, which was a TRX knockoff and I don't think they are available anymore. Too bad, because they were a bargain at $40. Anyway, DH attached a metal hook in the ceiling and that is how I use mine. The TRX sounds like a good complement to your current activities. I use mine quite a bit for upper body, especially lat rows.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 12:04 PM  
Jeanne Marie

I have a TRX that is mounted to an X hook in my workout room ceiling. I also use one at my HIIT class that is hanging from the ceiling. I prefer the ceiling mount because I am able to better do the type of exercises that hang straight down... like pushups with my feet in the straps, pull ups, etc. If it's coming out from a wall or door mount, you are unable to do these moves.

I love the TRX! It's so versatile and very useful for so many strength moves, as well as cardio.
Old 09-22-20, 09:19 AM  
anetta

Thank you for the input-I was watching the news last night and they showed RBG working out with a TRX

Anita
Old 09-22-20, 06:26 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I have the WOS as well and use it on my power rack. It works really well with it!

Tags
jungle gym xt, trx