Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-04-19, 11:54 PM  
Non-Dancer

Someone else mentioned Nicole's form on the side laterals but no one mentions Jai who, as far as I can see, is lifting the same way Nicole is. Am I missing something?

Linda
Non-Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 06:59 AM  
ChelePA

Second time for Bodyweight and Bands. I increased my resistance and WOW I’m feeling it. Added Calorie Crush and abs for an extended workout.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 07:31 AM  
Garrie A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non-Dancer View Post
Someone else mentioned Nicole's form on the side laterals but no one mentions Jai who, as far as I can see, is lifting the same way Nicole is. Am I missing something?

Linda
I didn't notice Jai's form while doing the workout, but saw it when I watched the clip again. Yes, she's lifting the same way.

Both ladies have good form for all other exercises except for this one (the side to front laterals).
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 08:17 AM  
rheash92

Loved Rev’d up Rumble. Is the crew wearing weighted gloves or just regular ones? Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 08:24 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
Loved Rev’d up Rumble. Is the crew wearing weighted gloves or just regular ones? Thanks!
Just regular. I wear my weighted ones for more intensity.
Old 02-06-19, 07:41 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non-Dancer View Post

Linda
I will have to check it out the next time I do the workout. I didn't notice Jai my eyes went right to Nicole.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-19, 11:23 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I will have to check it out the next time I do the workout. I didn't notice Jai my eyes went right to Nicole.
Jai’s Moves are very similar. I was thinking they were showing an easier version to bend your elbows but the movement isn’t still exactly correct.
Old 02-06-19, 11:27 AM  
Garrie A.

Copied from my check-in post:

Yesterday I did:
-Cathe LITE: Cardio Party
-Calorie Crush (on the Cardio Party DVD)
-Extended Stretch 1 (also on the same DVD)

Cardio Party was a fun mish-mosh of cardio boxing and hi-lo. The intensity varied from low intermediate to solid intermediate at times. Although I found the workout fun there were a few quirks I have to point out.

-While LITE is billed as "Low Impact Training Extreme," this workout does have some impact. It's nowhere near the impact of, say Maximum Intensity Cardio or her plyo workouts, but there is some. Mostly during the boxing segments (shuffles, etc.).

-I wanted more hi-lo and less boxing (isn't that what Rev'd Up Rumble is for?)

-As with many of Cathe's newer workouts, she tends to cue on or slightly after the move. However, because the choreography isn't complex (except for the Calorie Crush--more on that later), I eventually caught on. I just wish she would cue like she did in her older 90s step workouts.

What I DID like:
-The workout was just pure feel good fun. This fills a gaping hole in Cathe's workout collection.
-Lisa (from the 90s Cathe workouts up until Rhythmic Step from 2001) makes an appearance! She looks fabulous. I always wondered where she went. Now if only Cedie would come back...
-The music was upbeat and energizing.
-Cathe and crew are happy and having a great time. Her energy reminds me of the Intensity and BodyBlast series workouts.

Onto the bonus Calorie Crush. The Calorie Crush is a 15 minute step workout reminiscent of the IMAX workouts (which I haven't done). It's divided into 4 step combos (repeated 6 times), 4 blasts, and recoveries. The pattern is: step combo, blast, recovery. Repeat 4 times. I eventually caught onto the step combos, except for the third one (by the time I caught on it was time for the blast). The blasts got my heart rate up, although I wish Cathe would stop jumping OFF the step!! I can do it, but it just doesn't feel safe to me. I'll jump up, but will not jump off. Whatever happened to "Power on the takeoff, not on the landing..."? I wish Cathe would make a steady-state step workout along the lines of Rhythmic Step, Power Max, or Step Works.

I finished the workout with the Extended Stretch. This was nice, although I did not like the beginning where she did downward dogs and planks. The hips and glutes were nicely stretched, but the quadriceps, hip flexors, hamstrings and calves got very little attention.

Overall, this was a nice DVD but not one I'll be pulling out often.

Star rating (out of 5 stars):
PHA 2: 5
Cardio Party: 3.5 (Calorie Crush bonus: 3)
Extended Stretch 1: 3

I'll review the others as I do them.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-19, 12:32 PM  
ChelePA

My thank you to Cathe.

I have been exercising with you for many years. I always gravitate towards cardio. This past year I have been adding weight workouts and doing a monthly rotation with your dvds. This has helped tremendously with my weight workouts not being skipped. Ice was perfect for me. My upper body is weaker and I could lift at your weight or slightly higher on a few. When you first talked about what types of programs would be in the Lite series, I was hoping for more cardio. Old habits But these workouts are perfect. The variety of weight workouts is exactly what I needed. I usually use the same weight as you and get a nice cardio effect even on the stacked upper/lower body. The calorie crushes definitely add the cardio component I was looking for. And I love Cardio Party as well as Revd Up Rumble! Lots of fun! Can’t wait for your step release! Thanks so much for all your hard work and dedication to our fitness!!!!
Old 02-08-19, 11:50 AM  
angie_nrs

Cardio Party - calorie crush

Today I did Timesaver #2 premix which includes the 3 blasts from cardio party and then the calorie crush with both warm up and cool down......32 minutes.

I thought it was a lot of fun. I didn't want anything too intense today but something quick to get my heart rate up. This was perfect. I didn't even realize I was sweating until the stretch portion. I don't really mind the jumping off the step, but I do think that those moves should be toward the beginning of the program and not the end, so that the legs aren't fatigued at that point and there is less chance of injury....JMHO. I have clipped the edge of the step before jumping down, so I try to be really careful and mindful with jumps.

The calorie crush in this was fun. I love the IMAX's (and as others have posted) this is a less intense version with only 4 combos instead of 10. You could increase the intensity by adding a riser to the step since she uses the step with one riser. She does have late cueing in this series......mostly cueing right on the move, which is too late, but I'm sure after I do it a few times this won't bother me.

I switched back to 4DS last week b/c I needed to ramp things up. 4DS is one of my favorite sets from Cathe and I always gravitate to the 2 step workouts b/c they are so much fun! So, I was very pleased with the calorie crush workout b/c she uses many of the step moves from 4DS. It isn't boring b/c she does mix up the sequencing of the moves so you have to pay attention. The steps are easy to pick up if you know the 4DS step routines.

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, cathe lite reviews, cathe lite rotation, lite reviews, music off option, push up free workout, resistance bands