Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-24-19, 09:56 PM  
rheash92

Amy Bento Step Workouts

I have Amy’s Advanced Step 1 and 2. How are the other 3 volumes and her newest Stepletic? Which ones are your favorites? I don’t want to collect all of them just want to get a couple which are most fun. Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-19, 08:12 AM  
bubbles76

I think 1 and 2 are the best. 3 is really good, and easier to catch onto than 1 or 2. 4 is hard. 5 is impossible, and the music is low.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-19, 09:52 AM  
marki64

I like all of them. ASC 3 and 4. are good. I think 4 & 5 are my least favorites. Yes 5 has a definite learning curve.

I suggest Stepletic. It is sooooo fun. You get 2 step workouts and can also mix the 2 up. Fun choreography! Not as challenging, IMO.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-19, 09:59 AM  
owltx

Let me preface this with: I Amy Bento step workouts! IMHO, you just can't beat her for complex choreo and intensity.

I really love #3 - really a lot of fun, the energy is great, the music is good, the choreo is fun. One of my favorite things about #2 and #3 is the she includes "Power Ups" - short little blasts you can add on. She even has premixes with the power ups included - once you get the combos down, these are a lot of fun and good way to mix it up and add some intensity.

#4 was probably my least favorite of them all. I am not sure why - the background was kind of dark and cramped, but I can give that a pass typically. The routines aren't bad, and I do reach for it occasionally but not nearly like the others. There are power ups, but the premixes including them are not as fun as #2 and #3.

I definitely enjoyed #5 as well. It is complex, for sure. It took me awhile - there is a tutorial on this one which I think helps a great deal in getting the combos down. Once I got them down, I did enjoy this one. One other thing that I actually like on this one - there is no stringing all of the combos together at the end. Now while I do wish she had a premix that included that, it is a refreshing choice for when I just can't handle any tift'ing whatsoever.

Stepletic is pretty awesome! It represents a shift for Amy in three things: one, the workouts are shorter than her usual, both clocking in @45-50 minutes with warm up and stretch; two, she has two completely different step routines on one video(!) and, three, she offers a lovely 10 minute yoga stretch as an add-on. This means you can get your step on and still get a lengthy stretch in 60 minutes flat. The routines are a lot of fun, really great energy here, no clock watching at all. I was in serious danger of doing this too much when I first go it and burning out - had to take a break.

If I were to recommend one for you to get, it would probably be Stepletic - the fact that it is two workouts alone means it is a great deal for the money. They are both fun - one has more complex choreo than the other, so you can choose to fit that day's mood. If I were to recommend two, I would say then also get #3. This one just always puts me in a good mood.

Good luck shopping!
Old 01-25-19, 10:00 AM  
owltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
I suggest Stepletic. It is sooooo fun. You get 2 step workouts and can also mix the 2 up. Fun choreography! Not as challenging, IMO.
Yep, agree with all of that.
Old 01-26-19, 09:59 PM  
rheash92

Thank you! I think I will get Stepletic for now then in the future I may get the others.
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-19, 10:03 PM  
bubbles76

Ahh, I forgot about Stepletic! I agree with what everyone said about Stepletic. That tutorial on ASC5 didn't help me at all. Not.at.all.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-19, 05:06 PM  
owltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
That tutorial on ASC5 didn't help me at all. Not.at.all.
Hee hee, I totally get that. It is a hard one - and i am sure I am doing half the moves wrong anyway. I had ASC1 for over a year before I realized the first part of the first combo was supposed to be done in front of the step instead of behind. A YEAR! Geez, Steph.
Old 01-27-19, 09:05 PM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
Hee hee, I totally get that. It is a hard one - and i am sure I am doing half the moves wrong anyway. I had ASC1 for over a year before I realized the first part of the first combo was supposed to be done in front of the step instead of behind. A YEAR! Geez, Steph.
😅 I think I bought 2 before 1 and I did the same thing with ASC2. I always wished she would have redone 1. I liked it, but awful music and it looks like she filmed it in a bedroom. It echoed and they whoo hooed it to death. Great choreography though.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-19, 07:45 AM  
Indy

I liked every one of her step videos. ASC 5 - hard, and got most of it but not all of the choreography, unbelievably the last combo I couldn't grasp. Kind of fudged it to get through. I have Stepletic but haven't done it - after these reviews I'm going to. Her previews never really helped me. I would watch the actual workout and that actually helped quite a bit.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amy bento, amy bento step, stepletic