Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-25-18, 07:32 PM  
rhbrand

OT: Best Natrual Deodorant

I've been thinking of using a natural deodorant on my days I don't go to work but man, there are so many out there.

I got a stick of Scmitts in a FabFitFun box, and well, I don't like it. Feels awful when I'm trying to put it on. Its sticky and doesn't glide on.

So, give them to me. The best natural deodorants! I don't mind stuff with smells, esp vanilla and coconut. And if they are good at controlling wetness, all the better cause I sweat like racehorse running in July. Hence why I will probably stick with antiperspirant for work. I hate having sweat running down my sides.
Old 12-25-18, 08:16 PM  
cyana

There's a lot of YMMV involved on this journey, IMHO.

I personally like Schmidt's and prefer the sensitive skin varieties. One tip - whether you're using the stick or the paste, hold it against your skin for at least 10 seconds before you start to swipe. It seems to glide much better for me after I do that. You may also want to poof a bit of arrowroot or some other non-irritating powder on afterward, especially in warmer weather. I made myself a batch of lavender dusting powder by putting some lavender essential oil into the arrowroot. I haven't tried the charcoal magnesium variety of Schmidt's yet and will be curious as to how it compares to the others. I've primarily used the Bergamot Lime and the Lavender Tips.

I purchased some tea tree deodorant made by a local lady and you'd never know if I had B.O. as you could smell the tea tree several minutes before you saw me coming around the corner. That one is going to have to go into the trash, as I find the tea tree scent to be overwhelming.

The deodorants heavy on baking soda tend to be very irritating to my armpits after a couple of days.

Keep us posted on what products you use and your experience with them.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-18, 08:33 PM  
geojill

I actually use witch hazel. I apply with a cotton round in the morning and I carry witch hazel wipe packets in my purse during warmer weather in case I need to freshen up mid-day. It doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin, it doesn’t leave marks on my clothes, and it works well for me.
Old 12-25-18, 09:11 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

I make this for my husband who has sensitive skin and incredibly, it works! I add a few drops of essential oil to make it smell nice. Additionally, I melt the coconut oil and whisk in the other ingredients (I use cornstarch). Then I line a muffin tin with paper liners and pour about 1/2 inch of the mixture into them. Refrigerate till solid then keep refrigerated if you live in a warm climate. It will melt above 75 degrees F, but he doesn't mind just grabbing the cake he's currently using out of the baggie in the door of the fridge. It beats itchy broken out armpits!

Coconut Oil Deodorant Ingredients

6 T coconut oil
1/4 cup (4 T) baking soda
1/4 cup (4 T) arrowroot or organic cornstarch
essential oils (optional)

Coconut Oil Deodorant Instructions

Mix baking soda and arrowroot together in a medium sized bowl.
Mash in coconut oil with a fork until well mixed.
Add oils if desired.
Store in small glass jar or old deodorant container for easy use.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-18, 09:18 PM  
blzgrl

I’ve been using this:

https://www.barepits.com
blzgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-18, 10:24 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I've tried a lot....without a lot of luck.

I'm loving this....just purchased last month:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-18, 11:07 PM  
NotThatGirl

I've tried almost every popular natural deo out there over the last several years and have only landed on one I like - Vapour's AER Deodorant. My underarms are very sensitive to the baking soda in most formulas and this is the only one that hasn't bothered me.

Something I love using with it is The Mother Dirt AO+ Mist. It can be used all over your body but if you want to be sure you stay fresh even through a heavy workout this is worth picking up. It works well and for me and the combination of this and the AER is perfection for me. Both last a long time too so I don't worry much about the price on either one.
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-18, 11:25 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Primal Pit Paste. It comes in jar and stick form. I use the unscented stick and it’s the only natural deodorant that doesn’t feel slimy to me and actually works. I live in south Florida and I don’t get B.O., even in the summer. You can find it at Whole Foods. I put about 10-15 swipes under each arm and the stick lasts me at least 3 months.

https://primalpitpaste.com/

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-18, 11:42 PM  
ardnas

Thai crystal stick - no scent, no residue, works very well after wash, inexpensive, one stick lasts years if you keep it dry after use.
Old 12-26-18, 12:53 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I use this, it works well for me. I buy it at my local health food store.
https://www.amazon.com/Jason-Tea-Tre...eodorant+stick

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deodorants, natural deodorants