Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-18, 03:16 PM  
lorajc

Is there Anyone Here w/ OCD/Anxiety that Has These Problems Working Out?

or am I alone??

I have been a type A, anxious person with OCD my entire life....and recently I've been working on my form and trying to help issues in my life, including pain from bad posture and I've realized that I am chest breathing instead of belly/breath breathing due to anxiety....and I read in my Trigger Point Therapy book that this causes a great deal of spasms in your neck, upper body, etc. (sorry if I'm rambling). Oh and if you do chest breathe....how did you correct it? I am having a very hard time trying to.

The other issue I've noticed I'm having is when instructors say squeeze constantly in workouts (in reference to squeeze the muscle), I tend to over-squeeze and exaggerate the movement and therefore make my spasms worse....I'm discovering!! I'm ready to mute my DVDs and listen to music because of this...LOL!!

Lastly, I've discovered that I was "jamming" myself into yoga poses instead of relaxing into them because of my type A/OCD personality. I seem to go overboard and overdo things. This was, I think, exaggerating my pain also.

I've been working on myself.......so I was just wondering.........am I alone here or does anyone else have a history of this?

Please don't judge me for this....at least I'm trying to better myself....
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote