Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-10-18, 07:07 PM  
pfhanna

Does anyone know about MD TV?

On Mike Donavanik he has posted workouts by Bodyfit by Amy, Grokker, GymRa, Jillian Michaels, Daily Burn plus yoga instructors and others http://bit.ly/JoinMDTV I didn't look to see what it costs but was wondering if anyone has signed up and how much? I hope this isn't a sign of things to come since I have found tons of quality workouts for free on youtube? Thanks to all!!
Old 01-11-18, 05:25 AM  
pcdoctor01

Jillian has Mike D, Zuzka, Casey, etc. on one of her websites.
https://fitfusion.vhx.tv/trainers
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-18, 10:40 AM  
LizEMA

I BELIEVE the cost is $9.99/month, but I could be wrong.

I know macska subscribes to his site and is a huge fan of his. Maybe she'll chime in and give some specifics.

For Mike, I know he is now only adding WOs to MDTV (and will no longer be adding any more WOs to his YT channel).

ETA: It's $12.99/month (after a 7-day free trial). I could've sworn it used to be 9.99/month...
Old 01-11-18, 05:56 PM  
pfhanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizEMA View Post
I BELIEVE the cost is $9.99/month, but I could be wrong.

I know macska subscribes to his site and is a huge fan of his. Maybe she'll chime in and give some specifics.

For Mike, I know he is now only adding WOs to MDTV (and will no longer be adding any more WOs to his YT channel).
I don't know how much Mike is charging for this MDTV but I am hoping that others don't start doing this??? He had GymRa, Bodyfit by Amy, Jillian, plus tons of others. I hope sites like HasFit, Sean Vigue, Pahla Bowers, don't follow in his footsteps with charging? Does anyone else know about this? Thanks for the help, Pam
Old 01-11-18, 07:26 PM  
pcdoctor01

It’s not looking good.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 10:56 AM  
pfhanna

I just checked the price for MD TV and it's $12.99 a month or $99.99 a year. I see BodyFit by Amy on there so I hope this doesn't mean she's not adding any new workouts (free) on her channel. I still hope others are not going to be charging. I use Pahla Bowers, HasFit, Pop Sugar, Eye See Digital, Angie Fitness TV, Coach Ali, ReemFit 360, and this doesn't even include the ton of quality Yoga, pilates out there. I did see Jillian's channel for $9.99 a month also.
Old 01-12-18, 02:42 PM  
upperwside

I love MD TV! He has a kettlebell workout that I love.. a really good heavy weight one. I love his style and like almost all the workouts. I have never tried any of the bodyweight ones, as I do not enjoy those types of workouts.. but there at a lot of them on there too. He has quite a lot of guest instructors too, and I have liked most of those workouts as well. If you like his DVDs and the workouts on his You Tube channel, you will like his. It is worth the $ for me. It is easy to put on hold or to cancel. I will put it on hold and pay for Powerstike for a month or too, and go back. I love streaming, as I can try out new instructor or workouts whenever I like.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 03:28 PM  
pfhanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
I love MD TV! He has a kettlebell workout that I love.. a really good heavy weight one. I love his style and like almost all the workouts. I have never tried any of the bodyweight ones, as I do not enjoy those types of workouts.. but there at a lot of them on there too. He has quite a lot of guest instructors too, and I have liked most of those workouts as well. If you like his DVDs and the workouts on his You Tube channel, you will like his. It is worth the $ for me. It is easy to put on hold or to cancel. I will put it on hold and pay for Powerstike for a month or too, and go back. I love streaming, as I can try out new instructor or workouts whenever I like.
I am going to watch more of his free youtube workouts before paying. What is Powerstrike fee? Now I want to check this one out
Old 01-12-18, 04:22 PM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfhanna View Post
I am going to watch more of his free youtube workouts before paying. What is Powerstrike fee? Now I want to check this one out
Powerstrike is kinda pricey, $29.99 per month. :-( But, if you like Ilaria, it's great. There's not a TON of content there like Cathe live, or ART, but she has all of her different formats there except Forza. It's a nice site. She also puts out weekly rotations that mix the subscription site and YT freebies, which is nice. I am not subscribing now as I'm doing other things, but I had a subscription for 2-3 months and I'll definitely go back.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote