Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-14, 10:39 PM  
catcrazy

Weight Bench recommendations please!

I am interested in getting a weight bench for either Body Beast or STS, not sure which yet, but my step is just too much of a pain to keep moving around. Any bench suggestions? TIA!
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 08:44 AM  
jaj999
VF Supporter

I don't have suggestions, but if you're in the SF bay area, I'm giving one away .
Old 08-03-14, 08:54 AM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaj999 View Post
I don't have suggestions, but if you're in the SF bay area, I'm giving one away .
Not even close, but thank you!
Old 08-03-14, 02:16 PM  
Tugger31

My advice is if you're going to purchase the whole set, ie. the stand/bench combo not just the bench only, then make sure your barbell fits across the barbell rests. Most bench sets are made for the longer Olympic length barbells. Mine wouldnt fit my 5 ft barbell I had previously used with all my Cathe workouts. I ended up buying the Olympic length barbell but then had to buy new weight plates. My standard plates have a 1" diameter center, the Olympic bar is wider at 2". I didn't have to buy too many plates though. My standard barbell weighed in at 5 lbs, my Olympic bar alone weighs close to 35 lbs. I still incorporate both barbells into my workouts.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 04:22 PM  
Just_Jo

http://www.ironmaster.com/super-bench.html#.U96n1_ldWSo

I love our Super Bench. It is so much better than using the step, and it's very fast and easy to change positions--much easier than my gym's benches. It's spendy, but very good quality.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 04:53 PM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
My advice is if you're going to purchase the whole set, ie. the stand/bench combo not just the bench only, then make sure your barbell fits across the barbell rests. Most bench sets are made for the longer Olympic length barbells. Mine wouldnt fit my 5 ft barbell I had previously used with all my Cathe workouts. I ended up buying the Olympic length barbell but then had to buy new weight plates. My standard plates have a 1" diameter center, the Olympic bar is wider at 2". I didn't have to buy too many plates though. My standard barbell weighed in at 5 lbs, my Olympic bar alone weighs close to 35 lbs. I still incorporate both barbells into my workouts.
Thank you for your response! I'm looking for just a sturdy bench. I think I have narrowed it down to just a couple after reading many reviews!
Old 08-03-14, 04:58 PM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Jo View Post
http://www.ironmaster.com/super-bench.html#.U96n1_ldWSo

I love our Super Bench. It is so much better than using the step, and it's very fast and easy to change positions--much easier than my gym's benches. It's spendy, but very good quality.
I have seen this and the more I read about it the more I want it. It doesn't take up much space, does it?. Yes that would make life so much easier during STS, not having to move the step for one exercise, pause the DVD, and set it up again a few minutes later. I think I'm caving
Old 08-03-14, 04:59 PM  
Irisg1

I have a Danskin bench I love.
Old 08-04-14, 12:13 AM  
Just_Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcrazy View Post
I have seen this and the more I read about it the more I want it. It doesn't take up much space, does it?. Yes that would make life so much easier during STS, not having to move the step for one exercise, pause the DVD, and set it up again a few minutes later. I think I'm caving
No, it doesn't take much space. About the size of a bench if you keep it out. You can store it vertically as well. DH bought the dip attachment, which I have never used. I am so impressed with the quality. We've had it a few years and it looks brand new. We did not get wheels to move it around, but I move it easily.

In true vidiot fashion, I say buy it.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-14, 10:02 AM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Jo View Post
No, it doesn't take much space. About the size of a bench if you keep it out. You can store it vertically as well. DH bought the dip attachment, which I have never used. I am so impressed with the quality. We've had it a few years and it looks brand new. We did not get wheels to move it around, but I move it easily.

In true vidiot fashion, I say buy it.
Mine arrives today plus 2 attachments, yay!

Tags
weight bench