Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-11, 10:34 AM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
One way to modify would be not to jump off the rebounder. I can't imagine it being that difficult to modify these.
I agree that it should not be too difficult to modify these but, frankly, that is all the more reason there should have been a modifier included in the workout to show fun and interesting moves that aren't as "extreme".
Old 03-04-11, 10:36 AM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_real_twit View Post
I agree that it should not be too difficult to modify these but, frankly, that is all the more reason there should have been a modifier included in the workout to show fun and interesting moves that aren't as "extreme".
True- the average person watching on HSN that doesn't do videos regularly may be overwhelmed by the workout and may not know how to modify.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 11:00 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post

ETA: If anybody wants to try rebounding, I urge you to skip this package and get a bungee with the $$. The UR hurt my lower joints and has hurt my son's feet as well.
Barb S, can you expand on why you like the bungee rebounders? How is it so different and superior to the UR? Why do you think the lower end Jumpsport is a good value if one can get the discount code to buy the 370 model? I know you use to like the YogaFlex which is what I currently have and also like. Can you give me your take on the differences between the YogaFlex and the Jumpsport? TIA

On topic: these new UR workouts are too extreme for me.
Old 03-04-11, 11:17 AM  
carres1973

WOW! These workouts look really good. However, I am not really sure I want to work THAT hard! I do like the looks of a couple so I hope they will be available individually.

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 11:20 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
Barb S, can you expand on why you like the bungee rebounders? How is it so different and superior to the UR? Why do you think the lower end Jumpsport is a good value if one can get the discount code to buy the 370 model? I know you use to like the YogaFlex which is what I currently have and also like. Can you give me your take on the differences between the YogaFlex and the Jumpsport? TIA

On topic: these new UR workouts are too extreme for me.

The lower end Jumpsport bungee is a good alternative if there is no discount code available. Right now, I do not believe there is a working code? Not sure if there ever will be one again but sure hope so for those on the fence. If paying full price, the lower end bungee can save substantial $$ and is still a fine bungee rebounder without paying extra for more cord adjustments and a longer cord warranty. However, I should mention the workout dvd that comes with the 370 does have a nice extra cardio chapter, just not worth almost double the price LOL

I cannot describe how much better the bungee bounce is. Really have to feel it for yourself to see the difference whether wearing shoes or not. It's amazing! Yes, the YogFlex had a larger mat but I will gladly modify to the smaller space for how wonderful the mat and bounce feel for everything. I can balance on the petals if I want more space but usually prefer not to. If somebody really wants alittle more space, wearing shoes would probably help to use more of the bungee area with either the skirt or petal mats. It's pretty obvious the new UR series are intended for shoes only and now that my feet are healed, I much prefer going barefoot.

Overall, I think the new UR series are more like BOSU workouts than rebounding workouts?

Barb S
who has adapted just about every kind of workout to the rebounder and wants to warn people to keep the weights very light because the GForce can really add to much weight to vulnerable joints
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 11:27 AM  
Messe

I really loved what I saw in the clip. I haven't used my rebounder in years, but that may change as soon as this series becomes available. In the meantime, I may bring it in from the garage so I can try some of the moves in the clip.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 11:32 AM  
fluffydogfan

I love the look of this. My problem is that I don't have a mini-trampoline and I don't want one.
My house is filled to the gills with fitness gear. Squat rack, two Olympic weight sets, one standard weight set, dumbbells and barbells galore, kettlebells, High Step, regular step, extra risers, tubing, rowing machine, treadmill, flat bench, incline bench, glute ham raise, back hyperextension, and there's more.
I've been wanting a Bosu forever too, but I just know it will sit and be a $100 dust magnet.
I don't want more stuff in the house!

Katie
fluffydogfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 12:11 PM  
lindseylu8

the clip looks just like what I imagined Amy was describing. I MUST HAVE THESE!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 01:34 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Barb S, thank you for your input on the Jumpsport bungee rebounder.
Old 03-04-11, 01:43 PM  
editstein
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Amy said they should be ready in three weeks and that JB said something about Collage and HSN. The infomercial won't be ready until summer. I don't know about Collage.
Thanks so much DDJ ! I have to brainwash myself into loving them even before getting because my DH said that if I won't use my rebounder that I am getting next week, he won't accept any further exercise equipment at home so I hope with those I will be happily bouncing my bum-bum in the air a few times a week ( for long enogh to convince him it was a good wise purchase well worth the space it will take in the house )

Tags
extreme urban rebounding, shadowboxer, urban rebounder, urban rebounding, urban rebounding extreme, urx