Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-28-20, 06:29 PM  
fanofladyvols

Today was BBL Rio Extreme. This was a tougher workout for me and I had to get sips of water even though I kept my weights fairly light. This one wasn't the funfest the others were but was still a great overall workout. I have done all the main BBLs and think it's a wonderful lower body set. Very happy I have it. Tomorrow is a full rest day.

Dana how many weeks do you have left in that one challenge that you have returned to doing? I think my sweet spot is at least one day of pilates and several days of CS a week. I can't seem to squeeze in yoga very often in my rotations.

Carol I am wondering how I will use Cathe's Perfect 30. Trying to see what will go well with it from my stack of 'new to me.'

Donna I'm a big fan of rest days, lol. We have have been having the oddest weather today..one hour it will be quite lovely breezy sunny but cool...and the next cooler, dark and and no breeze at all. Odd.

Keep us posted Cheri.

Peaceful wishes to all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 06:55 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

Dana how many weeks do you have left in that one challenge that you have returned to doing? I think my sweet spot is at least one day of pilates and several days of CS a week. I can't seem to squeeze in yoga very often in my rotations.
Hi Linda, I completed 4 of 8 weeks and had to take few weeks off. Seems that anything longer than 4 weeks is just too long for me. After taking 2-3 weeks off I have renewed interest in finishing the last 4 weeks - at my own pace. Workouts are now longer (30-40min) and more challenging but still....there is a bit of sameness about them which made me wander off to other workouts. This program is pilates with some great stretches and a bit of cardio and yoga.

Are you doing BBL rotation? I bought this set, used, several years ago at HPB but I haven't even tried it. I got it because it was super cheap. Is this a full body program? How is Leandro Carvalho as the instructor?

I was planning to do evening yoga today but instead I've settled in front of TV to watch Chiefs vs. Ravens. With a glass of wine.
Old 09-28-20, 09:44 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Are you doing BBL rotation? I bought this set, used, several years ago at HPB but I haven't even tried it. I got it because it was super cheap. Is this a full body program? How is Leandro Carvalho as the instructor?
Hi Dana!
I got it inexpensively at a used bookstore after hemming and hawing looking at it. I said if I saw it again in a few weeks then I'd get it. Well it was still there..I was a little embarrassed bc of the title, lol.
He is the instructor. He's very enjoyable to me. Sometimes he's hard to understand bc of his accent. At first I had to use the English subtitles but I am used to him now.
I posted my rotation on page 3 of this thread. But basically I'm using it for lower body and cardio and then doing Supreme 90 for upper strength. I have done more pilates or CS than my rotation shows in the evenings.
I can't do any rotation longer than 3 or 4 weeks but I'm really enjoying this one so far.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 09-28-20, 10:51 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I must be a vidiot because I also have the Supreme 90 that I've never tried.
Old 09-29-20, 05:53 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I wandered back to Chris Freytag's GHUTV website and discovered a new to me calendar - "Foundations" - this one is designed for beginners, seniors, those coming back from an injury, people who don't like getting up and down from the floor numerous times in a workout, etc. It uses some of the walking workouts, some of the Gold Beginner workouts, and Chris' fairly new set of 3 chair workouts. It looked good to me and I'm already paid up for the calendar year at Chris' site, so in Chris' words, why not? Yesterday's workout was

GHUTV - Chair Strength - 30 minutes

This chair workout was no joke! I really, really, liked it. Of course, it was a little light on leg work because it was seated, but Chris does have you do a set of standing squats at the end. Other than that move, the workout was performed seated in the chair. It was a nice upper body routine. Chris led, along with another "background" exerciser. Needless to say, another plus, it was easy on the wrists.

Dana - LOL! We all are.

Cheri - Keep at it on your claim! Hopefully they will eventually get their heads above water and will actually answer the phones when you call, etc. I do know someone whose claim got treated like yours, and then one day, out of the blue, the money just appeared, in a single lump sum. Go figure.

Donna - I found that particular TBW from Michelle challenging. Maybe it was just me the day I did it.

Linda - Wondering how long until the Perfect 30 workouts are shipped. Once she got them filmed, it has seemed like the process has gone pretty quickly.

Waves to all ~ It's another beautiful day in the neighborhood. We had 186 cases diagnosed yesterday in our city. Hmm... hoping that's just a test backlog or something like that.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 07:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I wandered back to some "vintage" Jessica Smith - her 30 Minute Power Walk from 2013 showed up in my You Tube Feed so I went for it. It was a good workout - enough variety so you didn't feel like you were just marching in place all day and a good pace, too.

I also did Trifecta Pilates Leg & Core workout - this was 15 minutes long and included leg weights (ankle weights). I like when Beth mixes things up in her Pilates routines.

Yesterday I took a walk mid-day after a long meeting and after work I did Trifecta Pilates - Standing Yoga Pilates Class which was about 15 minutes long and was surprisingly challenging.

Dana - yes, we are all vidiots - i have S90, too.... I have looked at Angie on You

Cheri - Gov't inefficiency is very annoying to say the least!

Linda - that sounds like a good set of workouts!

Carol - that sounds like an interesting program. I will have to look at it - I get bunches of offers for good deals on her site all the time. One of these days I will succumb as she has added a lot of new content since the last time I subscribed. I do want to cut back my subscriptions next year, though, having too many makes my analysis paralysis even worse.

Speaking of which, I think for October I will do a mix of Jessica's workouts and Trifecta Pilates. I paid for a year of Trifecta Pilates w/ a special in January and have hardly used it. I'm not going t renew - since I didn't use it much, but I'm going to try to make use of it now. I do like her workouts and I think mixing them up w/ some Jessica Smith will work well for me.

I also don't think I will renew Faithful Workouts - as much as I like Michelle, after awhile all the workouts start feeling the same to me and they never feel like enough of any one thing. I figure I own a good number of her DVDs and there is You Tube for when I feel like doing her workouts. Although, for the special price of $35 per year, it isn't a bad deal at all, so I do reserve the right to change my mind.

Jessica Valent I have for a year - and I'll think about it when it expires. I do like her variety, though and how she mixes traditional work w/ Pilates.

I will keep Ellen at $5.95/month - I do her stuff at least a few times a month.

But next year may be the year of the DVD - or You Tube - LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day - if it is doesn't rain today I think I will take another mid-day walk. I used to take a walk break at work when I worked in the office so as long as the weather is good, I may as well do that here, too.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 09:53 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I do think Cathe's DVDs are going to get here in October at this rate. I certainly think that rise in cases has to be a backlog in test results.

Donna it's a good thing my internet stinks...I would never be able to settle on a workout, haha! Good luck, streamlining your streaming..it sounds really hard to decide!

Dana Haha, we are all vidiots and ain't it great?! You don't have to search to buy the ones you're interested in because you already have them! I have a section of DVDs that are in my 'someday' pile. These are ones I picked up as a bargain to see if I could ever get past my perpetual beginner ability. Supreme 90 was in it. Somewhere I read the saying "Someday I will not be able to do this. Today is not that day." So yes, I have limitations, but really I was holding myself back. I thought about my age and realized I was running out of somedays to get there so I better try now. Anyway, I have been pushing myself outside my comfort zone all year and enjoying it immensely. Unfortunately for me, some of the ones I wish I had jumped on the bandwagon for are nearly impossible to find even though it's been less than years when they were made! So be thankful for any that you grabbed while you could!

As far as subscriptions, (even though I can't subscribe to anything), I love reading everyone's thoughts on the workouts you guys do.

Unfortunately for me, Chris Freytag reminds me of a mean PE coach I had so I just can't seem to get past that. Silly, I know! Otherwise, I would try to snag her streaming on sale. Ellen is a good price! Jessica V. sounds worthwhile but I don't remember the cost. I don't have enough interaction with the others to get an idea of how they would appeal to me. There are others I read about on other threads that would probably grab me for a month or two but not sure I would stay long term.

If I could stream, I would be wanting a CS subscription, one strength focused subscription, one pilates subscription and then look for fun stuff on youtube. But all that adds up, doesn't it?

I am finding it is fun to reward myself for my consistency with my workout purchases. Mary's sales are timed beautifully for that. So far, trading and SASEs has helped remove my 'meh to me' workouts. There have been several times I have been just about to post a trade/SASE list and someone posted the exact workouts I was going to list. Crazy, right?

Hugs to all!!

Old 09-30-20, 06:07 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workout was

GHUTV - Core Connection - 30 minutes

This was basically a walking workout with a lot of core focus. One of the other trainers, Lindsay, led this one. She is not as experienced as Chris and had a hard time cuing in such a way that you would finish the move on the correct foot. Obviously it's harder than you think. Regardless, it was pleasant enough and got the job done.

We had over 1,100 new cases in our (relatively small) city yesterday. Most of them are attributable to the prison on the east side of town. But I figure at least some of those cases are probably prison personnel who are out mingling with the public. Regardless, our hospitals will have to take care of the really sick ones and we were already almost at the level that the Governor would begin to racket back our opening capacities. The next few weeks could be interesting.

Linda - Chris Freytag as a mean PE coach? LOL! I don't see her that way, but maybe it's all that "encouragement" that she is constantly giving.

Donna - I think they have added a fair amount of content on the GHUTV site since you last subscribed. I'm undecided at this point as to whether I will renew when it's time in December. I'll probably let it lapse, so I can get a really good price on a subscription instead of the higher renewal price.

Waves to all ~ I'm about to finally finish up my audit preparation - at the end of the first quarter of the new year. Good grief! But Happy Dance!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 06:40 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Stopping by to wave hi to everyone. I had plans to do day 2 of AngieFitness yesterday but I had to be in the office early and didn't have time to workout before work. Unfortunately, if I don't get my workout in first thing - it usually doesn't happen later on.

This morning, I woke up late (for me) and I have to drop off my car for service by 8am and then I have quite a few errand to run today. Who knows if exercise will happen for me again today.

I've loosely decided to follow AngieFitness over 40 calendar but after just one day, I got distracted by Hamelin d'Abell. I previewed his new rebounding workout (not the first one which I already have) and had to buy it. It looks like fun and has good music. This made me review some of his other cardio tone workouts which I already have and it made me realize how much I miss him. So, I guess for the next several days I will be doing HDM. Ah, so many choices so little time!

Waves to all!
Old 09-30-20, 08:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday for extra activity I did a short outdoor walk w/my DD and doggie and after work I did the Essentrics Live workout for yesterday. A nice feature of the Essentrics subscription is that they put out 2 live workouts a week - they are usually at noon on Tuesday and Thursday but they are available for 48 hours afterwards so you don't have to do it "live". It was a good workout -by an instructor I hadn't seen before and whose name escapes me.

Today, so far, I did:

Trifecta Pilates - Full Body Weights class - I enjoyed the variety in this routine - the pace was good - not painfully slow or too fast. It did seem to hit the whole body, too. It was 43 minutes, so that was all I had time for today, but I will add on a walk or something later today.

Linda - that is a very good attitude to have about working out and you know, I'm going to adopt it and face my fears of Jessica's WS 3.0! I have done some of the workouts as part of her Calm & Strong but I am going to do the full rotation, gosh darn it! LOL!

Carol -that is a spike in cases...hopefully it will slow down. I am going to look at that Foundation program it sounds interesting. I don't really like chair workouts b/c I sit all day but I bet I could do them standing if I wanted to! Maybe in the new year - at some point, I'll re-subscribe, after i unsub from some other sites.

Dana - I have looked at Angie from time to time, maybe someday...her workouts tend to be longer, and while I don't necessarily mind working out for an hour, I prefer it to be a mix of shorter workouts...

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote