Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-26-20, 08:32 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workout was

Faithful Workouts - Upper Body Intensive - 15 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Pilates for Posture Health - 13 minutes;
Walk - 35 minutes

I'm still looking for the "perfect" workout balance of stuff, although I do think it has to include pilates.

Well, we made it through the first 6 weeks of in person school - only 1 case and that one involved no exposure at school because of the timing of when symptoms began and the person's honestly in staying home once they had been notified that they had been exposed. Needless to say, we are thrilled (and relieved). I heard last night that the entire state of Oklahoma is going virtual for the next 2 weeks. I guess they've got lots of cases going on over there.

Donna - So glad that your job situation worked out the way the you wanted it to. I am such a numbers person - that would have been the perfect type of job for me. Life is so interesting - finally, in my sixties, I have found exactly what I want to do with my life career-wise. I so wish I could have figured that out earlier in life, but looking back, I don't know how I would have. Growing up I didn't even know that there were jobs like mine.

Linda - It is hard being the police, so to speak. My ex-husband had terrible habits - no exercise, too much food and alcohol; he needed a full time keeper to make him take responsibility for his health. Of course, that's a joke - no one can make someone else take care of themselves. Gentle reminders, the availability of healthy choices and setting a good example is about all you can do. 11,000 feet sounds tough, but Michelle (at age 58) is still hiking 14,000 feet peaks in Colorado so I guess exercising at 11K is not an issue. I would be gasping for air.

Yay! It's the weekend!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 04:41 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I think the balance you need changes for us as time passes as well. So it's not like you can find it and you've arrived or anything
For me, that's the challenge.

Donna I would be worthless the day after having to stand for hours. I'm ok if I can keep walking around..but not in one spot. That's brutal for me. Good for you !

So far I have only had time for BBL High and Tight plus BBL Bum Bum Rapido. I think Rapido is great after high and tight to (hopefully) work out any soreness. I'm going to try to squeeze in some foam rolling and short pilates work tonight.

Now I'm off to enjoy some football!!!

Waves to all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 08:52 AM  
cherimac

Sorry to be MIA. I was working and trying to get something done on my furlough pay. The DOL won't answer the phone~they say they are having "system trouble" and then hang up. I'm so frustrated. $4000 is a ton of money to keep from me. I need to do as Linda suggested and figure out who to inundate with emails and phone calls now.

Anyway, I have done my PBL Challenge workouts every day. Today was:

PBL Spring into Summer Sculpted Arms
PBL Everyday Essentials: The Clam
Old 09-27-20, 09:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Essentrics Express Posture w/ Amanda
Yoga w/ Adriene - Full Body Flow

I may do something else later...just not sure what. Yesterday DD and i walked.

Cheri - that is just terrible - I think Linda's suggestion is the way to go.

Carol - that is good that the COVID crisis at school was handled so well.

Linda - that is true, the mix of workouts you need and want to do is ever changing.

This weekend I have been in the mood (obviously) for lower key workouts.

Even Michelle's workouts seem a bit too much for my mood for calm these days....we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 10:02 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Something possessed me. Saturday's workout was

Cathe - Fit Split - Pull Day - 40 minutes

This was not an impossible workout - it really wasn't even a ridiculous one. It was tough for me - the heaviest weight I lifted was 8 lbs while Cathe and crew were lifting heavy weights. I knew I would be sore today and I am, but I think I will live.

I may play with the Fit Split set if I can handle it. I don't think I've ever used it, which is silly because it's designed in such a way that you can easily split it into 30 to 40 minute workouts. Of course, I caved and preordered Cathe's newest Perfect 30 set a few weeks ago, so I'm hoping she will come out with a 30 minute or so rotation using all the shorter workouts.

Donna - Nice job! Sorry you are having mood issues. It's funny, even though Cathe may be in the best shape of anyone I've ever seen, she doesn't come across to me as an energizer bunny type. As for the CoVid situation, I think we've just been really lucky - and ruthless with sending kids home if they have symptoms that could be CoVid.

Cheri - Don't take it personally - I think all of the state unemployment offices are that way. I haven't been able to get a phone call through to them since CoVid started. Most of the time our state's unemployment website claim system and claim response system just fails to work period. There's no way to email them, and their fax number is continuously busy. Snail mail is about the only way I've been able to respond to claims. I also used a free online program that allows your computer to act like a fax machine, and using that, I set a fax to go in the wee hours of the morning. That seemed to work - but it's been an incredibly frustrating experience for employers and employees alike. And it's weird, most of the cases we've had - I've filed responses and then never heard another word, one way or the other. As a non-profit, we were allowed to opt out of the unemployment system (which was done many, many years ago - that would not have been my choice), but then if any former employee files a claim, we are required to reimburse the state in full - so it's important for us to respond to claims, particularly those from employees who quit voluntarily or were let go because of sub-par performance.

Linda - You are right - for most of us, our needs change as our lives change. I'm amazed at some folks who still seem to push as hard as they did 30 years ago.

Waves to all ~

Carol
Old 09-27-20, 10:26 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I am hoping Perfect 30 is the way I think it looks and that is capable of being adjusted to my needs. FitSplit is very much like that. Many of her series have premixes that work great for me and I think will work well with this new series in a rotation. I actually hope to sub in this series alot.

Donna I am definitely feeling low key today. It's good for you to listen to your body like that. I listened to a podcast once that says as we age we can't push hard all the time like we used to ...and that's ok because we're not supposed to. He said when you feel good, push then, whatever push feels like. And when you can't, cut yourself some slack. It was very liberating to accept what my body signals is the movement it will be ok with doing.

Cheri I think Carol brings up a good point. Their overall inefficiency is compounding their workload. However, they still need to perform their job functions at SOME point. I am praying your efforts are fruitful and garner a quick resolution.

Speaking of listening to my body ...today has been CS #1227 Shoulder strengthening. I may go for an outdoor walk but will take it easy.

Sending peaceful Sunday wishes to everyone including Dana, Christine and Brenda!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 04:52 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workout was

Cathe - Fit Split - Boxing Bootcamp - 35 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Pilates for Stress Relief - 13 minutes

This was quite a lot of modifying going on, and some water breaks, along with catch my breath breaks, as well. But, I got it done. Whew!

Cheri - Agreeing with Linda - I'm not trying to diminish your frustration or excuse what's happened, but I think most states were totally overwhelmed by the claims filled. Their claims processing infrastructure was not very good to begin with, and most offices were probably understaffed in retrospect. I'm sure Texas' unemployment office was understaffed - our unemployment rate had been so low for so long, it wouldn't have made sense to have double the staff that they had - at least it didn't make sense until it did.

Waves, wishing weekends were all 3 day weekends.

Carol
Old 09-28-20, 07:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was back to Faithful Workouts, so I did:

Faithful Workouts - Total Body in the Barn - this one used a circular band and tubing and included a variety of exercises - some floor work, etc. It was a littl bit of everything.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for When You are Stuck (15 min)

A dreary looking day out there today - not in the mood for Monday. My daughter has the day off from school and she and her friends are going to go hiking, if it doesn't rain. I'm glad to see her getting out - although I'm nervous about her driving there by herself, I guess at some point I'll get used to it! LOL!

Linda - good point about listening to our bodies. Last night I slept terribly, but for some reason, felt more energetic?? Pahla B. talks a lot about that in her workouts - the need for more rest days/moderate days as we get older - our bodies don't recover from exercise/stress as quickly as they used to.

Carol - nice job w/ Cathe! I know what you mean - Cathe is pretty calm when she instructs - not like Michelle isn't but she is just so fast all the time!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 08:31 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

AngieFitnessTV Fit Over 40 Day 1 Low Impact Cardio - 30min. https://www.angiefitness.tv/fit-over-40-program It's free on youtube. This link provides description of each workout and directs you to youtube. This was easy to follow, basic, low impact cardio. I liked it just fine. This was my first Angie workout. I'm not saying I'll follow this program and do all 30 days of it, but so far so good. Tomorrow is upper body and I'm actually looking forward to it.

DY FF8 - One HIIT Wonder - 30min. I haven't done any of these in about 3 weeks and I forgot how good they make me feel.

My goal for October is to be more consistent in my workouts and add a yoga or stretch in the evenings. I'm a couch potato in the evenings and I want to change that. I need more flexibility work.

Donna, it's gray, cool and drizzly morning here too. I'm loving it! It's exactly the kind of day I love.

Waves to Linda, Carol, Cheri, Brenda and Christine!
Old 09-28-20, 09:20 AM  
cherimac

PBL New You Abdominals
PBL Spring into Summer Stretch and Flow

I get what you guys are saying. But I got paid for two weeks then nothing. And everyone else I worked with got paid...even those who were working the entire time. Their hours were cut so they still got partial furlough money. When I went back to work they were STILL getting that. And I've got $4000 on the table with no one to help me. So yes, I'm very frustrated by the inefficiency.

Off to work!