Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-19, 01:40 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Cleda, the pallet plus the rails totalled 800 lbs, but that also included the box of heavy cables, connectors & the big wooden pallet as well. The panels themselves weigh 40# each & there are 17 of them. The rails are up & installed. Next will be the panels.

Friday was household chores, garden & flower tending, some sewing & knee exercises.

Today was grass mowing while dh was on the man-shed roof installing the rails. I still need to mow along the driveway, but that may not happen today.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-19, 07:50 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Sunday ...

So here I am. I'll report yesterday, before I do today!

Tomorrow starts my new challenge, so it will be Peloton, Peloton and more Peloton. Oh wait! Why would that be any different from recently? I suppose you guys figured out by now, I love my Peloton. I am on a 33 week streak, which I'm very proud of. Some weeks are better than others. But I have consistently been on the Peloton App (and then my Peloton) for 33 weeks. YAY ME. That's consistency. Ok, enough of that.

8/17/2019: 45 Minute Christine HIIT ride. I was literally DRIPPING with sweat. She finished this ride with a huge push to the song "Bohemian Rhapsody". I would do this workout again, just to get to that final song and push. If she came along with me for an FTP test or VO 2 max test, I know that I'd perform a LOT better. Followed up with a 20 minute Low Impact ride with a new instructor (to me) Ben Alldis. I enjoyed it. He was clear, concise and instructions were great! So, I will try some more of his.

I am so looking forward to starting the challenge. I've missed it. I like the schedules, comradrie, etc. Yippee Skippee!!! Here I go.

I did try some Jari Love after. I thought I wanted some upper body to add to it. I put in several of her dvds, but didn't find the one that I think was mostly arms. I forget what one it was and was too lazy to look it up. I saw the set, of the barbell, the dumbells, the step and said, "Nope ... don't feel like dragging it all out." and then I put in Cathe 's Lite and was going to do upper body and again, saw the step, etc. and started the warm up and said, "Nahhhh I just don't feel like it." For a split second I thought about hooking the Ipad up and doing a 10 minute arm workout with Peloton (which should be enough) and said, "Nahhhhhhhhh". ..so I just did cycling.

I want to add to the cycling workouts. I want arms. (not so much legs, but could add them in as well.) But I want to add to it. Even if it's only a couple times a week. Maybe 3 tops. But they can't be long. Anyone remember which Jari is arm heavy? TIA. And if anyone knows of any workouts that are arms with light weights and/or no weights (just body weight) please post. I have a LOT of workouts and chances are, I might have it.

Ok, off to get in some type of workout.
Till next time.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-19, 10:08 AM  
mena

Sat & Sun 8/17 - 8/18 - TURDs
Mon 8/19 - The Firm BSS1 - Cardio Sculpt

Cleda - All of my Jari workouts are total body and none have upper body only premixes. I don't have any of hers from recent releases though so maybe some of her newer ones have arms only premixes or workouts. Maybe Lili knows?

Do you have Cathe's Low Impact Circuit from the "sash" series? That has a short upper body only premix if I remember correctly. She may use a barbell but you can use just dumbells of course. Another idea is Chiseled Upper Body from ICE. That may be too long though at 41 minutes. May be there is a timesaver premix?

Do you have any Firm workouts? The Firm Parts Upper Body is short and really good. It is about a half hour.

There might be some KCM workouts that have premixes that are upper body only. I don't do many of her premixes but I think I remember some that are only one or two body parts so they are very short.

I'll look through my collection and report back any others.
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-19, 01:10 AM  
Helen

Thursday & Friday dog walks
Saturday Michelle Bridges - Tight, Toned, Terrific 45min
Sunday dog school = 2hr walking + derby 2hrs
Monday Christi - Happy Hour Hi/Low (sans abs) 50min
Tuesday derby night = 2 hrs though not done yet

tight for time - drive-by
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-19, 09:55 AM  
mena

Tues 8/20 - Cathe - LIS Cardio Supersets
Old 08-20-19, 07:03 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Trying to check in while I have a few minutes.
Friday - dr. Appt., she did a number of tests, including EKG, all fine. Sent me for a CT scan of my brain - fine. I still have a few more tests scheduled for September, but I have been feeling fine.
Sat - left for the beach after sitting at the car dealer’s waiting for an oil change. Very frustrating, but glad it’s done. Checked in to our beach house rental and had dinner with neighbors from home.
Sun - DD came down with the grandkids.
Our rental is on Delaware Bay and we get to watch the Cape May Lewes Ferry leave and arrive every hour. The kids love it. There is a small beach, a pool and a fishing pier in the community, and the state park beach is a few minutes down the road. So far, we have hit both beaches, the fishing pier several times, the kids and DD went to the pool today, and we all did a bike ride this morning.
DS comes down tonight after work. It’s exhausting, but fun!
The only real down side is that my Fitbit got wet and died. I have been researching what Fitbit to get next. DD asked me why I don’t just get an Apple Watch, but I told her I would miss my Fitbit friends! She is intrigued by Runbets that I told her about. Thank you Cleda!
Not much to report, hope to get back on track once we are home.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-19, 05:25 AM  
Helen

LILI
Glad you've been feeling fine - hopefully it WAS just the paint fumes combined with heat & a small space that gave you the dizziness.
Sounds like you've had (and going to have more) family / friends lovely social time.

have to go, sorry - a LOT of mechanics circular motion questions to do for tomorrow
WAVES to KAY, MENA, & CLEDA.....

Wednesday = Exhale Core Fusion - Lean & Toned
upper body was definitely beg/int, but abs sitting against a wall, lifting extended legs SUPER ADVANCED!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-19, 12:56 PM  
mena

Wed 8/21 - The Firm - Basics Ab, Buns & Thighs

Lili - I'm so happy that all the medical tests are coming back fine. Hopefully, it was just a combination of what Helen said--paint fumes, heat and an enclosed space.

Helen - I'm going to sub in that ab work during the ab segment of my next workout. I gave it a try, and I definitely felt it.
Old 08-22-19, 09:36 AM  
mena

THU 8/22 - Cathe Xtrain - All Out Low Impact HiiT (Timesaver Floor Cardio segment)

I like that Cathe doesn't repeat any of the drills in this one. Just once and then she moves on to the next exercise. The music is good too.
Old 08-22-19, 08:37 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Taking a rest day ....

Lili: Some day we should really meet. I don't think we're THAT far away from each other. maybe halfway? Just a thought. You keep talking about places I know, wouldn't mind re-visiting, etc. You're welcome on the RunBets - but they seem soooooooooo long ago. (Pre peloton!) lol Glad that you are feeling better.

Mena: Thanks for the suggestions! I'll have to go back and recheck my collection. I have TONS of FIRMS and KCM (of course!)

Waves to everyone else. I'm tired and need to check in and get to bed ....

8/18/2019:
Was my last day before heading into the Power Zone University challenge. Peloton: 20 minute Rock Fun Run (Andy Speer) followed by 20 minutes Intervals Run with Oliva Amatao and a 10 minute cool down walk with Rebecca Kennedy. I then followed it up with 45 minute Pop Ride (Hanna Marie Corbin) and then a 5 minute Post Ride Stretch with Hannah Marie Corbin) and then a 10 minute seated stretch (new stretch by Hannah Marie for unflexible people - that's ME!!!!)

So, as you can imagine, I was pretty whipped by the end of that workout. And Unbeknownst to me - one of the admins posted an additional (optional) treadmill challenge to go with the Power Zone Challenge? Seriously? Couldn't have mentioned this to me before (as my quads and inner thighs were screaming!!!) oy ..... So, I've decided to add it in (with first love being the PZ challenge) Bike first, run 8 week challenge, I"m fine if it takes me 16 weeks.

So, now I have new power zones on the bike, sore legs from the treadmill and the start of the challenge. Truly - WHAT WAS I THINKING? Oh wait - I probably wasn't.

Ok, enough of that chatter, back to the check in: (yawn!)

8/19/2019: 45 minute power zone workout with Denis Morton

8/20/2010: Power Zone workout 45 minutes endurance (dripping with sweat.) with Matt Wilpers. Soreness a tad bit better!!!

8/21/2019: 20 minute treadmill run, 45 minute Power Zone workout. Good grief .....

I got up this morning at 4 a.m. to get the workout done before work I have to be on the bike by 4:45 a.m. ... so I have enough time to get ready for work. (On Wed., Thurs. and Friday) anyway ....I was just too tired, I opted to go back to bed and get an extra 1.5 hours of sleep. I needed it.

Tomorrow's a new day.!!!
Waves to all...........
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote