Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-19, 09:19 AM  
mena

Sat 8/10 - The Firm - Slim Solutions Yoga Workout
Sun 8/11 - Caribbean Workout - Sculpt That Body (Muscle Conditioning workout)
Mon 8/12 - Rest Day
Tues 8/13 - Caribbean Workout - Workout on the Go (Chi Ball workout). A surprise virgin! The workouts listed on the back are wrong so I didn't realize this Chi Ball workout was on there. A happy surprise .

It is so insanely hot these past few days. I think I will take things easy this week and may not even do a single Jari workout. It is going to be in the mid-90s with the "real feel" temperatures into the 100s. This is not my ideal weather by any stretch.

Random thought--I have no idea how anyone survived living in Georgia before the discovery of electricity and air conditioning. And in the 1800s when men wore suits and women wore those ridiculous dresses with all the flounces. Crazy !

Cleda - So happy to hear that your back is all better and you are back to your tough workouts.

About meeting internet strangers, the police here have safe meeting places set up in their station parking lots with camera surveillance and good lighting so people can feel safe. Do you have those in your state? They seem like an excellent idea for people.

Helen - I know this was several days ago now, but that was so nice of your Dh to call right quick and help you get going after reading that you hit a slump. It's those little things that really let you know that a person cares.

Waves to Lili and Kay!
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-19, 05:50 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - sounds like you are back in action. Glad you could get the waterbed replaced and lived to tell us! For the most part I trust people, but then you watch the news and wonder? I have Studio Sweat, not Soul Cycle. I didn't realize that my 3 month subscription was up and got hit for a month at full price. I've already canceled after that. I want to try Les Mills on demand and then Peloton, and maybe Cathe Live. Then I'll pick one to stick with, or not.
Helen - how sweet of hubby to call and get you back on track!
Mena - Now that I'm down to the really long Jari's, I find I'm not doing them as frequently.
Kay - hope you are doing better!

8/9 - a dog walk and then walking around Longwood. No real workout, but I got 15K steps in.
8/10 - 3.33 mile run.
8/11 - TURD.
8/12 - 5K dog walk.
8/13 - Jari's Ripped and Chiseled. I didn't finish this because I had 2 pretty intense dizzy spells during it. I've been having some dizziness, but I thought most of it was from painting a ceiling in a small hot space. I need to look into possible causes, since this freaked me out!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-19, 05:28 AM  
Helen

LILI
Oh dear - intense dizziness IS scary! You could be right about painting though - hope so, as that would mean it's not a health issue.

MENA
There are definitely parts of the world that make me wonder why people live there - when there's no really obvious resource reason.

CLEDA
you ARE back ! 75min endurance ride?!
Yes - post-surgery would have similar movement issues to being heavily pregnant I expect. I'd push my heels down to lift my butt, shift/twist hips sideways... it became an automatic move that I still do now.

KAY
Hope all is well with you now.

Business
Monday dog walk 1 hour
Tuesday Derby training 3 hrs
Wednesday Men's Health - Belly Off - Strength 47min

OMG! At derby last night, we did a bit of plank work: got down into low plank and people were dropping out after LITERALLY 10-20 seconds !! commenting "I'm SO unfit" - I thought YES, you ARE! Trainer said ok, go again... I just stayed in place from the first one - ended up just a 3 min plank, nothing dramatic.

Have to go - dinner's ready!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-19, 08:54 AM  
mena

Wed 8/14 - Jessica Smith - Gentle Yoga (Flow 1 - Neck and Shoulders)

Helen - Excellent job with the planks at derby training! Of course, we all know that exercise videos do work but that proves it .

Lili - Dizzy spells are scary and no fun. I hope they don't come back at all but if they do I hope you can figure out the cause and get help quickly.
Old 08-14-19, 07:26 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

I think I'm back! Thanks for the mentions.

Cleda's the beast.
Mena is consistently consistent.
Lili I hope your dizzy spells are only a temporary, heat, painting induced phenomenon. I hope you're staying hydrated.
Helen is the roller derby plank queen! Her hubby likes her exercising. So sweet!

Mena, that is a wonderful meeting place your police department provides. It seems necessary in this day of online sales etc. Of course some people get in their cars & drive states away to meet up with strangers to work out, eh Cleda?

I finally recovered from the daycare bug, nasty thing. I'm finally walking up & & down stairs normally & have taken a few dog walks.

Had a scare with the a/c with a flood. Figured out a drain hose was plugged so the water wasn't going to the pump to be removed. Thank goodness for shop vacs, fans & dehumidifiers, plus old big beach towels.

Exercise-I've been doing knee rehab & floorwoek. I also brought my resistance band upstairs so when I'm sitting I can do some exercises while watching TV with dh.

Today was a tough workday. We met a semi at the local truck stop/gas station. Since a semi can't make it up to our house, that's our only option. The trucker managed to off load the pallet onto the truck. Then I followed the truck home with my car. So we unloaded the two 14' rails, the box of equipment & 17 solar panels. The panels we moved twice, once off the pallet then back onto another pallet in the garage. Total weight 800 pounds. I'm pooped. I'm not looking forward to getting the panels onto dh's man-shed roof.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-19, 09:32 AM  
mena

Thu 8/15 - The Firm - Prime Powers Fat Burning

Kay - You're not only back, Kay (hooray!), but you're back with a vengeance--reporting in on some serious home project work! I think you and your DH better eat your Wheaties before moving 800 pounds of solar panels up to the roof !
Old 08-15-19, 11:52 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Welcome back, Kay! I agree with Mena, you are back with a vengeance! This is when I'm glad we have neighbors!
Helen - good for you for holding that plank!
Waves to Mena & Cleda!

I haven't had any dizzy spells since Tuesday, but I'm still not quite right. I made an appointment with my dr. for tomorrow just to be sure. I've also been taking it fairly easy and hydrating like crazy.
8/14 - a 30 minute fast walk with Leslie and a very short dog walk due to rain.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-19, 08:10 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Lili, I'm glad you're getting checked out!

mena, guess I didn't eat enough Wheaties. I've been exhausted today. Today was quilting & our new minister came for lunch & to see what we do. We didn't get a lot of sewing done, but had great conversations.

Went home & took a nap. Usual knee exercises & that is it!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-19, 10:12 AM  
mena

Fri 8/16 - KCM - Your Best Body (Core & Yoga Premix)

I spent 10 minutes staring at my collection trying to make a decision. I hate when that happens.

Lili - I'm glad you haven't had anymore dizzy spells but I wish you felt totally fine. Hopefully, the doctor can help.

Kay - That sounds nice that your minister was so interested that he/she wanted to see what your quilting group does.

Happy Friday to Everyone!
Old 08-16-19, 01:39 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Started to reply this a.m.

But got side tracked when Nancy was ready to ride.

I love having a riding buddy on Peloton. I wanted to get in a ride after work last night, but knew I'd come home and as usual, be exhausted, sit down and that would be it. BUT ... she was wanting to do a ride too ... So I said, "Let's do one together." Now, it may be virtual and there's a 3 hour time difference between us! But it worked. We high fived each other and encouraged each other and got a great ride in. Again, this morning, same thing. That's what I"m talkin' about!

Ok, so where was I? (Side tracked again!)

8/13/2019: Changed it up a bit: KCM Lean Circuit workout #1 and CDE (Peloton) Dead Bug ab workout. Meaning I was in dead bug position, not that there were dead bugs around my abs.

Well, I truly felt the Lean Circuits and was just being lazy, so:

8/14/2019: REST DAY

8/15/2019: 20 minute Tabata ride before work Plus 45 minute 90s rock ride with CDE (Peloton) and Nancy after work

8/16/2019: 45 minute Denis Rock Ride (Peloton) with Nancy followed by Jen Sherman's singalong ride (60 mins. for a cool down) plus CDE's 10 minute stretch

I'm toast. And now I have all my errands and stuff to do. OY ...

Kay: CRAZY about the solar panels. Am I remembering right that it's 800 lbs worth??? Good grief. Some day, I hope to be half as ambitious as you are. (even if it might not be what you want to do.)

Lili: That's how they get you .... You forget to cancel and BAM! you have another month. I HATE THAT ... grrrrrrrrrrr I still have to be really careful, as I get bouts of vertigo and I can feel it trying to come back. It is awful. and miserable and horrible and and and ... but there's worse crosses in life to bear, so I adjust. Hope you find out what yours is from.

Mena: Kay is right - this meeting up with people from the internet is nothing new for me. lol. That's how I came to know all the wonderful workout buddies and ww buddies I have on the internet. I usually go by my gut feeling and it's usually right! We actually do have a "safe place" at our local police station where we can go to do transactions from Craigs list, etc. I haven't heard much talk of it in recent years though. I have purchased cars via craigs list and that turned out ok also!

Helen:
You go girl on the planks. Show 'em what we home exercisers can do. And endurance is my thing. Slow and steady.

More later (maybe)

I have to get busy.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote