Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-19, 03:09 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, Cindy has at least lost some weight! Unlike the rest of us! Maybe I should go on a dispensed dog food diet, too.

Hubby called in sick yesterday and spent the day moping around the house, so I didn't get a chance to exercise. But today I did Results 10 Days Lower Body. This can always get me off the couch.

I checked the weather, we are supposed to get a cold front. cold is relative around here so highs will be in the high 80s not the high 90s, and its supposed to rain 8 out of the next 10 days.

Cindy keeps barking at something outside across the street, I keep going to the window expecting a delivery truck but I don't see anything worth barking over. She looks at me like "Its a crisis! do something!!" she's been barking off and on for about 20 min and I still don't know what the crisis is.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-19, 06:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 40 minute walk in the morning and that was it. It's been very muggy here and I just lost motivation as the day went on. I'm leaving soon for Atlantic City with a couple of friends. We'll be staying overnight so probably no working out today and tomorrow besides some walking on the boardwalk I would guess.

PENGUIN, nice workout. And congrats to Cindy on losing weight. Did you ever figure out what was distressing her outside?

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-19, 02:21 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I still have no idea. Could have been a squirrel, leaf or kids walking home from school, anything really. silly dog.

Today I did the other half of Results 10 Days the UB section. I expected to be stronger from all the MR workouts but I picked up my 8's for biceps and thought 'these feel very heavy!"

I have a routine eye appointment tomorrow so probably no workout.

Old 08-24-19, 10:29 PM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Another busy week. Only got in 2+ workouts.

Monday I did the LM Dance Like Nina w/o. I was proud of myself because I got a work phone call about 15 mins in that I HAD to take that took about 20 mins and I was tempted to just quit my after we hung up, but I ended up pressing play again and finishing up the workout, and even repeating some of it.

Tuesday I did 11 mins of the same workout.

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, no workout, mostly because of work. Thursday was an INSANELY stressful work day.

Today I took a 57 min (slow) walk with 2 friends (from the Italy crew). We only covered 2 miles in 57 mins. It was with my friend who has the slowish dog. We only had to stop twice so that the dog could rest today. Not exactly a hardcore workout, but at least I got in some movement.

SB - I didn't realize that y'all had put off your mother's funeral. It had to have been challenging to have to wait an extra week. I'm glad that it was a lovely service/tribute to your mom. {{{Hugs}}} to you and your family again. I hope that you enjoy Atlantic City!

Penguin - Glad you were able to finish up the Results workout. Hope everything went well with the eye appointment.

Waves to All!
Old 08-25-19, 08:42 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

We did do some boardwalk walking on Thursday and Friday. It's so lovely walking by the ocean. I think I would eventually like to retire down by the ocean in a few years. Yesterday I did a 40 minute walk in the morning and then I had work later in the day. The weather has cooled down nicely.
The humidity is gone for now. Long may it stay this way. I have a double shift today so no workout.

PENGUIN, nice job with the Results workout. I would have thought MR would have made you stronger.

CAMBET, nice job fitting in a few workouts with your crazy busy schedule. The walk sounds nice. My sister said they would come back during their vacation for the funeral. They were about 2 hours away down the shore but we decided it would be easier to just wait a week. We had a lot of fun at Atlantic City. I won a $250 jackpot on one of the penny slots so at least I had their money to play with .

Old 08-27-19, 09:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 42 minute walk in the park in the morning. Lovely cool breezy day. I keep intending to add on some weights or pilates but I lose motivation as the day goes on. Maybe I should do the dvd in the morning and add the walk on later. I did receive KCM's new workouts yesterday so maybe I'll try one out this morning.

Old 08-27-19, 03:35 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Yesterday I did Firm's Cardio Dance Express. I enjoyed this one but felt they could have broken down some of the swing moves a bit more.

Today I did Amy Bento's All Pump Extreme ~ UB Timesaver which was still 40 Min. I thought the premix was a bit choppy and while she would tell us what weight she was using it wasn't until she actually started the exercise did we know what we were going to do. Oh, yes, and the infamous blue barn doors!

Cambet, the Dr seemed happy with me and I have to go back in 4 months not the usual 3. Is it too much to hope that I'll make it to 6 between appointments? your walk with friends sounds lovely.

SB, I hope you enjoyed your trip. Please do share what the new Kelly's are like.

Old 08-27-19, 04:51 PM  
Tammie M

Hi everyone! Here are my latest workouts. I think I had a case of sciatica last week that effected my left hip and lower back. I pulled out my yin yoga book and did 4 nightly hour sessions. I think it helped because I only had 2 nights were I had to use ibuprofen or alieve to sleep. I bought a new 10 minute solution dvd, Butt Lift. Wow! These workouts were much more intense than my other 10 minute solution workouts. I chose play all and it was a 60 minute workout. My heart rate was elevated within a couple of minutes of starting and stayed elevated throughout all of the workouts. There were several high impact moves in them.

Tuesday (8/20) - Kayoga Beginner's Yoga
Wednesday (8/21) - Janice Saffell Brand New Butt and More
Thursday (8/22) - Petra Kolber 10 Minute Solution: Dance Off Belly Fat! + Classical Stretch Season 4 - 420
Friday (8/23) - Suzanne Bowen 10 Minute Solution: Slim & Sculpt Pilates + Classical Stretch Season 4 - 405
Saturday (8/24) - Christi Taylor Totally Cool Step + Classical Stretch Season 4 - 414
Sunday (8/25) - Christine Bullock 10 Minute Solution: Butt Lift - all
Monday (8/26) - KCM 30 MTF Strong and Lean - Intervals Premix
Tuesday (8/27) - Christi Taylor Totally Cool Step - Bonus W/U, Bonus Cardio & Bonus Abs + Rodney Yee Yoga: Core Cross Train- Strength + Classical Stretch Season 4 - 423

SB, good job with your walking. Your walks by the ocean sound wonderful. I know we almost always have a breeze on the coast. I received my KCM dvds also. I did the Strong and Lean one yesterday. I liked the premix that combined the workouts. It was 55 minutes. I liked using the resistance band during the weight sections. It was mostly low impact. I will probably do the other one on Friday.

Penguin, good job with your workouts. You have a nice balance of cardio and weights in your rotations.

Cambet, I am glad you have been able to get in some workouts during your busy schedule. Hopefully things will stabilize for you. I usually plan 6 or 7 day rotations so I completed the VHS one. I think I may try to plan one every two months.

Waves to all!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-19, 07:49 AM  
cambet

Hi, Ladies,

No workouts to report. As if it wasn't before (and it was) work for the new semester is in full swing. Yesterday was our departmental retreat (from 9-1), and so I officially began my role as department chair (though I had already been doing a lot of the work over the summer). I organized the whole retreat and was so glad that it went really well. I started doing work stuff yesterday at 7:00 am, and did not get home from work until 7:00 pm (I stayed for the back-to-school picnic) and then one of my coworkers called about a problem she was having and then I told her about a work problem that I had been dealing with and we ended up talking for 2 hours. So work consumed my whole day yesterday.

BUT it did occur to me also that exercise-wise, I'm probably not going to be able to eek out 40 minute workouts for the next while, so I should probably plan to switch to 20 min workouts if I have any realistic chance of getting them done. So, I'm working on thinking about that.

SB - Walking by the ocean sounds lovely. And cool news about winning the $250 jackpot. Ca-ching! The one and only time that I went to Atlantic City, not only did I lose whatever money that I had set aside for the slot machines, but my friend, who won a bit while we were there, shared some of her winnings with me and I lost that too! It probably totaled no more than $40 or 50 bucks, but it just didn't seem to be my day that day. I'm enjoying the cooler, breezier days. Hope you're able to continue to enjoy your walks in that weather for a while. Sometimes it's so hard to fit other things in.

Penguin - Yay on the eye appointment news! Haven't done the Firm Cardio Dance Express in a while, but I think that I enjoyed that one.

Tammie - Great job with your workouts, as always! Still such a nice variety. Back in the day I was obsessed with Totally Cool Step! I hope that your sciatica situation clears up soon. I had not heard of the 10 Min Solution Butt Lift. I'll have to go check out a clip!

Waves to All!
Old 08-28-19, 08:32 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did the weight work from KCM's new Strong & Lean in the morning and I did a 39 minute walk in the afternoon. I liked the KCM routine a lot.
She does 3 exercises for each body part, one with a barbell, one with dumbbells and one with tubing. I don't have a barbell so I did the first 2 sets with dumbbells. This made it not as repetitious as some KCM workouts for me.
It got my heartrate up there since I haven't been doing much weight work this summer and I have some nice mild doms today in biceps and inner thighs. I'm meeting some friends for lunch so not sure what I'll be doing today. Maybe some pilates this morning and a walk later.

PENGUIN, very nice workouts. I did like the one KCM routine I did so far on the dvd, see above.

TAMMIE, very nice workouts. It's funny you had some 10 Minute Solution dvds in your week. I was just recently thinking about breaking some of the pilates ones out to fit more pilates into my routine. I do have that Butt Lift one somewhere but I don't think I ever used it. I hope your sciatica issue is cleared up. Not fun.

CAMBET, wow you're so busy and I'm sure being department chair won't give you any down time. I think planning for 20 minute workouts is a solid plan.
Maybe even 10 minutes, like using various 10 Minute Solution dvds. You can start with 10 minutes and then add on if time and energy permit.

Have a great day everyone!!