Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-08-19, 03:29 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Today I did two more MR Unplugged 2011 and 2012. In the first workout she sat in the chair but the second was mostly standing in a lovely park.

Datenight tonight, we are trying to think of somewhere else to go besides the grocery store. It rained all day but its drying out for tonight but will start again tomorrow. Mom told me its supposed to be very hot for the next few days. Yuck.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-19, 09:25 PM  
Tammie M

Hi everyone! Here are my workouts for the month. I think I am going to do a VHS rotation next. We had a little scare about FIL this week. I was worried that he might have pnuemonia. He had sudden confusion and fatigue. He fell and could not get up. A neighbor had to help him. He was also running a little fever and had a headache. Plus he had a cough. He went to the doctor was diagnosed with severe dehydration. He started drinking more water and is doing better now. The doctor said the cough was probably African dust. I didn't know we had problems with that now. My allergies have been acting up so I guess that is what is causing that.

Thursday (8/1) - Cathe IMAX 3 -Premix #4 (Intervals 6-10) + Classical Stretch Season 4 - 421
Friday (8/2) - Exhale Core Fusion 30 Day Sculpt: Week 2, Day 6 + Metamorphosis by Tracy: Omnicentric Transform 3: Day 61-70 + Classical Stretch Season 4 - 412
Saturday (8/3) - Chris Freytag Prevention Walk Yourself Fit: Body Shaping Workout + Meaghan Kennedy Townsend Element Targeted Toning Yoga: Abs & Core + Classical Stretch Season 4 - 403
Sunday (8/4) - Suzanne Bowen 10 Minute Solution: Pilates Perfect Body + Classical Stretch Season 4 - 404
Monday (8/5) - Cathe IMAX 3 -Premix #3 (Intervals 1-5) + Classical Stretch Season 4 - 422
Tuesday (8/6) - The Firm Tough Tape 2 + The Firm 5 Day Abs - Day 3
Wednesday (8/7) - Petra Kolber Cardio Interval Training - main workout & bonus with Baron Baptiste + Classical Stretch Season 4 - 413
Thursday (8/8) - Exhale Core Fusion 30 Day Sculpt: Week 2, Day 7 + Metamorphosis by Tracy: Omnicentric Transform 3: Day 71-80 + Classical Stretch Season 4 - 405

SB, I am sorry to hear about your mom! {{{HUGS}}}. I know it is very hard to lose a parent and you will really miss her dearly. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I will pray that you can find some peace throughout this. I like the Classical Stretch as add-ons so I like the short length. I know many VFers don't like Season 4 but I found it for about $19 and thought I would try it. I am using it more for recovery than for working out. I am thinking about ordering either Season 6 or Season 7. Do you have either of these?

Penguin, good job with the MR, Mindy and Leslie workouts. I find Mindy's gliding workouts are pretty exhausting. I hope you enjoy your date night.

Cambet, welcome back from your trip! I am glad you enjoyed it. I am glad you are enjoying the LM BodyJam Dance workouts. I have never tried his but dance workouts are usually so much fun.

Waves to all!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-19, 08:10 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I finally did a 43 minute walk in the park in the morning. It was very pleasant at that time, almost cool. I will try to either walk or do a dvd at some point today.

PENGUIN, thank you for your kind words. I hope date night went well.
I'm sorry you're not enjoying MR as much as you had hoped. I have to be in a certain mood for her workouts but when I am, I like them.

TAMMIE, thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I'm glad you're FIL is improving with more hydration. That sounds like a scary scenario for him.
Great workouts so far this month! I do have CS Seasons 6 and 7 but I haven't used them much if at all. I don't do a lot of CS so I can't distinguish between the seasons like some more experienced folks can .

CAMBET, welcome back. Nice LM workouts. I guess you'll be back in the work mode soon.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-19, 05:01 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So date night last night was pretty painful for both of us. I had just done a MR and Hubby had to do a lot of new, weird maintenance jobs at work so we were both stiff and walking funny. The good thing about the MR workouts is that she has me working muscles that I don't usually work with other instructors but the number of reps I'm doing is just not something I'm used to, I did about 60 to 80 each yesterday, although I feel surprisingly un sore today. However, its been a while since I've had a rest week so next week is going to be all cardio. I'm not sure when I started using the term rest week to denote all cardio but there it is. I suspect next week may be harder than I think. Also my sister from FL is visiting my parents next week and they'll be coming by etc.

Today's workout was the other 3 miles from Leslie's 5Mile Advanced walk. I checked out the other premixes which each include the two fast miles followed by the 'gadget' mile. I'll be sure to check those out soon. I'm trying to bump up my cardio to 45+minutes so am looking for longer workouts.

SB, glad to see you back. I hope the weather co operates with your walking schedule. Its still raining off and on here. Mom is mad because Sis is coming to visit and she doesn't want it to rain.

Tammie, glad to hear your FIL is doing better and it was an easy fix. That was a big list of symptoms. Never heard of African dust. Interesting.

Have a restful weekend.

Old 08-10-19, 07:15 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 33 minute walk after dinner with DD. I am hoping to walk again today and I do need to add on some weights or pilates again soon.
I have work later this afternoon.

PENGUIN, nice job with the Leslie workout. 45 minutes minimum is a good cardio goal. Sorry date night was so painful but hopefully all those MR reps are getting you stronger. Enjoy your "rest" week and visiting with your sister.

Old 08-11-19, 07:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 46 minute walk in the park with DS in the morning. Then I did the pretzel core toner from CF Lean & Toned. I started Jessica's Add on Abs from WS3 but I wasn't feeling it so I bailed after 5 minutes. Not sure what I'll do today if anything. I have work this afternoon.

Old 08-12-19, 07:00 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 46 minute walk with my DS in the morning before work. I am planning on a walk and hopefully more today.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 08-12-19, 11:40 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

SB- My condolences to you and your family on the passing of your mother. {{{Big hugs, too.}}} I know that watching your mother decline has been hard, so I hope it brings you some peace to know that she is at peace now. I'll definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to have been MIA. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I didn't feel like working out the last few days. Actually, what I should say is that I put off working out until late in the day, and by then I felt too tired to actually do anything. I did that LM Body Jam Dance Like Nina w/o on Thursday in full workout gear (in tennis shoes and on my cardio mat) and got a really good workout/calorie burn. I had planned to do it on Friday and Saturday, but didn't feel like it. To be honest, I've had to work so much, even when I was in Canada and certainly since I've been back, that it doesn't feel like much of a summer break. The outgoing chair has been away without access to email, so I've had to deal with ALL of the departmental issues (and there have been a lot of them). I get up each morning with a plan for the day, and then I sit down and start answering email in the morning and the next thing I know it's 1:00 or 2:00 pm and my plan for the day is out the window. It's just been too much and I'm very annoyed that work and email have been relentless, and the semester hasn't even begun. AND I don't receive compensation for all of this extra, necessary work. Next year, as chair, I'm going to make it clear/demand that I need to be compensated for all of this extra summer work. Uuugghh (sorry to vent, but it's so frustrating. I have other things that I would like to do other that sitting and answering email for hours on end each day)!

And to make matters worse last week, one of my great aunts in town passed away, so my parents and sister were here over the weekend for the funeral. I love them all, but it was a stressful visit (and the fact that I was already stressed because work last week was insane didn't help).

On a positive note, I decided to give up candy for two weeks (it's been a crutch this summer), and by giving that up and getting my eating under control this week (which I made a concerted effort to do), I lost 5 lbs this week. Some of that was also from the fact that I was no longer eating too much in Canada, but still, I'm happy with the results. I'm hoping to get back on the work out wagon this week.

SB - Great job with your walks, as always!

Penguin - Now I've even more curious about MR! I hope that you recover from feeling sore quickly! I hope you enjoy your cardio "rest" week and your visit with your sister!

Tammie - Great job with your workouts! I still marvel at your variety! I have some CS DVDs, but I have't done any of them in quite a while. Maybe I should consider something like that for when school starts back. I'm glad to hear that your FIL is doing better. I've never heard of African dust either.

Waves to All!
Old 08-12-19, 10:49 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Cambet, I'm sorry for the loss of your aunt, happy for the family visit even if it added to your stress. Great job on giving up candy {I need to do the same} and the weight loss!

SB, I was walking funny Friday also but by Saturday I was better. I'm trying to sew myself a new purse, which involves crawling around on the floor cutting up fabric and I made a muscle in my leg mad! I can't seem to win here! Good job on being so consisitant with your walks.

Its gotten hot again here, feels likes' in the 112*. My sister is here so we are eating out a lot! My summer break is coming to an end with my Bible studies set to resume next week and then a few weeks later, followed by Knitting in September. Yay.

I didn't exercise today. I took a nap instead.

Old 08-13-19, 08:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did Callanetics Countdown Level 1 and then a 48 minute walk in the park with DS. Maybe I should have walked before the Callanetics because my legs were definitely pre-fatigued. Not sure if I'll walk today because it's very muggy and they're expecting rain but I will try to keep going with the Callanetics.

CAMBET, thank you for your thoughts, prayers and hugs. I appreciate it.
I am sorry for the loss of your great-aunt and all the uncompensated work you've been doing . Congrats on the weight loss tho! Way to go. I definitely need to get my diet back in check asap.

PENGUIN, nice job with the nap. Sometimes that's just what we need. Enjoy your time with your sister this week. The purse sounds like a fun project.
I wish I had that talent. And I guess summer is definitely winding down as your Bible Study and knitting groups are commencing again soon. Good for you.