Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-19, 02:10 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Friends in Fitness ~ August 2019

Newcomers welcome!! Join us!!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-19, 02:21 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Tammie, Neither Hubby nor I are fans of the pleather, but I know what you mean. Its usually dark brown or black which just sucks the light out of the whole place. At least the new ones have better lighting than ours. Our rig is a 2007, we bought it used and other than the water damage this is the first major problem {okay, there was the axle that had to be replaced but that was a bearing issue}, so I guess we can't complain too much.

Nora, glad to see you. Poor Cindy doesn't get a lot of walks but she does get a lot of Frisbee!

Hubby surprised me {I hate surprises!} by telling me last night that he had today and Friday off from work. My parents are coming over tomorrow so Dad can help Hubby with the camper wall. Apparently, its going to take a few people to get it in. Mom and I opted out

Today I did MR's High Voltage. I liked this one the best so far. I skipped a few repeat sections and managed to add in abs while they were doing Bridge. I have a season of Unplugged left to try, I think 2000?

Old 08-02-19, 09:06 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Wednesday I did a 46 minute walk in the park with DS before the rainy weather arrived. Yesterday was zilch. I got a call at 4 am yesterday that they were taking my mom to the ER because she was in distress and not breathing well.
So I spent most of yesterday in the hospital. My mom has pneumonia and sepsis and it's a pretty grave situation. I'll be going soon to see how things are going today. Unfortunately things aren't looking too well and my sister and I will have some decisions to make soon .

PENGUIN, thanks for starting us off this month!! Nice job with your workouts.
I like reading about your MR workouts. She definitely works you good.

TAMMIE, nice workouts to close out the month. Are you enjoying CS?

NORA, good to see you popping in. Seems like things are going well at the cottage.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-19, 03:28 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I will be praying for your family and any decisions you guys have to make.

No workout yesterday. We had errands to run and time got away from me.

So today I did Mindy's Gliding Cardio Crazy ~ Dance section. This was pretty fun, I have discs somewhere but opted to just do the moves on the rug. I still have two more sections to try so left it out for next week.

hope the rest of you have a great weekend.

Old 08-05-19, 07:44 AM  
cambet

Hi, Ladies,

I'm just popping in to say hello. We got back from Canada at midnight on Wednesday night/Thursday morning, and Thursday and Friday I had two intense days at work holding back to back to back interviews for an administrative assistant position that we are hoping to fill this week. I used the weekend to recover from the trip and work.

Canada (Montreal, Quebec City, Magog and some other towns in the Eastern Townships) was great! I'll post more later.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone! I need to catch up on posts to see what everyone has been up to.
Old 08-05-19, 02:28 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Cambet, glad to hear you are back and had a great time.

Today I did miles 1 and 2 from Leslie's 5 Mile Advanced walk. This workout has premixes but the only was to skip around and do the miles you want is to start a workout and skip the miles you don't want. I much prefer the other mix and match workouts. Mile 1 used handweights while 2 was a 'fast mile with jogging bursts'

Old 08-06-19, 02:35 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Today I did MR 2009 and 2010. I skipped a few exercises and added a few while I was waiting around, which ended in a 45min workout. I think I get impatient with the comparatively slow pace, not to mention the pep talks and explanations. I just want to get started and get this over with already, but around as soon as she started the UB I got more 'into' the workout.

Hope you guys are doing well

Old 08-07-19, 06:54 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Monday - LM BodyJam Dance Like Nina Workout from YouTube (40 mins)

Tuesday - LM BodyJam Dance Like Nina Workout from YouTube

This BodyJam routine is so much fun! When I first started it seemed very complicated, but I learned it bit by bit and right now it is my go-to fun cardio. We walked A LOT in Canada, so my cardio capacity got worked while I was away, but this BodyJam routine is helping me to ease back into my home workouts, and helped me make it to 10,000 steps on Monday and Tuesday.

Work has been keeping me super busy, but I hope to catch up here soon.

Penguin - Great job with MR. I'm glad that you ended up making it work for you. I'm still hoping to get on the MR bandwagon one of these days.

Waves to All!
Old 08-07-19, 09:06 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

No workouts to report but I just wanted to stop in and let you know my mom has passed. It was a difficult week but she is at peace now. Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers. Hopefully I'll be back to working out and checking in soon.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-19, 03:02 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Cambet, it sounds like your workouts are working for you and seems like they are a lot more interesting than I'm finding MR.

SB, I'm so sorry for your loss, but as you said your Mom isn't struggling anymore. That's a comfort for us left behind.

Hubby likes to order his car parts online since they are usually a lot cheaper. Cindy usually barks her fool head off even before I hear a knock. I saw a youngish woman, smaller than me, standing at the door so I opened the wooden door and she pointed to a box. I can never communicate with the drivers much because of all the barking, but I heard her say it was heavy. I look down and see a 2x3 box. So I smile and thank her as she heads back to the truck. I want to get it off the porch before someone steals it, and if she could carry it how bad can it be. Like a good VFer I squat to pick up the box. I'm about halfway up when I realize the weight is shifting. Ooops. I'm not hurt but my back isn't happy either. The driver was a lot stronger than she looked if she carried it to the house from the truck! So Hubby gets home, tears the box apart and pulls the two heavy springs out and carries them to the office. I wish I'd thought of that!!!!!

So I almost used the above as an excuse not to exercise but I did the other half of Mindy's Gliding workout. If you hit 'play all' there doesn't seem to be a break between the WU and the Dance section, so I stopped it when I realized and moved on. Interval was nice. I was worried that I wouldn't like Step but she used the step more as a guide.