Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-19, 02:45 PM  
Margot

Hello all!

Today:
- Jessica Smith - Poise & Grace using light weights along with some balance work. One of those workouts that appear easy at first but sneak up on you.
- PA John Garey - a nice short practice, packed with plenty of moves.
- Travis Yin Bliss from his new release.

Pat and Cyana - I love my pendulum. I carry it with me all the time. It's certainly saved me a lot of money when buying cosmetics, as I'm sensitive to so many things. It's interesting that you trained in Touch for Health Cyana. I bought their book many years ago and still have it here somewhere. I guess the muscle testing for allergies I'm trained in, has its roots in TFH.

Jackie - Enjoy your day at the races.

Sherry - Hope your back is feeling better.

Donna - Hope you're making progress with sorting out your mom's situation.

Pam - Just to say if you run into any problems while here in the UK, I'm here to help.

Have a great day everyone, whatever you're doing.
Old 08-07-19, 07:40 PM  
cyana

Today:
N.O. dumps x 1
Slow Flow Yoga Class

I decided to go back for more of the hair of the dog that bit me, so to speak, and we did a bunch more hip work in yoga class tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to walk tomorrow.

Pat - My instructor is really good with modifications and assists. The torso lift is good for people who are new to bridge or aren't able to shift the weight onto the tops of their shoulders and sag while in the pose. I like your idea of having the strap tethered to the ceiling!

Margot - Here's a link to Healing Touch Program: https://www.healingtouchprogram.com/...-healing-touch . I took three levels (out of 5). It is similar to Reiki in some ways. I had some really incredible experiences during the training.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-19, 07:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Quick check in, I had a tiring and grumpy day yesterday and only got to my PT/Yoga.

Cyana - I didn't know you were trained in Healing Touch therapy. I had toyed with volunteering Reiki at the local hospital but they only utilize HTP volunteers. Maybe when I retire.

Margot I love your traveling pendulum. I should employ mine to pick lottery tickets.

Everyone have a healthy and happy day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-19, 01:52 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

There is a gothic mansion quite close to us that has lakes and miles of steep wooded trails in the grounds, so as it was warm and sunny, DH and I packed a picnic lunch (in the company of ducks and huge blue dragonflys) and afterwards walked about 2 hours before our legs gave up!

I also did:
- BFTV2 Intuition
- Qigong Daisy Lee - 6 Tibetan Sounds

Cyana - Thanks for the link. I'm hoping to do some Reiki training later in the year, which I'm really excited about. Hope your hips aren't complaining too much today.

Pat - re. lottery tickets. Hope you're feeling more upbeat today.

We have some terrible weather coming in for the next couple of days - lots of rain and high winds. I hope it's not going to be so bad where Pam is staying.

Waves to all!
Old 08-08-19, 02:37 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I'm super tired today. Just kind of worn out. I keep thinking I'll go do some Barre3 or maybe a short yoga but here I sit.

I teach a class tonight.

Hoping I muster out of this funk.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-19, 06:54 PM  
cyana

Today:
7 Minutes AM Extended - Lee Holden
YT - 7 Minute Belly Fat Work-out - Lucy Wyndham-Read

Here's the link to the YT work-out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M9JZV7ePLs This was the first time I tried one of Lucy's YT videos and really enjoyed the quick, get in and get out duration (thanks for mentioning her, Pat). She did two levels for each time interval. I did most of the more difficult options. I'll definitely check out more of her videos, including some of the longer ones. I could've also repeated today's video for a longer work-out.

Margot - Your picnic lunch, walk and visit to the Gothic mansion sounds absolutely divine. Hopefully the weather won't be too bad.

Pat - I was rather put out with my third level training, as the instructor announced that the HT people split and she had decided to become part of the splinter group, so while I did the same training, my 3rd level certificate isn't from the main organization. If I ever decide to pick it back up, I'll have to redo that level in addition to levels 4 and 5. That's great your local hospital is offering HT to their patients. It's good work.

Jackie - Maybe you need a day or two to chill out and recharge your batteries since you've been crazy busy the past couple of weeks.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-19, 08:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and TGIF! Yesterday featured:

~ AM premix from RaviAna AM/PM, plus the gong relaxation, aaah
~ Winsor Power Sculpt Abs
~ PT and stretch

PT is getting to be a real drag. My therapist didn't book me at the facility all this week and therefore motivation is lacking.

Cyana - that's awful about the split and your ending up without certification from the main company! I have a friend who retired and made HT her primary cottage industry. I've always been curious what the differences are. I'm glad you liked Lucy - get 'r done and she's so cute in her cat suit.

Jackie, sending some energy your way! I bet you're zapped out from being sick.

Oh Margot your walk at the Gothic mansion with all your friends sounds glorious. Best wishes with your weather, stay safe and keep your power on.

Hope Pam's travels are going well.

Hello to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-19, 01:46 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Today, I had a fascia treatment, so always take it easy afterwards. This evening, I did:
- Pilates Anytime - Phillip Beach mat workout. Basically, functional fitness; getting up and down off the floor, moving around on the floor to ease up the hips and groin and a lovely variation on a standing hamstring stretch.
- Gaia - Tender Heart (14 min Hatha)

Jackie - Travelling is so tiring even without a cold. When I get back home from vacation, I always feel like I need another one once I've unpacked and done all the laundry! Hope you're feeling better today.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 08-09-19, 05:19 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I did end up doing some little workouts. I walked the dog, did Amanda's Express Posture workout on ETV, and a short Barre3 10 minute workout.

Running around here...I had to help a friend whose daughter is in the hospital with complications from mono. I feel bad for both my friend and her daughter. Miserable.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-19, 05:58 PM  
laurajhawk

Hello, yoga cross trainers!

I'm wondering whether I could try joining your check-in. I'm not always the best checker-inner, and haven't been in any VF check-in lately, but I'm trying to change my relationship with social media, and I think VF check-ins are a lot healthier than Facebook and Twitter! I think this might be the best check-in for me because yoga is the constant in my workout routine. I do more live classes than yoga DVDs these days (and I also teach a bit), but I've lurked through this check-in enough to know that I'm not alone in that.

Right now, in addition to yoga, I'm doing (approximately) alternating weeks of LIIFT4 and Gilad. This week, I was out cabin camping until Tuesday (took a mat but only practiced on Sunday), did Gilad Total Body Sculpt episodes on Weds and Thurs, vinyasa 2 class with my favorite teacher last night (hips and legs, tough but yummy), and this morning I did the New Nerves premix from RaviAna's Body Electric.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote