Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-06-19, 06:55 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Working through this cold, yesterday I did work out. I spent some time with Gail and her prechoreographed workout for instructors, did a 10 minute barre3 workout and walked the dog with dh. I feel better, just some residual muscle soreness and annoying sore throat.

Donna I am wondering too, like Pat, if someone from social services could help you with your mom. I am sorry for the stress.

I need to get ds3 to driver's ed and do a workout this morning...busy day. I have a class at the library to participate in with dd, and it's ds2's 20th bday so we're taking him out tonight. He's 20...my world traveler.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-19, 07:38 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I was rather productive yesterday:

~ My own meditation with an amethyst pendulum
~ Holden's Qigong for Healthy Bones
~ Fonda's Prime Time Walkout Level 1
~ RaviAna Transformer

I really "got it" with Lee's qigong for bones this time. The prior times it was just ho hum, standing here imagining things. Meditating beforehand seems to open the mind to fully accept this style of medical qigong.

Jackie - that was Meg in one of your photos on Instagram, no? She's my fave Essentrics leader. I hope you feel better today.

Margot, I hope your pizza turned out well. Mmmmm. Nice workouts, I'll have to try that third eye "snack," sounds fun.

Everyone - have a healthy and fit day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-19, 08:03 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post

Jackie - that was Meg in one of your photos on Instagram, no? She's my fave Essentrics leader. I hope you feel better today.
Yes...that's Meg! I actually met her twice last week. She is very fun with a big smile and sense of humor. She is also the tiniest of tiny. She looks so buff in her videos but she is probably shorter and much, much smaller than me.

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 08-06-19, 10:36 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Popping in to say hello!

Yesterday’s workouts:
~CS 1026 Foot Flexibility & Strength - Miranda moves very fast in this one, the method sure has changed.
~Ellen’s Strengthen Lengthen & Breathe - I like this one, reminds me of her Studio Series. It was more challenging than I expected as her other streaming workouts have been quite gentle. I modified the flowing dancer lunges by holding a yoga block in each hand, made it more knee friendly.
~6 km walk
~Yin yoga on on my own...forward bends, chest & hip openers

Today is DS2’s birthday, having a family bbq tonight. We leave for the UK tomorrow, lots of prep for both today. Not sure if I’ll get a workout in...ttyl!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-19, 11:09 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I see that Pat, Jackie, and I all have Aug 6 birthday boys! Happy birthday to all & have fun celebrating!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-19, 01:54 PM  
Twigs

Hello everyone!

I feel tired today, so chose some easy workouts:
- Ellen 7-day Feel good fusion
- Two short tutorials on Pilates Anytime: Balancing the Hip Flexors and Aston Kinetics
- MFML Spirit Warming: Settling the Spirit

Happy Birthday to all the birthday boys. Hope you all have a great time tonight.

Pam - Safe travels. Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather is nice for you while you're here.

Jackie - It's funny how the camera lies! I would never have guessed Meg was so petite. Gail looks very tall on camera. I don't know if she is, in real life?

Pat - Your meditation sounds nice. I'm glad it helped with your qigong practice.

Waves to all!

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-19, 08:18 PM  
cyana

Today:
N.O. dumps x 3
Gentle Yoga class which was NOT easy - really got into the hips today (after doing 120 squats in the N.O. dumps!) While we were doing bridge, the instructor was coming around giving adjustments and with most people she did the typical strap under the upper torso lift but said I looked good and put the strap in the bend of my knees and applied some traction - it was a really nice assist. Lots of length from the knees to the shoulders.

Margot
- Yumm....pizza. I keep meaning to make some cauliflower pizza crusts and freeze them for quickie last minute meals. I try to avoid gluten, but if I'm ever going to splurge, it would be for a good slice of pizza.

Pam - Safe travels to you! Those massage sandals look interesting - I've always wanted to try on something like that.

Pat - Ooooohhhh....amethyst pendulum. That sounds intriguing. So were you swinging it or just meditating on the pendulum? I have several around here from when I did Healing Touch training many years ago. I'm glad you had a good practice with Lee. I find the more qi gong I do, the more benefits I feel. And after all that hip work today, qi gong just might be on tomorrow's menu!

Jackie - Hope you're continuing to feel better each day. Meg seems like she would be such a nice person from her video presence. Hope you got everything done today - sounds like you were going to be quite the busy bee!

Donna - Keeping you in my thoughts and hope you can access the right people to help you with your discharge planning for your mom (wherever she may need to go next and/or long-term). ((Hugs))

Sherry - I'm so sorry your back is bothering you - hope you're also feeling better.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-19, 08:18 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I'm feeling better, which is good because I'm teaching classes today.

Funny, Pam, Pat and I have August 6 birthday boys. We drove in to the Minneapolis metro to go for Indian food (ds2's favorite, mine too). DS2 hates sweets...so this was perfect.

Pat, yes, Meg is tiny. It is crazy how little she is. I met Sahra, too...and she is very petite.

Well I'm off to the races. Waves to all of you....have a great day.

Old 08-07-19, 09:24 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I feel pretty good about yesterday:

~ KCM's Build & Burn, Upper Body Circuits (yes finally kept my word)
~ PT - glute bridges with hip circle and on stability ball, side leg lifts with band, Pilates abs and yoga stretches.

I love that KCM workout and feel good about getting back on the wagon. I'm starting to feel like Margaret is a "lazy" workout even though she's making you cry.

Jackie - I noticed you, Pam and I have Aug. 6 boys! Leo boys can be a challenge but the adventure is worthwhile. I'm glad to hear you feel better. How interesting that Meg is so petite - she seems tall on the screen.

Pam, have a safe trip overseas!

Cyana - I don't recall seeing the strap under torso modification for bridge. If it were tethered to the ceiling to assist me, I would like that a lot. I just held the pendulum so that it was over the other palm and let myself be mesmerized when it decided to start moving.

Margot, I bet you are tired after working so hard on your course. Your workouts sound nice.

Good morning Sherry, hope you're feeling better, and Donna. Be well everyone.
Old 08-07-19, 09:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

oops