Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-03-19, 10:48 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Yesterday’s workouts:
~8 km city walk
~an hour of reclined leg stretches, hip openers, chest openers, & twists on my own

I’m still battling PF in my left foot.....using my yoga toes daily, wearing my Ofoos, a compression arch support, & Spence orthotic inserts in my sneakers. This too shall pass!

Pat - Not going to Ireland this trip, DS2 is spending a few days with us in the UK before returning to Limerick. We go to the south of France after for two weeks, another home exchange.

Back later with today’s workouts....

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-19, 12:50 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I meant to add that I’ve been wearing these acupressure slides around the house. They are magic, especially first thing in the morning. I bought them several years ago and haven’t really used them much until now.
https://www.maseur.com.au/maseur/sho...=en_AU#start=1

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 08-03-19, 03:24 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I'm back home. It's just as hot in MN as it was in Montreal. I'm exhausted.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-19, 04:49 PM  
cyana

Today - slow flow yoga class. We had four new people today, and that was nice to see since attendance has been down recently.

Will try to catch up tomorrow - need to get dinner pulled together.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-19, 09:09 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Back to post my workouts:
~Ellen’s Moving for Beauty - This was nice & gentle, just what I needed today. I’ve signed up for her streaming, will do a month or two.
~Slow Flow Yoga class - lovely & relaxing
~11 km walk

Cyana - We were on the same slow flow yoga wavelength today!

Jackie - You need some R&R time after Montreal. I remember LTT last year being full on all day, fun but exhausting.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 08-04-19, 07:06 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I'm a little sick with a cold. I didn't do anything yesterday. Might do something gentle today.

Yeah...that air travel. Sort of sets the stage for catching something. Add in stress, different food, lack of sleep.....

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 07:43 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics Strength in Motion: Full Body - this is a fave all standing w/o
~Jessica’s 20 Min Standing Pilates Fusion ABS - this is her new one that just went on YouTube a few days ago. I liked it, it’s very balance focused. Reminded me a bit of V-Core.
~11 km walk - probably not my best decision of late as my foot is sore. I walked in my sneakers & I think my foot is happier in my Ofoos.
~Yoga With Adriene: Yoga for the Feet - Can’t say this was fun, although I do enjoy Adriene, but it was just what I needed!

Hope you feel better soon Jackie!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 08-05-19, 06:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

The weekend was awful - my mom ended up in the ER (fast heart rate) and hospital. She is still at the hospital now...being treated for severe anemia. The worst part of all of this is that she pretty much brought this on herself by not taking care of herself. I am not looking forward to my day of making phone calls to track down doctors, nurses and caseworkers. Ugh.

Anyway - I am determined to keep up with my workouts -

Sunday - in spite of being in the ER until 1:00 a.m. I managed to do Trifecta Pilates - Pilates/Yoga Fusion. It was all floor work so good for a sleep deprived day.

Monday = Jessica's Toning walk from the 30 day set - this is the walk that uses weights and it was pretty good. I only used 3's but it is a start. Tonight I will tack on a short Pilates routine.

Jackie, Pam and Sherry - I hope you are all feeling better.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 08:03 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day! What a disgusting weekend. I was literally sick from the prolonged humidity. I dragged myself to the gym yesterday just for the coolness and to slowly pedal the recumbent bike while reading. I had a Gatorade there and it seemed to help. Thank heavens this morning it is dry and cool.

I tried the Yoga Ranger Hip Flexor Release practice that Margot recommended. It is yummy. I used my rectangular bolster in place of the blocks. Thank you Margot!

Pam - best wishes with your foot therapy.

Uck, sounds like the airplane germs got you Jackie. Feel better soon.

Oh, Donna, sending lots of {{HUGS}}. Best wishes working through all that you have to do. Is there a human services place in your area? There might be someone who can help you navigate. Ours was wonderful when we had to "take steps" with my Mom.

Good morning to one and all.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 01:51 PM  
Twigs

Hello everyone!

I've been working hard on my course the past few days and by evening cannot face any more typing. I've been getting my workouts in though and daily walks too, as the weather has been so nice.

Today was:
- BSS2 with Meg
- PA Kathryn Ross-Nash Wall Workout
- MFML Flow towards freedom: vibrant vitality
- YR 3rd eye yin yoga snack

Pat - Glad you liked Aprille's class. She has such a nice variety of workouts on YT. I really like her.

Donna - I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. It's good that you're taking some time to do things that 'nourish' you while you're having to deal with such a stressful situation. ((Hugs))

Sending healing thoughts to you all.

I've just made my own healthy version of a pizza for DH for dinner. I'd better go and rescue it from the oven, before it's charred!

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote