Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-19, 09:12 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

August 2019 Yoga Cross Trainers: Breathe the sweetness that hovers in August...

“Breathe the sweetness that hovers in August.”
~Denise Levertov

A warm mid summer welcome to all!

If you’d like more yoga in your life, you’re in the right place! Whether yoga is your first love or a welcome addition to your other workouts, feel free to roll out your mat & join us. Many of us also enjoy meditation and Qi Gong.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-19, 06:30 AM  
donnamp

Thanks for starting the new thread, Pam

Today I did a few from CocoLime - 5 min warm-up, 10 min hip hop dance and 10 min easy dance.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-19, 07:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Thank you for the welcome to August, Pam.

Yesterday featured:

~ Yoga/PT
~ Margaret Richard Good N Strong workout 20-B (abs, hamstrings, glutes, quads). I used my new hip circle for the butt tucks and made myself raise higher. Wowie.

I didn't do too bad with my July goals despite being pre-empted by a PT focus. For August I'm cutting back on Maggie and added more gym slots where I can do some of the PT. I really want to do more formal yoga, especially KY.

Happy day everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-19, 01:53 PM  
Margot

Thank you for starting us off Pam. I love the summer.

Today was:
- Fuse Dance Cardio Melt Total Toned Body with Tracey Mallett. Great workout using light weights for the upper body. Good music and fun moves.
- 1 hour walk to our local fishponds
- PA Breath and Endurance - a bit too advanced for me but something to work towards.
- Gaia - Shoulder Mobiliser. A quick 10-minute class but very effective. After a long session of typing today, my right shoulder felt so much better afterwards.

Pam - Thank you for your thoughts on Barlates. I do like the sound of big body movements. I'm going to check out some of her beginner classes. I'm sure these will be hard enough for me at the moment!

I'm going to start my own Sadhana today with a meditation focus. I've been slipping lately and need to get back into a daily practice.

Best wishes to all.
Old 08-01-19, 06:38 PM  
cyana

Today - restorative yoga class. No magic thunderstorms and gentle rain shower this evening, but there were men re-roofing a commercial building nearby, so I got to hear that during class. I watched a dog in utter and absolute bliss rolling around in the grass as I was walking home from class - I got a chuckle out of that. I don't even think he/she realized I'd walked by.

It seems like we just started the July thread and now it's August already. Not sure how that happened.

Pam - That's a bummer to hear about Andrew's newest practice. I'll have to do it and see how I feel about it. His live instruction is top-notch....maybe this was his first go at voice over? I've done at least one of the other voice-overs and didn't think it was bad, but I'm spoiled since he does so many tutorials and instructs/talks right at you.

Margot - I enjoyed the shoulder and upper body stretches at class this evening - felt really good after being at the desk all day. A walk to fishponds sounds nice and relaxing.

Pat - I've had a prolonged KY shortage and I'm not sure why other than having too much other stuff to fit in. We did spine grinds during class this evening, which reminded me yet again I need to get some KY in!

Donna - Were the Coco Lime dance segments easy to follow? I have about 43 left feet, so easy is good!

Happy Almost TGIF!!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-19, 07:18 PM  
sherry7899

I strained my lower back about two weeks ago, so I have not been exercising. I really miss it! This is so frustrating! I went to the chiropractor on Monday and Wednesday. I am trying to not have to go back tomorrow . I hate spending so much money on the visits.

I will try to post personals tomorrow.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-19, 08:05 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today’s workouts:
~Functional fitness packing, cleaning, & prep for home exchange - I’m pooped!
~ETV: Meg’s new AB & Arm Sculpting - it was nice, excellent instruction....nothing remarkable and new but I liked it
~MFML: Relax & Soothe into the Evening - This is a favorite of mine, a yin practice all done at the wall

Sherry - (((Hugs))), so sorry you’ve hurt your back & I hope the chiro helps!

Cyana & Margot - I really wanted to like Andrew’s spine practice & you might love it. It could have been my frame of mind, I’m a bit stressed with getting packed & organized for our UK exchange.

Hope your mom is improving Donna!

Safe travels home Jackie!

We head to Victoria tomorrow and then on to London on Wed. We’ve been getting organized yesterday & today to leave the house ready for our exchangers.

Waves to Pat & all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-19, 05:58 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

OK....LOL....I fly home tonight. I'm excited to be home. It's been a good week but I miss my family, routine, and doggy. Will be good to do some other workouts.

I'll check in this weekend; should be home in MN tonight.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-19, 06:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Last night i managed to do:

Trifecta Pilates - 10 Min Pilates abs

This morning was:

Ellen's Stretch 360
Trifecta Pilates - 10 min Pilates back workout

Both were pretty good.

I'm going to loosely follow Trifecta Pilates calendar for August. It is mostly short workouts that I can add on to whatever else I am doing.

Sherry - I'm so sorry about your back, it is very frustrating for sure.

Cyana - the CocoLime dance workouts are pretty easy to follow - and they are short. Not very intense either....but I don't have much energy these days for working out or doing anything too strenuous.

Jackie - have a safe trip home.

Waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-19, 07:52 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Got to the gym after work for:

~ 20 minutes recumbent
~ weights for upper body, and the parts of my PT that rely on a cable machine
~ 10 minutes arc trainer

Did my own back yoga at home. My plan was to try the Yoga Ranger class that Margot posted about, but my laptop was being a butthead.

Margot, isn't Tracey's Fuse Dance fun? Thanks for the reminder to dust that one off. Best wishes with your meditation sadhana.

Cyana - I can't believe how the time is flying. It's a test of fortitude to bliss out during construction.

Sherry - I'm so sorry to hear about your back. Good luck getting back to your Soul Sweat.

Pam, your UK exchange should be fun. Will you be visiting Ireland while over there?

Welcome home Jackie - good workouts Donna! TGIF!!!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote