Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-19, 04:01 PM  
CS_Margaret_Fan

Jackie, that's great news about the new website, and it's fantastic you're able to attend training sessions in Canada. Gail is one of my favorite instructors.

Christina
Old 08-06-19, 11:34 AM  
Izzy

It sounds like an awesome trip Jackie. Thank you for sharing the information. I look forward to doing one of your live classes so I can see first hand what you have learned. I am so excited about downloads!! Yay on that.

While Jackie was in Montreal, I was in Jackiehood. I went to visit a friend in Minneapolis for a couple of days. (Had Jackie been there I would have for sure gone to one of her classes). We did a lot of walking, like about 7 miles each day, exploring lakes, towns, cities etc. A lovely weekend.

I hope all is well.

August 1-Drove to Minneapolis, did about 40 mins of walking
August 2-Lots of walking, took 3 walks today, around the city, then 2 different lakes. Total walking 7 miles
August 3-Lots more walking, went to 2 lakes, one walk around neighborhood, Total walking 7 miles
August 4-Drive home, 1 hour walk
August 5-1 hour walk, 1 hour yard work, 20 mins stretching

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-19, 03:27 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I think downloads are a bit further on their timeline...but at least they are saying they are coming.

Aw, shoot Mary! Would have loved to connect with you.

I did workouts yesterday and today....focusing on a prechoreographed workout by Gail. I am not teaching class tonight as it's ds2's birthday.

I start back up tomorrow.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-19, 09:46 PM  
geojill

Hi everyone, do you mind if I join your group? I am looking to make CS/Essentrics a regular part of my routine because, simply put, I’m tired of feeling old when I am only 43.

I struggle with getting in formal exercise but do go for a roughly 17 minute walk 2x/day at work on my breaks. I have increased my steps from about 5-6k to 9-11k per day. I think that starting my day with CS will help a lot, and I think that joining a check-in with others that focus on it will be really helpful.

I have been part of VF for YEARS but am generally a lurker, and have not traditionally been good with check-ins, but I think my motivation is different now
Old 08-09-19, 07:08 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
Hi everyone, do you mind if I join your group? I am looking to make CS/Essentrics a regular part of my routine because, simply put, I’m tired of feeling old when I am only 43.

I struggle with getting in formal exercise but do go for a roughly 17 minute walk 2x/day at work on my breaks. I have increased my steps from about 5-6k to 9-11k per day. I think that starting my day with CS will help a lot, and I think that joining a check-in with others that focus on it will be really helpful.

I have been part of VF for YEARS but am generally a lurker, and have not traditionally been good with check-ins, but I think my motivation is different now
Hi Jill! Glad to have you. I think I was right around your age when I decided I was only going to do workouts that made me feel good. That was when I dialed things down and mainly focused on walking and CS/Ess.

Check in when you can.

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 08-09-19, 05:19 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I've been pretty draggy...I did end up doing some little workouts. I walked the dog, did Amanda's Express Posture workout on ETV, and a short Barre3 10 minute workout.

Old 08-12-19, 03:48 PM  
CS_Margaret_Fan

Welcome, Jill! The folks on this board are welcoming, supportive, and positive.

My Workouts August 12, 2019 (Monday)

FitPrime
- Lower Body Burn (48 minutes)
I like this workout! I hated it the first time I did this DVD years ago.

Age Reversing
- Spine

My depression was intense today, but this combination of videos made me sweat without injuring muscles. I took several breaks during FitPrime to stretch both hips before continuing.

Izzy, seven-mile walks each day is fantastic! Good for you. A good friend of mine who lives in Sweden recommended a brand of every-day walking shoes that are popular in Europe:

https://www.finncomfortusa.net/Products/products/1/

They're expensive, but they last a long time and are worth every penny for me because they ease my extreme fibromyalgia pain. The first pair I bought (the Newport) lasted six years before I had to replace them.

Enjoy the day, ladies!

Christina
Old 08-12-19, 03:56 PM  
CS_Margaret_Fan

Jackie, I hope your lethargy passes quickly. It's been so hot in the Metro Detroit area, people don't want to eat!

Hugs,
Christina
Old 08-12-19, 07:20 PM  
geojill

Thanks for the welcome! Starting the day after I posted, I have had a really rough time, dealing with my 20yo daughter who made a poor choice and found herself in a bad situation. We are dealing with the legal consequences, and it has taken up a lot of time and energy. I think it will be okay in the long run, but it’s a painful position for everyone right now. So, no exercise Friday through Sunday.

Today I did one 10 minute walk and one 20 minute walk at work during my breaks. After taking my daughter to an appointment (her license is now revoked until further notice), I came home and did 5 minutes of a bellicon workout until I decided I really didn’t like it. So I switched to a light health bounce/jog through Northern Italy via a Virtual Active download for about 10-15 minutes and that felt much more calming on my nervous system. Then I followed that with CS 1112. I feel much better now!
Old 08-12-19, 07:23 PM  
geojill

Oh, and I’m excited about possible downloads! I have asked them about that before because I would love to take CS on a cruise with me, but I am not taking my laptop with a dvd on the ship with me and streaming is obviously not an option.