Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-19, 01:07 PM  
Runninggirl

The Endurance ladies had a great race weekend!

Vannie - I am so happy for you! Look what happens when you release all of your preconceived thoughts, long lists of have to do's and just trust your gut and go for it! You are ready for your next 5k which will be timed properly and you will have proof of your PR because I know you will run it just as fast! What a great way to celebrate Sandy's birthday and I hope she had a great race as well!

Pratima - that does seem like a weird dynamic with your supervisor. I hope there is clarity for you in the coming weeks! Is Tucson where the headquarters is or where your supervisor works? So sorry for DH and for you - I'm sure there are going to be some more rough patches ahead {{Hugs}} and hoping for some bright spots in this process soon! Glad you got out for a run and it wasn't too miserable! I can imagine your DD running the 50k yard dash - she is such a great competitor I can see her little self running the race trying to beat all the other toddlers !

Me
Tuesday - track. I followed someone who was running faster than me but I kept up through 8 of my 12 400's and then started to fade. I thought she had taken off on number 9 before me but only at the end did I find out she only had 8 at that speed......time to get to know everyone much better so I don't follow the wrong person again!
Wednesday - continuing the transition week did X3 Accelerator and Pilates. At first I didn't think I was going to like Accelerator but as the workout went on I began to understand and did like it. Pilates was hard but I can tell I have gotten so much stronger since I started.
Thursday - 6 mile easy run with 2 friends in Midtown after an early morning meeting. I could feel my legs from the workouts the day before.
Friday - easy 3 mile run on my own after our BOMF breakfast.
Saturday - race day. We had 10 teams in the relay and I ran leg 1 for my team. One of my favorite volunteers who paced me to my goal of a sub 25 in May was also in the first leg and so I didn't even look at my watch and stuck to her. My next goal has been a sub 24 and she got me there! My race was just a touch short, not as bad as Vannie's, and I ran 23:13 which would have translated to 23:42 on a full course. I was hoping to get that at my Labor Day race so now I am super nervous about that race because I have to maintain it on my own without my favorite pacer!
Today - I was supposed to meet some friends to run in a gorgeous state park about 40 min outside of ATL but my leg felt tight so I wanted to stay close to home and run easy and do my pt. I was sad to miss but I don't want any backsliding with my leg health now that I am in a good place. 6 easy miles followed by Rodney Yee AM Yoga standing and hip openers. I think I will sub some of the X3 yoga since it is in there every week with some other practices. I like X3 yoga, and will do it some weeks, but it is faster moving yoga to burn calories and while I can see a difference in my limited flexibility, it will be fun to add in some other shorter practices.
Runninggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-19, 09:21 AM  
Runninggirl

Vannie - I just had to pop back in to tell you our BOMF question of the day (we ask it at the beginning and people can talk about it and share after the run) was prompted by you and many of my teammates on Saturday. I was thinking about everyone this weekend who stepped out of their comfort zone not knowing if they would be successful or not who achieved their goals - so that was exactly the question - Think about a time where you did that and what was the result? It's really fun to think about the times where someone stretches themselves and achieves a goal. I'm so impressed and happy for you!

Me - so this morning was a 3 mile run with BOMF - I ran with a guy who did his first 5k Saturday and it was his 3rd time doing 3 miles - we wanted to keep the momentum going. We talked about how runners not only need to train their bodies but train their minds so we practiced that today - run another block, run to the light, tell that brain that is saying you can't do it just to watch because you are doing it ! Our run ended today in front of the facility where my team resides and many residents are out smoking and he is an almost former smoker who ran by his friends to show them where he is now - loved it! Came home and did CVX - sort of stretching out the transition week so I will be rested for the Labor Day race - will start Phase 2 after the race.
Old 08-28-19, 07:00 AM  
Vantreesta

My hip felt okay yesterday until I was in bed and trying to roll over woke me a few times bc I was groaning in pain. I only did my regular YFR after my run and forgot to add on the extra stretches I know have been helping. Grr.

I did wk13 day1 yesterday for 5 miles. Then I did the butterfly bridges for day 1 of Cassey Ho's 30 Day 100 Glute Challenge. I didn't feel much at all in my butt but holy inner things, Batman!! Finished with YFR. I wanted to do more but didn't.

It was windy enough yesterday afternoon on that I got to wear long sleeves!

Chianna's kidney numbers were high so the vet put her on meds for it that will continue the rest of her life. The pain meds we were using are not an option now so he put her on smthg else for pain. Her joints are far enough gone (not enough cartilage and synovial fluid left) that he switched her to a supplement that is lower in glucosamine and higher in anti-inflammatories so hopefully that will help too. I had a rough day yesterday waiting for the appt to go over the results of the bloodwork. He examined her again and asked a lot of questions. The kidney dysfunction could have contributed to her muscle loss. I'm praying all these changes will help her feel better. And praying Cyric's anxiety supplement will help him stop barking at reflections and obsessively searching the ceiling for them. And I really hope it can help him not be so reactive to other dogs. Just chill, sweet little boy! (Says his anxious mom... )

Will try to be back later for personals.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-19, 09:44 PM  
Vantreesta

I fought with replacing the battery in my Polar HRM for a good while this morning and went down the rabbit hole looking at other Polar stuff just because. Finally got it in gear and did a virgin, SELF Bikini Body -Muscle Conditioning with Shelly McDonald, whom I love. Hubby came home as I was transitioning and asked what I was doing (when I came upstairs to see what the dogs' commotion was). He said okay, finish your workout then let's go hike. Huzzah! So I did day 2 of Cassey's glute challenge and Slim in 6 Slim & Limber and got ready to leave. We hiked (nature walked) 4.54 miles, which I needed so bad!!!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 08-30-19, 08:05 AM  
Runninggirl

Vannie - hope the new medication helps Chianna maintain and feel better. Good for you for doing that challenge - I don't do anything that requires 100 reps ! Your hike sounds wonderful - what a lovely way to cross train.

Me - finishing the X3 transition week and taking it easy to be rested for my race on Monday. The usual BOMF runs, track etc. Did a hot yoga class one night and saw my chiropractor release guy to get rid of some tightness from last Saturday's race. He said I was good to go but said I had to come in next week after the race because I was definitely torqued from the last race. This morning was a Labor Day weekend race that BOMF participates in but I got the participation medal as jogged it with a teammate.

Hope everyone has a relaxing and fun Labor Day weekend!
Old 08-30-19, 02:54 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Vantreesta, how are your dogs doing now? Is it cooling off there? I saw this meme the other day about how as you get older, you hurt yourself while asleep! That's me for sure. My hip and arm often bother me when I wake up.

Gail, what race is Monday? My company has two corporate offices--one in Tucson and one here in the metro Phoenix area. More of the staff was here before (including my department) and more have been gradually moved to Tucson.

Next week is my big work meeting. Initially it was going to be two days, now I'm in it for 3.5. And I thought it'd be part fun, part planning. Now I feel like it's several days of lots of stuff. :/ I dunno, I thought my new supervisor was sort of finding out all about us, what we do, etc. and would then slowly make changes. Instead I now feel like she doesn't like anything we do and is generating mountains of paperwork to show us that or something.

I've spent way too much time this week downloading every assignment from our courses so they can be PRINTED and reviewed by the director of each program. The point of it is that our assignments should target desired outcomes, but the outcomes themselves need changing. So in a nutshell, this is a full day's exercise that could be a one-hour presentation, at least from my perspective.

I can't tell whether I'm dreading the meeting or being gone. DH hasn't done anything regarding the kids. He went to pick them up Tuesday and then slept all afternoon because he said the heat was too much. I realize his body has to recover and it's tough when he can't really eat much. I also feel like it's partially a choice though and he needs to work at getting better. With me gone, he'll have to take care of the kids. I'm worried!

I can get back if I need to and I have backup people who can get over here too. Still...

Very glad for a three day weekend! My kids are again bummed though because DH won't be doing anything with us (i.e. going out).

Burn Bootcamp is like my lifesaver right now. So good to be able to go, usually meet up with a friend or two, and get in a good workout in 45 minutes.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-19, 11:04 AM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

I don't see a September thread yet but I can't think of any questions to start one. I feel the need to share that I finally slayed the excuse monster and got out and ran today. It was a run/walk, but we went all 4.5 miles around the lake. Yay! I have a 10K in 4 weeks, so I need to get my training on track.
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 06:24 AM  
Vantreesta

Way to go, Alison!!! What a great feeling, huh?

I never got back for replies. I'll have to do so in the September thread, but I can't think of any questions either.

Old 09-03-19, 12:07 PM  
Runninggirl

September thread with questions !

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...35#post2835935