Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-23-19, 06:50 PM  
Leonana

Walked Chica this morning, but no workout. I feel like I've done a lot though, pulled weeds, shopping, moved stuff around for carpet cleaner, and did dishes and house cleaning. I've been on my feet all day, similar to yesterday. But my clothes are looser, so I guess I'm burning calories.

Finally had the carpets cleaned in our bedroom. They were so dirty, I waited way too long. The rest of the house is tile, but I've neglected the bedrooms. It's so nice to have it clean.

Vannie, it's too bad people don't train their dogs. I don't blame Cyric. Chica gets nervous and backs away, but she isn't aggressive. She really doesn't care for other dogs, unless they are smaller than her. I'm glad he and Chianna get along so well.

Katie, that's nice you were gifted the Jill Miller kit and that it helped. My mouth gets tired too at the dentist. It is nice when you can go on a longer walk with your dog. That's cute that Trooper likes to see the horses.

Scarlett, I'm glad you were able to post. I hope things are going better for you.
Old 08-24-19, 01:59 PM  
Vantreesta

Awesome way to celebrate Sandy's birthday today! We could not have asked for more perfect weather!

My average pace was 9:24 and I felt fantastic the whole time. Running has never felt so easy! The disappointing part is that my 26:13 time was not actually a PR bc the course was short. I'm sure they said it was a certified 5k but my GPS said 2.79 mi and another lady's said 2.83 and a guy who placed in his AG said his also measured short. I used the race calculator thing and for 5k at that pace (which I could have maintained for that little farther bc I finished really strong) would have beat my PR by like 15 seconds! I did actually finish 4th of 19 in my age group, which blew me away. The top 3 all finished in 22:xx. Now I want to do a 5k soon while I'm feeling so high so I can for real beat my PR!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-19, 02:37 PM  
Leonana

That's great, Vannie! Congrats on doing so well in your race.
Old 08-25-19, 07:23 PM  
MathTeacher

Wonderful job, Vannie! I'm super proud of you.
Old 08-25-19, 07:27 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, guys! It's nice to feel like all my training is paying off!

We went to the Ren Fest again today bc the weather was too perfect to waste. It's been a really nice wknd. We wish hubby didn't have to back to work tmrw!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 08-26-19, 10:11 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Congrats on the race Vannie! Well done! And so nice to enjoy Ren Fest as well.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-19, 11:43 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Katie!

Today was Chianna's vet appt. Waiting to hear back about her bloodwork. Started Cyric on the anxiety supplement when we got home from the vet. Really hoping it helps take the edge off for him so the work I do with him can take hold and the training pays off.

Old 08-28-19, 06:57 AM  
Vantreesta

My hip felt okay yesterday until I was in bed and trying to roll over woke me a few times bc I was groaning in pain. I only did my regular YFR after my run and forgot to add on the extra stretches I know have been helping. Grr.

I did wk13 day1 yesterday for 5 miles. Then I did the butterfly bridges for day 1 of Cassey Ho's 30 Day 100 Glute Challenge. I didn't feel much at all in my butt but holy inner things, Batman!! Finished with YFR. I wanted to do more but didn't.

It was windy enough yesterday afternoon on that I got to wear long sleeves!

Chianna's kidney numbers were high so the vet put her on meds for it that will continue the rest of her life. The pain meds we were using are not an option now so he put her on smthg else for pain. Her joints are far enough gone (not enough cartilage and synovial fluid left) that he switched her to a supplement that is lower in glucosamine and higher in anti-inflammatories so hopefully that will help too. I had a rough day yesterday waiting for the appt to go over the results of the bloodwork. He examined her again and asked a lot of questions. The kidney dysfunction could have contributed to her muscle loss. I'm praying all these changes will help her feel better. And praying Cyric's anxiety supplement will help him stop barking at reflections and obsessively searching the ceiling for them. And I really hope it can help him not be so reactive to other dogs. Just chill, sweet little boy! (Says his anxious mom...)

Old 08-28-19, 09:45 PM  
Vantreesta

I fought with replacing the battery in my Polar HRM for a good while this morning and went down the rabbit hole looking at other Polar stuff just because. Finally got it in gear and did a virgin, SELF Bikini Body -Muscle Conditioning with Shelly McDonald, whom I love. Hubby came home as I was transitioning and asked what I was doing (when I came upstairs to see what the dogs' commotion was). He said okay, finish your workout then let's go hike. Huzzah! So I did day 2 of Cassey's glute challenge and Slim in 6 Slim & Limber and got ready to leave. We hiked (nature walked) 4.54 miles, which I needed so bad!!!