Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-25-19, 11:55 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Cathe' Stretch Max DVD is pretty good, but it doesn't have the bird dog pose you are expecting to find. From the Madeleine Lewis's DVD (A.M. & P.M. Stretch), that pose is in the 20 min. Bonus workout, but it is not a relaxing stretch as the main two 30 minute routines, the bonus is a little workout, very dynamic, you might break a little sweat with that one, but it is very good, you will work your balance too.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-19, 01:59 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Cathe' Stretch Max DVD is pretty good, but it doesn't have the bird dog pose you are expecting to find. From the Madeleine Lewis's DVD (A.M. & P.M. Stretch), that pose is in the 20 min. Bonus workout, but it is not a relaxing stretch as the main two 30 minute routines, the bonus is a little workout, very dynamic, you might break a little sweat with that one, but it is very good, you will work your balance too.
Thank you for the info. I am looking for more of a before bed evening stretch.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-19, 09:18 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Thank you for the info. I am looking for more of a before bed evening stretch.
Diana, I did Maui Pilates Abs Made Easy tonight and thought about you. The whole thing is 50 minutes long, but it has three chapters, "warm up" which is a 22 minute stretch, abs is 18 minutes and back 10 minutes, everything after the relaxing warm up is done very slowly, the back chapter (10 min.) starts in table top position arching and rounding the back, then bird dog exercise, back extensions, hamstrings curls, child pose, down dog, arm extensions in kneeling position (repeat the last two exercises), neck stretch, shoulders rolls, down dog, forward fold, standing arms extensions and done. It is filmed on the beach, and you can hear the sound of the waves, which is a bit too loud during the warm up, but it would be great as a routine for before bed, it is very relaxing, and I think it is great for mobility and flexibility, hth.

https://www.amazon.com/Maui-Pilates-.../dp/B000P2XNDO

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 08-20-19, 11:38 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Diana, I did Maui Pilates Abs Made Easy tonight and thought about you. The whole thing is 50 minutes long, but it has three chapters, "warm up" which is a 22 minute stretch, abs is 18 minutes and back 10 minutes, everything after the relaxing warm up is done very slowly, the back chapter (10 min.) starts in table top position arching and rounding the back, then bird dog exercise, back extensions, hamstrings curls, child pose, down dog, arm extensions in kneeling position (repeat the last two exercises), neck stretch, shoulders rolls, down dog, forward fold, standing arms extensions and done. It is filmed on the beach, and you can hear the sound of the waves, which is a bit too loud during the warm up, but it would be great as a routine for before bed, it is very relaxing, and I think it is great for mobility and flexibility, hth.

Thanks! I just ordered one of these. It sounds great!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-19, 01:48 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
Thanks! I just ordered one of these. It sounds great!
Karen, you're welcome! I hope you'll enjoy it.

Old 08-21-19, 07:34 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:

Awesome! Thank you!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-19, 10:31 AM  
SueT

I ordered one, too! This workout sounds great. Thanks for posting about it!

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-19, 10:35 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:

Amazon is saying I bought this workout in 2010. I think it must have been for the holiday gift exchange because I have no memory of using it. I may buy it for myself since I really need to strengthen my core. Thank you for posting.

I recognized Beth's review by her writing style before seeing her name.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-19, 11:25 AM  
Hattie
VF Supporter

Denise Beatty's Fitness Fix. She had dvds for 3 levels - beginner, intermediate, and advanced. https://www.amazon.com/Fitness-Fix-I.../dp/B000P7V5MU
Old 08-21-19, 03:05 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Awesome! Thank you!
You are welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
I ordered one, too! This workout sounds great. Thanks for posting about it!

Sue
You're welcome, hope you'll like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Amazon is saying I bought this workout in 2010. I think it must have been for the holiday gift exchange because I have no memory of using it. I may buy it for myself since I really need to strengthen my core. Thank you for posting.

I recognized Beth's review by her writing style before seeing her name.
You're welcome, but this is more a flexibility/mobility routine than a core strengthening one, title is misleading imo, there is an abs section, but everyting is very gentle and slow pace, and you stretch between moves, not burning sensation at all. Beth's reviews are awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
Denise Beatty's Fitness Fix. She had dvds for 3 levels - beginner, intermediate, and advanced. https://www.amazon.com/Fitness-Fix-I.../dp/B000P7V5MU
I never heard of this one, sounds great! Thanks for posting.

Tags
stretch dvds, stretch workouts