Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-25-19, 04:13 PM  
Hsim

Yes, I do think it is worth it to buy the additional DVD. I prefer to use this as a separate workout. I do not like to work one muscle group at a time (as an add on).

I like this set. I find it more toning intensive than cardio intensive. The cardio is intermediate only but is a little more challenging with the calorie crush. I have been using this set as a means to increase my weight training and I often use the pyramid workout. The cardio is used when I don't want an advanced cardio workout. It is nice as I have a lot of more advanced cardio such as Michelle Dozois. And the bonus is that you don't have to swap out a lot of equipment.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-19, 04:52 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsim View Post
Yes, I do think it is worth it to buy the additional DVD. I prefer to use this as a separate workout. I do not like to work one muscle group at a time (as an add on).

I like this set. I find it more toning intensive than cardio intensive. The cardio is intermediate only but is a little more challenging with the calorie crush. I have been using this set as a means to increase my weight training and I often use the pyramid workout. The cardio is used when I don't want an advanced cardio workout. It is nice as I have a lot of more advanced cardio such as Michelle Dozois. And the bonus is that you don't have to swap out a lot of equipment.
Great! Thank you very much! I'm looking for workouts with more strength training so it seems Cathe Lite will fit the bill.

ETA: Ordered, including the Pyramid Pump. 25% off with code BUNDLE.
Old 08-25-19, 08:43 PM  
ksleeth
VF Supporter

The ones I use over and over are Cardio Party with the calorie crush (it’s too much fun for a workout - I have to limit myself to doing it once a month), Metabolic body and Rev’d Up Rumble - also with calorie crush. The Upper body and Body weight & Bands are good as well. You can’t go wrong with this set of dvds.
Old 08-25-19, 08:52 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksleeth View Post
You can’t go wrong with this set of dvds.
Thank you, Kim. I ordered the 8 DVD set which includes Pyramid Pump and I'm looking forward to receiving my order. Now, I'm binge reading all reviews I can find here and everywhere else on the web. All are very positive. I'm excited for this set!
Old 08-25-19, 09:19 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

About a month ago I've decided I need to focus more on doing strength workouts after I've noticed a significant jiggle in the back of my arms where there was none just a week before. WTH? Where did it come from all of a sudden? I know I've been doing a lot of cardio (which I love) and possibly not enough strength but to that degree? I need to get this under control ASAP, thus my sudden interest in Cathe's DVDs. I am now doing Gilad (and he's great!) but I feel like I need to add more variety and weight to the mix. I'm moving on to Cathe's LITE calendar as soon as I get my DVDs. Thank you for all replies!
Old 08-26-19, 06:59 AM  
ChelePA

I was also a cardio junkie. More than a year ago maybe longer, I started to focus on weight training. I followed Cathe’s rotations. Otherwise I often just skipped the weights. The Lite rotation is great. You can adjust your weights depending on your level. At first I thought I would be disappointed that the Lite series was geared more towards weights. But it was just what I needed. Plus I find the cardio sections lots of fun for easier days. I also posted a review in this thread when it first came out. Enjoy!!!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-19, 07:47 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I did the Strong Body Stacked Sets: Upper once, and it did have the up and down...more than I like. (Maybe I was just having a grumpy day...but it went straight to my trade list because of it.)

I have PHA2 but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it. It does have some up and down, too, though. (Also a pet peeve of mine.)
(Just throwing this out there...I'm likely not keeping these 2 I mentioned. If anyone is interested, send me your trades and maybe we can work something out...)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-19, 11:23 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I already got a tracking number this morning! Pretty impressive. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 08-26-19, 11:28 AM  
sbh

I really like the reviews of Cathe Lite here:

https://www.fitnessmystyle.com/recent-posts/

You have to scroll down a few pages to get to The Lite Series. I use these reviews often to plan my workouts.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-19, 01:12 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh View Post
I really like the reviews of Cathe Lite here:

https://www.fitnessmystyle.com/recent-posts/

You have to scroll down a few pages to get to The Lite Series. I use these reviews often to plan my workouts.
Thank you! I've read these and am happy I ordered this set. I also read this thread in its entirety. Thanks to all that have contributed their opinions here.

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, cathe lite reviews, cathe lite rotation, lite reviews, music off option, push up free workout, resistance bands