Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-22-19, 01:36 PM  
Tugger31

I had my 2nd massage today and my shoulder has never felt so loose even before this happened! My nerve pain is still there. Thanks for the sharing your stories. It's comforting (?) to know I'm not alone and that there is hope for a recovery! I'm hoping that I can do yoga in the future. I was planning on starting UY 108 as my 2020 rotation, mixed in with light metabolic work and and some total body/floor work. Crossing my fingers that can still happen even with some modifications.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-19, 06:58 AM  
Lannette

Tugger, I’m glad massage therapy is helping. I have similar aspirations for yoga in the future. Like Stacey, my neck issues manifest a bit like TOS but are improving and I’ve been able to do a bit of upper body weight bearing recently.
I need to balance out my shoulder girdle strength first so that area stays open. Don’t be afraid to take it a step at a time. You’ll get there.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-19, 08:43 PM  
cecififi

Have you checked out the youtube site Athlean-x? I don't have a herniated neck but I have an on and off bulging disc problem in my back. this guy has all sorts of physio stuff on offer. I saw many practitioners about my leg/feet issues this year with little success. this guy's exercises are finally bringing me relief after 8 months of problems issues. I just thought I would share something I found that helped. He might have exercises for your neck. I am sorry you are struggling. physical pain can be a joy stealer.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-19, 05:07 AM  
Tugger31

I had Dry Needling done at PT yesterday. Last night was the best night of sleep I've had in a month and I truly believe it was from that. I have no clue if insurance will pay for it, but whatever the cost it was very much worth it. I still have a long way to go in recovery, but taking it day by day.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulging disc, herniated disc, neck pain