Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-17-19, 11:21 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Question about Leah Sarago streaming

I was a latecomer to Leah's Ballet Body workouts and never had any of her downloads I've seen people talking about, and of course, now I can't get them. Does she provide access to all of her older Ballet Body material on her streaming site now, along with her newer stuff? How long do her workouts average, and how is her site to use, navigate, etc.?

I'm asking because I've been doing her Ballet Body Upper, Lower, Core, and Total Body DVDs for the last several weeks and swear up and down I'm noticing some positive changes, and I'd love some more variety, so I'm considering her streaming. Any insight would be appreciated!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-19, 01:57 PM  
prettyinpink

Yes, all of the Ballet Body workouts are there along with the original rotations.

The site is easy enough to use. I think even if you don’t subscribe you can see how things are organized, by upper, lower, total, or core. You can either click on a workout to save to “my list” if you want to choose your own series of segments, or go by one of the rotations (the site will play them in order), or just do a single workout. For me on my tablet, Vimeo functions best on Chrome.

I would say the Iron Barre segments are anywhere from 12-25 minutes. Most I’d guess 18-20. In most of them, just like with Ballet Body segments, she demonstrates one full set and then suggests you can repeat 1-2x. In some, she will do a paired circuit, such as one LB and one UB exercise, and then tell you to pause and repeat 1-2x before continuing to the next pair. Or she’ll do something like a heavier move like a deadlift, tell you to do more sets on your own, and then continue with the video with a longer series of unweighted work at the barre.

They are definitely varied and interesting workouts and I enjoy them. I know some won’t like that not all of the videos are 100% follow along. I don’t mind because with weights, sometimes I want to do my weighted sets slower or do fewer or more reps, depending on how I am progressing or my energy level. Also because of the way my exercise equipment is set up at home, I am used to having to pause with video to move things around, change plates, move to my pull up bar. Note that this isn’t really an issue with the Ballet Body segments, if those are mainly what you want. Those move straight through and you only repeat them if you wish. I usually do several different segments. There are also some Iron Barre that are bodyweight only or use a band and those move straight through as well.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-19, 03:30 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
Yes, all of the Ballet Body workouts are there along with the original rotations.

The site is easy enough to use. I think even if you don’t subscribe you can see how things are organized, by upper, lower, total, or core. You can either click on a workout to save to “my list” if you want to choose your own series of segments, or go by one of the rotations (the site will play them in order), or just do a single workout. For me on my tablet, Vimeo functions best on Chrome.

I would say the Iron Barre segments are anywhere from 12-25 minutes. Most I’d guess 18-20. In most of them, just like with Ballet Body segments, she demonstrates one full set and then suggests you can repeat 1-2x. In some, she will do a paired circuit, such as one LB and one UB exercise, and then tell you to pause and repeat 1-2x before continuing to the next pair. Or she’ll do something like a heavier move like a deadlift, tell you to do more sets on your own, and then continue with the video with a longer series of unweighted work at the barre.

They are definitely varied and interesting workouts and I enjoy them. I know some won’t like that not all of the videos are 100% follow along. I don’t mind because with weights, sometimes I want to do my weighted sets slower or do fewer or more reps, depending on how I am progressing or my energy level. Also because of the way my exercise equipment is set up at home, I am used to having to pause with video to move things around, change plates, move to my pull up bar. Note that this isn’t really an issue with the Ballet Body segments, if those are mainly what you want. Those move straight through and you only repeat them if you wish. I usually do several different segments. There are also some Iron Barre that are bodyweight only or use a band and those move straight through as well.
Oh, this is very informative and interesting, thank you! I wasn't even sure on the weighted stuff because I'm so interested in her Ballet Body stuff! I'm glad to hear that is all there and I would be able to access it since I've missed out all these years. How heavy of weights does she use for the Iron Barre stuff?

I'm researching what I can because I'm also considering asking for a subscription as a gift, hah! I'll have to look around her site more....
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet body, leah sarago, leah sarago streaming