Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-15, 09:09 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
Lannette, great questions. I will send them an email as a followup to their previous answers. Besides the strength of the frame, I have some concerns about the round frame coming in pieces. The Bellicon frame comes in one piece with mat and bungee cords attached. All you have to do is screw in the legs.
The round frame coming in two pieces is also a concern of mine unless they can adequately explain how once assembled it's really solid and why. If it comes in more than two pieces that would really make me wonder. When your body is putting toward pressure on the mat it would tend, to some degree to pull inward but what happens in response to you going airborne?

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-15, 11:26 AM  
daisyduke

The frame came in 4 pieces. I just slid them together. It is very very solid. I screwed in 8 legs without problem. They are very solid. I feel it is very safe. I broke my foot while cheerleading in college and the urban rebounder is very hard on it, and I was in constant pain from it. The urban rebounder is very jarring compared to this. The warranty is just as good as the bellicon too. I look at it as I can't afford a lexus, but I still want to drive so a Toyota is just as good. If you can spend $1,000 on a bellicon I'm sure you won't be disappointed with it. This is probably not as high quality but it feels safe and solid. It feels awesome on my feet and the bounce is great.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-15, 01:34 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

I just got a response from the company to my additional questions. The response is as follows:

: Here’s your requested information…

1. The frame is made 1.2mm thick mild steel with a 1" tube diameter. The frame has a 220 lbs weight rating.

2. The frame comes in 4 pieces for the 48" and 3 pieces for the 40" and the legs (8 for the 48” model and 6 for the 40” model) screw into the main frame. The 4 or 3 main pieces fit into the next to lock together as a whole. Adding the bungees creates even greater strength in keeping the frame locked tight.

3. The shipped box is about 36” x 12” x 6” and weighs 18 lbs. At this time, I do not have any pictures available of the packaged box or the unassembled pieces. Assembly is simple and straight forward. You add the 4 or 3 pieces together, place the mat in the center, add the bungees around the frame to the mat, and then finish by screwing in the legs. An assembly instruction guide comes with each rebounder.

4. I do not have access to a Bellicon to compare the bungees. I’ll forward your requested specs to the tech to see if they can provide more information. We sell replacement bungees for $49. But I can’t guarantee it will work with a Bellicon.

Please let me know if you have any other questions."

I will have to make comparisons with the Bellicon. One obvious difference (other than the frame being in 4 pieces), is this 48" model comes with 8 screwed in legs whereas the 48" Bellicon comes with 6 legs. The 2 additional legs should give it additional support.

daisyduke, it is great to know that you are thrilled with your rebounder. At this price point, I don't think anyone expects the quality to be that of the Bellicon. If the quality is as good as the lower end rebounders sold in the US, then the 48" model at $249 is a great alternative to those folks who don't want to spent the high price of the Bellicon. I'm actually thinking about buying this model for my daughter who lives in another location.

I look forward to you sharing more of your thoughts and thanks so much for bringing this alternative rebounder to the forum.

Old 08-13-15, 03:32 PM  
Lannette

Daisyduke Thank you for taking the time to provide that additional info. It's quite helpful. Not too long ago I bought something that was circular and needed to be assembled and arrived in sections. I can't for the life of me remember what it was but I do remember how strong it ended up being once assembled. I've been walking around the house looking to see if I can find what it was a part of.

You totally got me with the Toyota analogy - We own three of them! I'm also not someone to buy something expensive just because it's expensive but I don't want to end up throwing something in the landfill a year from now and from your description it doesn't sound like that would be the case. Having 8 legs may also spread the impact across the floor more efficiently.

The difference in the weight limits, 220 lbs for the Probounce compared to 440 lbs for the Bellicon are most definitely due to the pieced frame, though you may not care if you don't weigh much.

Susie thanks for contacting them again.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss

Last edited by Lannette; 08-13-15 at 03:39 PM. Reason: fix typo
Old 08-13-15, 03:41 PM  
pmoon

I just ordered one. I really wanted a larger rebounder. I have the 39" Jumpsport. I just couldn't bite the bullet to order the Bellicon. I am excited!!
pmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-15, 08:40 PM  
alydinva

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoon View Post
I just ordered one. I really wanted a larger rebounder. I have the 39" Jumpsport. I just couldn't bite the bullet to order the Bellicon. I am excited!!
I'm excited for you and I'm trying hard to not cave!
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-15, 05:20 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoon View Post
I'm also excited for you. I don't think this one will work for my office given the that it's only rated for 220 lbs.

Old 08-14-15, 07:14 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
They claim the bounce space is 36 inches for the 48 inch which is about 6 inches more than my 44 inch Jumpsport 550.
Barb you said your 44" JS 550 has 30" of bounce space yet THIS 39" JS claims to have a 35.5" jumping surface. How can that be? Do they possibly count the pedal mat in that measurement? I'm not worried so much about frame size if I can get the same jumping surface in a smaller foot print. Of course this model is only rated for 250 pounds.

The compare feature on that page says that your mat is 37.5".

Ok, I just noticed they do include the pedal mat in the jumping surface measurement. Can you actually jump on the mat area?

Last edited by Lannette; 08-14-15 at 07:21 AM. Reason: auto correct correction then to add
Old 08-14-15, 08:49 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Barb you said your 44" JS 550 has 30" of bounce space yet THIS 39" JS claims to have a 35.5" jumping surface. How can that be? Do they possibly count the pedal mat in that measurement? I'm not worried so much about frame size if I can get the same jumping surface in a smaller foot print. Of course this model is only rated for 250 pounds.

Ok, I just noticed they do include the pedal mat in the jumping surface measurement. Can you actually jump on the mat area?
Lannette, that Jumpsport has the petal mat which supposedly allows you to jump on the pedals. Some folks can jump on the pedals, some find it annoying and can't jump on the petals. I used to have a 39" Jumpsport with the traditional mat (regular flap) and the true jumping surface was only 25". I could not jump on the flap of the mat. The 49" Bellicon (and I assume the 49" Chinese model) has a jump surface of 36" but if you include the flap, the mat is 40". With the 36" jumping surface, I can do full jumping jacks whereas I couldn't do it on the 25" jumping surface of my old Jumpsport.

By the way, I measured the diameter of the 49" frame tubing and it's 1 1/4" which is why the weight rating is so much higher. I measured the diameter of an old rebounder that I still have and that diameter is 1". I assume the Jumpsport is also 1".
Old 08-14-15, 08:54 AM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post

I hated the petal mat because my feet got caught up in the them. I felt like it was an accident waiting to happen. I wouldn't suggest jumping on that part of the mat.

Cheryl

Tags
bellicon, costco, jumpsport, probounce, reboundair, rebounder