Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-22, 06:34 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Fit Split Mixed Cardio/Pull Day and 20 minutes of yoga focused on hip strength. I am sore today!

Karjoy - It's nice to start getting back to a bit more normal activities, isn't it. When I went to the library this week, no one was wearing a mask (except for me )

Cher - How is your sister doing?

Hi to Vannie and Gibbee. Have a great day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 08:23 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff, good for you for wearing your mask at the library! I wear mine to all indoor locations too. I think cases of this new variant are slowly creeping up in some areas but thankfully cases are quite low here.

You know how hip thrusts are supposed to be excellent for hip and hamstring strength? Well if you don’t feel like getting out your barbell and step here is a great variation. from Burn and you can go heavy. Lie on your back with knees bent and heels together on the floor. Pick up a very heavy dumbbell. I got up to 45 pounds. You can roll to your side and roll the DB onto your hips. Then do hip raises. Works a bit of inner thigh too.

Resting today and doing Springtime 10k tomorrow.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-22, 04:47 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Les Mills Body Combat Invincible workout #14 + 15 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - I can't imagine putting a 45-lb dumbbell on my hip. I'll try that move with a lighter weight and see how that feels. Have fun at your race tomorrow.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 04-02-22, 08:23 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: did Springtime 10K this am as planned. I forgot how hilly it was and I had to walk a little but still had a blast and even finished with 2 of my faster friends. Less than an hour after the finish a thunderstorm started and they had to cancel the parade. It’s strangely chilly here too.

Jbliff good for you for doing Yoga almost every day.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-22, 07:35 AM  
JBliff

I took a rest day yesterday. Saturday's workout was an 80-minute walk with DH on a new trail that opened up near our house. It was somewhat scenic part of the way but the trail ended up mostly looping around this huge park where there were hundreds or people playing games and having a good time. It was interesting but we weren't necessarily looking to be around that many people so we probably won't do that trail again.

Karjoy - We've had pretty cool and windy weather here too. I'm glad you had a fun time on your run.