Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-22-22, 11:56 AM  
Vantreesta

It really was. Got my heart pumping.

So tell me, do I NEED Ripped With HIIT??
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-22, 07:13 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie, YES you need Ripped with HIIT. It is an excellent series. My fav is Rip It HIIT It, which is all legs, moderately heavy weights, with bursts of high intensity cardio. So much fun. Jbliff I’m sure you will agree.

I was thinking the same thing that Jbliff was, that snowshoeing in that deep snow must be a great cardio workout, plus legs. Whew.

35 minutes on the treadmill today and biceps, triceps, and shoulders with long blue Cathe band. I’m going back to Burn tomorrow for legs and I’m a little scared. Their leg work can be darn tough.

We are supposed to have a big storm tonight. Such is life in Florida.

Waves to Cher and Gibbee.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-22, 08:27 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. I took a rest day yesterday since we had company coming over for lunch and they stayed most of the afternoon. Our friends have not eaten out at a restaurant since the pandemic but they were OK with us dining outdoors at this nice Spanish restaurant within walking distance to our house. The weather was just beautiful, sunny and in the 60s.

Vannie - I think Ripped with HiiT is one of the best series Cathe has done. The strength work is good, and there are high impact and low impact HiiT workouts as well.

Karjoy
- I hope your weather didn't get too bad yesterday. We will be getting rain for the next couple of days but we'll still be in the 60s to 70s.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-22, 09:04 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: 40 minutes treadmill and biceps from Boss Bands total body. Still in the figuring out stage of what bands work best. They have a lot less stretch in some ways than the regular bands but I really like them.
Old 03-24-22, 10:05 AM  
Vantreesta

Okay, Ripped With HIIT is on my wish list! Thanks for enabling!

Tuesday I only did day 2 of the Qi Gong challenge. Yesterday I did day 3 plus my PT stuff. I had a chiro appt yesterday morning and almost went through the roof when he went for the hip flexors after I told him about the restriction I was feeling in my bad hip. I knew they and my quads were feeling tight on that side but I had no idea just how bad! He told me to get a lacrosse ball bc I need to use smthg harder than what I've tried before. My walking was so much freer after that and I could actually stay in reclined cobbler's pose without support under my thighs for as long as I was supposed to. Huzzah! I'm ordering a lacrosse ball today bc I couldn't find any at Walmart.

JB, nice that you could eat out with friends. I have a friend who hasn't eaten in a restaurant since this all started too. We were set to do so when we had to reschedule.

Karen, I bought the short loops but haven't really used them yet. I didn't get either of the workouts yet.

Miss you, Cheryl and Gibbee!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-22, 04:14 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was S&H Chest & Back + a walk in town with DH.

Vannie - Awesome that the PT helped you so much. I hope you like RwH if you get the set!

Karjoy - I like that the new bands don't stretch as much as the latex ones. Also they don't twist which I really like.

Waves to Cher and Gibbee. Have a good day, all.
Old 03-25-22, 09:54 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 35 minutes on the elliptical and 46 minutes of yoga focusing on leg strength.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 03-25-22, 04:47 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Somehow I missed yesterday which was a rest day. Today I went to Burn
For upper body and it was good. Lots of biceps, shoulders, triceps, slightly less back and chest. My arms were shaking at the end. Then I ran
40 minutes on the treadmill.

It is a beautiful day here! About 70 degrees, blue skies, low humidity and lots of sunshine. The kind of weather you dream about.

Vannie glad your hip is doing a lot better after that chiro session. Isn’t it weird that they often hit exactly the spot causing pain? I have a friend who is a PT who also recommends a Lacrosse ball to really get to certain areas. I guess it is a little harder and smaller? Do you think snowshoeing aggravated your hip?

Jbliff I had a band stretch and pop on me once so I always feel a bit watchful when I use them. It was NOT a Cathe band by the way. I was not injured, but surprised. The Boss Bands are high quality and feel much safer. Vannie you’re right, and I never thought of this, but they don’t twist either.

I hope all you ladies have the beautiful weather that we are forecast to have this weekend.
Old 03-26-22, 11:09 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Slow & Heavy Legs & Shoulders using my weighted vest.

Karjoy - Our weather this weekend is actually quite cool--40s and 50s. I actually did have a Cathe band snap on me (the firewalker green band). I have had it for years and used it all the time so I guess it just got weak. I bought a new green band from Cathe and it is way smaller in width than the old one, which is a shame.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 03-26-22, 07:45 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. I did a fun thing this morning. I volunteered at a 5K trail race that benefits a local elementary school boy with leukemia. There was a 1 mile too and lots of parents did that with their kids. A fair number of kids and their parents did the 5 k too. Our superintendent of schools was there and introduced the little boy who is now well enough to be outside with others. Such sweetness. I was out on the course directing people and it was beautiful on the grassy trail with perfect and cool but sunny conditions.

I did the stationary lunges, deadlifts, glute bridges, and single leg raises from Boss bands total body plus a bit on the mill.

Jbliff gosh Slow and Heavy is tough, and requires a lot of concentration too. Can’t imagine doing that with a weighted vest. Great job!

It is so beautiful this weekend that DH is playing golf both weekend days. It will soon be hot and less enjoyable and more tiring.

Waves to all.