Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-16-22, 08:15 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I got my Boss Bands and DVDs today! Did not have time to preview much except the trailers. Will preview more tomorrow. I did try out the green Boss Bands with some squats. I donít think I am ready for the blue Heavy bands yet. I did not know that the wider looking bands were just the full length bands doubled. Also did 45 minutes on the mill.

Our covid cases are quite low here. I will still wear masks always with patients and I no still wear them to stores. I just donít want to get sick.

Jbliff your weather sounds lovely!
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-22, 08:30 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast strength only premix + 16 minutes of yoga. I used my 12-lb weighted vest for the leg work and went heavier than Cathe on a few exercises. The latest Cathe newsletter talked about studies showing using heavy weights increasing bone density so I wanted to use heavier weights for a while.

Karjoy - I like the new total body band workout. Doing bicep curls with the blue and green bands are tough, especially when my left wrist still isn't 100% recovered. Are you seeing any of the new BA.2 variant? I read today it's almost 23% of all cases in the US, and over 38% of cases in the Northeast. Apparently Europe and South Korea is getting hit pretty hard.

We are still having great weather. It is raining today but we will be in the upper 70s to mid 60s the rest of this week and next.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-22, 08:16 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Did 30 minutes on the mill and then a couple exercises from Boss Band total body. Had a bit of trouble getting getting my upstairs DVD player set up. Cathe and crew were in black and white! DH helped me but he could not get color either so we will work on it tomorrow. I really like the bands a lot. I am starting off with the green bands at first.

Jbliff I hear this new variant is picking up but I canít canít get much data for our area. Months ago Florida started reporting their stats just once a week, late on Friday so I will check tomorrow. I feel uneasy for some reason and I hope that does not mean much. Itís just feeling a bit scary as immunity from vaccines seems to wane after a few months. Good job on going heavy on the weights. I wonder when the new workouts will be ready.

Waves to all.
Old 03-18-22, 07:51 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Perfect30 Low Impact HiiT + extended stretch.

Karjoy - That's weird the workout is playing in black & white. Good luck getting the DVD player to work. Glad you are enjoying the bands. I can't imagine the new workouts will be ready before winter.

Old 03-19-22, 01:12 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I went back to Burn Boot Camp this am and today it was core. I was a little nervous about 45 minutes of core but it went fine. Our cases are low enough I feel ok. We did ball roll ins, planks of several kinds, some Burpees and med ball slams. Great workout!

Jbliff I just gave up on that DVD player, found another, and Cathe and crew are in color! Yippee! I did 55 minutes on the treadmill yesterday. I no am doing a maintenance plan where you run at a comfortable pace most days. Only occasional speedwork. This helps you maintain aerobic gains but minimizes stress. Have to do 35 min today and tomorrow and I will do one of the Cathe boss bands tomorrow.

It poured rain and we had thunder and lightning almost all night last night. Still raining some.

Jbliff I bet youíre right. I donít think we will see STS till winter.

Vannie how are you doing? When is the snowshoeing?

Cher, Joseph has his colonoscopy soon, right? Thinking of you.

Gibbee check in when you can.
Old 03-20-22, 03:49 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys! Not sure why I haven't posted. I guess I spend too much time playing word games, Sudoku and logic problems when I'm at the computer! We had a great time on our snowshoeing trip. We didn't put in as many miles as in the past but that's okay. It was good to get away with hubby and see him relax and enjoy himself for a few days anyway. And we had our white chocolate chai! Workouts have been going well and I even ran on the hotel treadmill Monday after snowshoeing in the morning. I've run twice outside since we got home and it was awesome.

Sat 3/12 150 minutes
116 minutes (from snowshoeing 2.31 mi with hubby at MLSP) snow up to our knees for part
24 minutes (from PT stuff & massage tools)
10 minutes (from 1 dog walks .68 mi)

Sun 3/13 152 minutes
152 minutes (from snowshoeing 3.91 mi with hubby at BHLSP)

Mon 3/14 186 minutes UP NORTH
124 minutes (from snowshoeing 3.37 mi with hubby at SB trails)
31 minutes (from 2.32 mi run on tm for 10k trainer wk2 day1/Zombies Run S3M49)
21 minutes (from L. Fightmaster -Full Body Yoga Stretch for Flexibility, YT) 1st time?
10 minutes (from PT stuff)

Tue 3/15 16 minutes UP NORTH
16 minutes (from a dog walk 1.06 mi)

Wed 3/16 99 minutes
23 minutes (from PT stuff)
7 minutes (from Human 2.0 Fitness -MOVEMENT CHALLENGE - Day 11 | Mobility Training & Injury Prevention Exercises, YT) 1st time
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT)
9 minutes (from Dr. Bri FemFusion Progressive Relaxation for Pelvic Floor, YT (1st time)
47 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.22 mi)

Thu 3/17 133 minutes
15 minutes (from PT stuff)
9 minutes (from C. Jordan Better Butt Bodyweight Workout part 2 Floor Series, YT)
31 minutes (from 2.49 mi run for 10k trainer wk2 day2/Zombies Run S3M50/Twins spring training!!)
11 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
9 minutes (from H. Clare Run Better With Yoga -Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, YT)
20 minutes (from M. Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice)
38 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.72 mi)

Fri 3/18 146 minutes
12 minutes (from FemFusion The Pelvic Floor Matters At-Home Kegel Camp, Day 10, YT) 1st time
12 minutes (from Movement Parallels Life -Primal Movement | Fun Bodyweight Workout | MOVE, FEEL, and LOOK your BEST in 2022, YT) 1st time
12 minutes (from C. Jordan Hamstring Tendonitis Pain: Exercises That Will Help Heal Your Hamstrings part 2, YT)
10 minutes (from J. Miller YTU Quick Fix Rx Lower Body Series-feet & ankles)
16 minutes (from L. Sansone WAKE UP & Walk! Week 7 | Walk At Home YouTube Workout Series | Mini Walk with HIIT Training and Full Body Stretch, YT)
13 minutes (from L. Brooks 21-Day Squat Challenge warmup + day 11)
13 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -The Ultimate Everyday Yoga Stretch & Flow | 30 Day Yoga Challenge 2022 | DAY 10, YT) 1st time
7 minutes (from Yoga Treat 21-Day Yin Yoga Pose Challenge day 4-seal pose, YT) 1st time
15 minutes (from PT stuff)
36 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.52 mi)

Sat 3/19 120 minutes
31 minutes (from 2.48 mi run for 10k trainer wk2 day3/Zombies Run S3M51)
25 minutes (from foam rolling lower body)
29 minutes (from Yoga for Runners post-run practice from memory + extra)
35 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.4 mi)
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!
Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Word for 2022: Consistency
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-22, 07:30 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie your snowshoe trip sounds awesome! And sounds like you got in good mileage. Sounds like a lot of work but fun too. And you did tons of other workouts this week too.

35 minutes on the treadmill for me, and from Cathe Boss Bands total body I did the shrugs, upright rows, arm circles and back. I really liked the arm circles. Very different. I actually thought the music was not too bad as well.

Out of time. Night yaíll.
Old 03-21-22, 08:11 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Slow & Heavy Triceps + Biceps + abs and 25 minutes on the elliptical. It's been years since I did S&H and it's amazing how lifting very slowly makes you aware of any strength imbalance you have in your arms.

Vannie - It sounds like you had a great time on your snowshoeing trip!

Karjoy - Glad you were able to get a new DVD player quickly.

Old 03-21-22, 03:51 PM  
Vantreesta

It really was a good trip. Where we were breaking trail it was often up to our knees and it was kind of a weird snow bc it was like a crust that I would step up on and then have to push my leg down with my hands to break through. I didn't just step up and put my weight on it bc sinking that way meant falling. It reminded me why it's suggested to do step ups with ankle weights for training! It was so fun!

Today I ran 2.15 mi for wk3 day1 of 10k trainer, day 1 of Lee Holden's free 5-day Qi Gong challenge, Caroline Jordan Tight Psoas & SI Joint Exercise Routine (new to me), and ball/foam rolling.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!
Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Word for 2022: Consistency
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-22, 11:09 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was RwH Low Impact HiiT #2 + 35 minutes of yoga.

Vannie - I bet that was a good workout to have to walk through such deep snow.

Hi to everyone. Have a good day.