Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-27-22, 07:32 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - The Only Way I'll Drop 10 Pounds Is If I Go Shopping in England. 3/27

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-22, 07:42 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks, Laura, for another funny title !

It's ridiculously cold outside again - 13 F now! Brrrr! I so want to have spring weather here! Nothing formally planned here other than a dog walk with Gus. I'll be watering orchids and houseplants and putzing around. I did take Adelija and her friend to the Russian grocery store yesterday and they stocked up on favorite foods and candies. I got some candy that i used to have at home as a kid .

Laura, sounds like you're on the temperature swing - our swing has stopped in the bottom backwards position - we'll likely be cold for the next predicted two weeks . Adelija is doing some interviews for the yearbook team. She might be arranging some photos for it also - I heard Gus will be in the yearbook .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 03-27-22, 03:10 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I Maxine! This theme especially cracks me up.

It has been a nice Sunday. We went to church virtually and then I went to Wegmans for a pick up this morning. This afternoon, we are working together to cook spaghetti sauce. DH's recipe simmers for a long time and it's smelling really good.

Looking out the window, it looks like a bright and sunny and cool day. It is, but you can't see the breeze making it feel much cooler than it is. We've mainly been inside taking care of things except for my trip to Wegmans.

Anita - Gus is going to be famous! He can put a yearbook appearance on his resume, if it happens. Two weeks of this cold? Ugh! Spring really is coming!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-22, 08:33 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No workout for me today. We got back from the cruise yesterday. We had a good time but DH caught a cold the day before the last day. Of course I now have it too. He did a COVID test when we got home - not COVID just an ordinary cold. I have a runny nose and a nasty cough and didn’t get much of anything done today and probably won’t tomorrow either.

Hope your area warms up soon, Anita. Pat Gus on the head and get his autograph for me. Got a go blow my nose now.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-22, 07:39 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus and maybe calling the vet for an appointment for him to check out his left hip - it's acting pretty arthritic still. Otherwise planning on putzing around. My waterfowl nursery duties pretty much got cancelled this year . There's a Highly Pathogenic Avian influenza (HPAI) outbreak in the midwest and east coast of the US and all susceptible species are getting euthanized on admission to the WRC - this is in consultation with USDA, state agencies, and other wildlife hospitals. So no nursery this year . It might clear by July. There's big flocks of domestic birds getting euthanized also... I'll be working on some home projects this spring then like re-staining my back deck.

Laura, sounds like very spaghetti sauce! I don't do much in that area other than open and heat a jar of it from the grocery store . Easter is very late this year also - I already ate all the Easter candy I picked up at the candy store . I'll just have to restock next month!

Welcome back, Paula! Glad your DH just has a cold, not Covid, but sorry you're joining him in this fun .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 03-28-22, 05:42 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

What a busy day. This morning, I put on a load of clothes and then had a Zoom training session. Once that was over, I went to Walmart for a pick up. I came home and had lunch in time for Dad to pick me up in the early afternoon and we went to the YMCA for an hour of exercise. It felt good. I came home and have done various things around the house. I'm hoping this evening will be a little more laid back.

Paula - Welcome back. I'm sorry you are sick. I hope you get over it quickly.

Anita - That's too bad about the avian flu. I hope they can stop it quickly. Hopefully, the vet can figure out what's going on with Gus' hip.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-28-22, 08:43 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Hello everyone. I didn’t accomplish a darn thing today. I spent most of the day in bed sick and when I wasn’t in bed I was fetching tissues. At last my nose isn’t running as much as this time yesterday. I do have a painful cough going on.

Anita, just reading about destroying that many birds makes me want to cry. I love the wild birds. They can’t all be sick. Very sad.
Old 03-29-22, 07:37 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I took Gus for a walk yesterday and he was very lame the rest of the day . I did stop by the vet's and they gave me an anti-inflammatory (Rimadyl) and a glucosamine-chondroitin supplement. Today he's walking better. Luckily no visit was needed so I just bought the drugs.

Today I'll be getting together with friends to walk Gus - hopefully things will go a bit better than yesterday. I'll be going for my haircut and stopping by Trader Joe's for some groceries. This evening I'll be taking my bike in for work to try to get ready for trying some biking this summer. It's been 3 years at least since I've biked with my knee and hip replacements behind me, I'm hoping to be able to bike again.

Oh, there was a news article about the WRC dealing with the bird flu https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2022/...from-bird-flu/

Laura, you're getting to be a gym girl! I'm debating whether to make it official and join a gym or not... Frankly I haven't done well with an exercise program at home which seems to be the theme for VF . I do still have some exercise equipment here though.

Paula, sorry about this nasty cold taking it out of you. A lot of what the WRC takes in is sick animals, which may have the bird flu, and with the waterfowl hatchlings, if mom duck died because of illness, the babies aren't reliable for their health. It'll be a sad spring not to have the hatchlings there .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 03-29-22, 05:08 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This morning was a lazy one. Then, this afternoon I went and ran errands for much of the afternoon. I forgot to send the Zoom link to the guy I was supposed to have a session with this evening until late afternoon and he got upset with me and cancelled. I should have sent it earlier, but I had no idea he would be watching his personal email all day for it while he was at work. Oh well.

Paula - I hope you feel a little better today. While you are sick, you are doing exactly what you should be doing while you are resting!

Anita - I hope Gus did better today and you enjoyed getting a haircut. I used to exercise at home all the time and now can't seem to get the motivation. Like you said, it seems to be a theme here at VF. Well, except for Paula...

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-29-22, 08:08 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No workout again today, I’m still sick. I had an awful night last night, couldn’t get comfortable no matter what I did. I ended up getting up at midnight and I resting/dozing in my recliner.

Since we seem to be talking about the merits of exercising at home or joining a gym. I still prefer to exercise at home. I like to keep fit and I am too lazy to go to a gym. When I have gone it always seemed to me that going to a gym took up about two hours to get in a 45 minute workout. At home I just walk into the back bedroom, slip on my exercise clothes and do my thing.

Anita, I am glad the drugs helped Gus. It’s sad to think of him slowing down. I hope he did better on todays walk. I definitely think bike riding qualifies as a good workout. I had an exercise bike for something like 30:years and only got rid of it when it finally fell apart. I’d prefer bike riding outside if there wasn’t so much traffic around here.

Laura, sorry that client got so angry with you. I hope he doesn’t leave a negative review on Yelp or wherever.

Gotta go, it’s only 6pm but I’m headed back to bed. Hope I can get more sleep
tonight.