Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-28-22, 10:34 PM  
OSusanna

Thank you Kim! I think I have similar but different workouts. I found my other dvd. It’s called Step Across America and again the sessions are titled by city.

I appreciate your info!
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-22, 10:23 AM  
Mickey12

I had the Step Across America dvd also. I just gave it away with share the wealth because the workouts were the same except for a few exceptions. The Oregon workout on the single disc is a beginner, sort of instructional workout. On the big set, it was refilmed and it is a totally different workout. There is another workout that may be different. On the face of it, one was filmed in sun and one was filmed in clouds. I don’t know if the choreography is the same or not.
Old 02-01-22, 09:02 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

The SAA 10 dvd set is now available at Total Fitness for 67.00. Good deal with the 10off and free shipping. Seriously eyeballing these, love shorter cardio workouts with outdoor scenery.
Old 02-01-22, 09:32 PM  
Vantreesta

I still want both sets but holding off till I see what Cathe has coming!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-22, 10:46 AM  
bubbles76

Would you say Coast to Coast volume 1 is easier, harder, or about the same as the Original Step Across America? Or the newer one with all 50 states? And how is the video quality? One review on Amazon said that the video quality on Coast to Coast was poor.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-22, 06:39 PM  
Mickey12

Bubbles I didn’t have the Coast to Coast DVD so I don’t know about the video quality on it. The video quality on the big set and Step Across America is fine IMO. The camera is static though, so there isn’t any change in the camera angles, etc.

I believe the intensity is pretty much the same among the three videos. The only difference is the Oregon workout on the single disc Step Across America. That one is clearly a beginner, with more instruction, workout.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-03-22, 07:34 AM  
bubbles76

Thanks Mickey!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 02-03-22, 10:52 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
One review on Amazon said that the video quality on Coast to Coast was poor.
As an aside because I just previewed Coast to Coast Vol. 1, I would say the video output isn't consistent within the workouts in Coast to Coast.
The NY workout is overcast. Although Jenny's features are clearly visible, the audio is muddled throughout the workout. Her mic appears to be poorly positioned and picking up all the wind and her own hair feedback. ( I'm glad to hear she replaced this workout in the larger set.)

The San Francisco has good audio and the bridge is in the background but slightly foggy. Although it's a mostly sunny day, for some reason Jenny's face stays in shadow and is indistinguishable throughout the workout.

The Hawaii workout is mostly sunny and clear with good audio. A cloud or two might cast a shadow but nothing significant. Jenny's face is visible throughout the workout.

None of the workouts rise to the sharpness/clarity you might see in a Gaiam or Gilad outdoor workouts. I will say it gives me a new appreciation for the production quality of Gilad's oceanside workouts and how expensive and difficult that must be to accomplish.

However, I can't agree with the review that says it's 'poor' quality. To me there's a marked difference between "poor" and 'not as good as' other productions released. These are fine, not great, but fine as far as quality.

The camera angle is fixed in all of the coast to coast volume 1 workouts. Not a deal breaker for me but I get why others would prefer to see some variety.

I look forward to trying them!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-22, 07:53 AM  
bubbles76

Thanks FOLV! I ordered In case I have to wait awhile for Jenny's bigger set to come down in price. I'm saving up my amazon credits for either Cathe's or Jessica's newest sets, so Jenny will have to wait.
Old 02-04-22, 08:04 AM  
Mickey12

Just popping to respond to Linda’s comments on the production aspects. Totally agree with everything she said. I sort of forgot that these are filmed with less attention to the finer aspects. There are some workouts in the walk set where Jenny is totally in shadows and you can’t see her face at all. It’s just something you have to accept. These are filmed more like what I would consider YouTube quality than professional video quality.

Tags
jenny ford, step across america