Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-26-21, 05:26 PM  
Lori_Michigan

My doggy likes to drop his toys on my workout mat about every 5 minutes, so he's kind of a participant I guess...

Other than him, nope.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 05:45 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
My doggy likes to drop his toys on my workout mat about every 5 minutes, so he's kind of a participant I guess...

Other than him, nope.
Awww. Cute! My dogs just want to lick my face when I'm doing anything on the floor. Other than that, I workout solo. Oh, my dh will pop in occasionally to comment on something he overheard the instructor say (or mis-overheard) and make me laugh.
Old 02-26-21, 06:18 PM  
fanofladyvols

I have occasionally walked with friends but it's hard to coordinate times.

My daughter will occasionally join me and it's super fun when she does.

When the weather is better, my husband will walk with me but he needs a leisurely pace.

My kitty is a constant source of encouragement and all sorts of antics! I love when I do downward dog and she's all of a sudden underfoot scraping my belly with her tail. When I do classical stretch she's most likely to come dashing in or out. I think she thinks I'm taunting her? I'm not really sure why it gets her so riled.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 06:48 PM  
upperwside

I used to workout with my best friend. I was more advanced than her, so she liked more intermediate or beginner workouts and I like intermediate to advance. Her son who was in my daughter's class at school started sexually humiliating my daughter (told the class that my daughter said things she didn't say, he did the same with other girls as well).. They were both in 5th grade when it stared. She wanted to hear nothing of it.. I tried to talk to her about it and she pretended it was nothing. After the school getting involved and she still didn't want to acknowledge what was going on.. I lost it on her and ended that friendship. I'm now happy to do my own thing and not worry about someone else. I realized she was a burden and I didn't look as forward to my workouts. Never again will I have a friend as a workout partner. I do workout with my kids here and there.. But that's fun!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 08:22 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Awww. Cute! My dogs just want to lick my face when I'm doing anything on the floor. Other than that, I workout solo. Oh, my dh will pop in occasionally to comment on something he overheard the instructor say (or mis-overheard) and make me laugh.
My doggy will also lick my face if I'm down on the mat. He can't figure out for the life of him why I'm down there and it really puzzles him!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 08:53 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
No, unfortunately.

My daughter doesn't want to exercise, she works at Starbucks part time and feels she gets enough exercise being on her feet. I've told her that isn't enough, she should at least do some yoga, but so far, she isn't too interested.

My husband has an active job. Which is a positive in that he is extremely healthy. However, he is always too tired to do anything physical. I wish we could hike or go for walks sometimes.
I forgot, my cats join me sometimes. One of them will jump on my back when I’m on all fours!

I have to admit, I don’t really want a workout partner. But I would like to go on walks with my family.
Old 02-26-21, 09:05 PM  
Helen

I have two.

My dog buddy (std poodle) has a long rope that we each hold to play tug during cardio workouts (including step) and she'll bring me a ball to toss when she's bored with that - can send it down 2 flights of stairs from the gym - great workout for her too!

My human buddy (woman I met at the dog park) started coming to my house 3x/week in May 2019. Then covid hit & we parted ways. Switched to FaceTime on the phone, set under the TV to view the room. We hit PLAY at the same time so we do the same workout together. Since doing it at home, she wants to workout MORE often. We'll continue this way as she's discovered how great it is not to leave home & has set up a space for it. It's more roomy for both of us this way.

She's ~20 yrs younger than me, so expect we won't be 'breaking up' any time soon. We get together with our dogs & husbands intermittently as well.

Two daughters (now 23) were never willing to workout with me & husband regards sweating akin to going to the toilet - something one does ALONE.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 09:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Pahla B is my workout buddy, LOL!

But, seriously, my daughter and I walk at least once on the weekend and for a pretty good distance - up to 5 miles. Sometimes we'll walk both weekend days. We always liked to walk together, but w/ COVID that is really about all we can do that feels safe. Even though cases are down and everyone is wearing masks, I'm not too eager to put myself indoors with others for any length of time - so basically, no recreational shopping or movies or indoor restaurants. So, we are left w/ walking, which isn't a bad thing.

I also walk my doggie -

And, sometimes my DH will want to walk...

But for other types of workouts it is me and whoever my current fitness guru is at the time.

Donna

Also, my workout space is on the smaller side, so it wouldn't be easy to fit more than one person in there at at time and still be able to move around effectively. I suppose if there was really interest we could move to a bigger space, but I don't think my DH or DD wants to do videos with me.
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 11:12 AM  
prettyinpink

Sometimes one of my kids. I take walks with husband and kids, too.

On my gym days I sometimes wish I had a gym buddy. I don’t always want to go and having to for someone else would provide some motivation. But I can’t have consistent times to go because of working around family schedules, so it would be hard to coordinate with anyone else.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 11:56 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
I used to workout with my best friend. I was more advanced than her, so she liked more intermediate or beginner workouts and I like intermediate to advance. Her son who was in my daughter's class at school started sexually humiliating my daughter (told the class that my daughter said things she didn't say, he did the same with other girls as well).. They were both in 5th grade when it stared. She wanted to hear nothing of it.. I tried to talk to her about it and she pretended it was nothing. After the school getting involved and she still didn't want to acknowledge what was going on.. I lost it on her and ended that friendship. I'm now happy to do my own thing and not worry about someone else. I realized she was a burden and I didn't look as forward to my workouts. Never again will I have a friend as a workout partner. I do workout with my kids here and there.. But that's fun!
YIKES! That's terrible. I'm glad you ended that friendship!

Tags
workout buddy, workout partner