Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-26-21, 08:43 AM  
Mickey12

My husband I will go on walks together. We used to do it more frequently but since he joined a gym, that's where he gets most of his exercise. I've been exercising alone at home for 30 years (with gym memberships sporadically throughout), so that's normal for me.

I think it's great that some people have long time workout buddies but I don't think it would work for me. I enjoy exercising alone to DVDs.
Old 02-26-21, 11:02 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I wish I could workout with my DH but he likes "puke in the bucket" workouts that are too hard for me and he wouldn't consider doing my wussy workouts.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 11:05 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Nope.

DH (who also does fitness videos) is a very advanced exerciser. I'm in to more moderate workouts. I think once or twice we've done stretch videos together.

We do hike together on trips.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 11:12 AM  
Izzy

My co-worker/neighbor joined me on walks last summer. I like to go early in the morning, so we compromised and we start at 6:30 and we go 3x a week together. She does not like the cold and will not walk in ice or snow. But before the snow came I got her out there as low as 18. It's nice to have company a few days a week and the other days I listen to my books so it's a good balance.

My boss/director and I will walk together at lunch a couple days a week as well.
Old 02-26-21, 12:07 PM  
kat999

I go on hikes and walks with my husband; I'm more intermediate-level and he keeps things very light, so while on hikes and strolls around the neighborhood we stick together, if we go out on a bike path I do jogging intervals and power walks, while he goes more leisurely. He also does stationary biking and while I've tried it, I just don't connect with it. Very occasionally he'll be on his bike while I do a workout video in the same room, and we used to sometimes do Leslie walks together, but he doesn't connect with those and finds them dull. I tried to get him into Jari Love but he found it too challenging. Pre-COVID, we did take yoga classes together.
Old 02-26-21, 12:52 PM  
alisoncooks

Nope. Sometimes I drag my teens on a walk or hike, or make them do a walking or stretch video with me.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 01:18 PM  
edensmom

I have in the past but (with a few exceptions) it wasn't really very beneficial or fun for me. What has happened in the past is a friend or acquaintance will have an exercise goal, and lacking the discipline or know how or whatever, seeks out someone with a known fitness routine to act as sort of a personal trainer. I've been expected to design the routine, tailor it to their level and do it on their schedule. I just don't have the time or inclination to do that, that's literally what a personal trainer does.
I used to have a friend who I attended boutique fitness classes with twice a week. That was fun.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 01:33 PM  
sherry7899

Edensmom, did you return to vf recently? I remember (if I am thinking of the right person) that your avatar was a beautiful black and white photo. I am glad to see you posting.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 03:45 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Edensmom, did you return to vf recently? I remember (if I am thinking of the right person) that your avatar was a beautiful black and white photo. I am glad to see you posting.
Sherry I did just come back not too long ago! I'd been working out at the gym almost exclusively since 2016 and covid brought me full circle back to my dvds. I am having so much fun with it. I once had an avatar but I absolutely can't recall what it may have been, lol..thanks for the welcome!
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 04:25 PM  
jbrigid
VF Supporter

Smile Several...

Hello! My husband gets on the treadmill while I use dvds and youtube workouts. I have a friend in Fl (I live in Indiana) who I check in with daily. We share our workouts, food intake, and general chit-chat. I meet with a trainer once a week and she is definitely an excellent resource. Very happy to have these people in my life!

Tags
workout buddy, workout partner