Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-27-21, 07:28 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict...I burst out laughing with your cage comment. If you only knew how opposite that scenario would be for me in my life. I’m pretty straight and narrow. Didn’t even have my first drink until I was 21. Rule follower here. Just a regular club that featured the best dancers in the cages I guess. Ha ha.

Bee and Kim...glad you enjoyed the basic hip hop step. She’s creating a more advanced one for this week I believe. And Kim I absolutely love her music! I have similar taste to Kat. I don’t always know the songs either but a great beat really motivates me.

Garrie... wish I could take your double step class. Sounds so much fun!
Jealous of the Peloton ride. Miss my cycling classes so much!

Manleym... I may have been able to lift a little heavier in that Anna workout. But you ladies are definitely much stronger than I am. I’m going to check out that yoga/stretch you recommended. I prefer more stretching.

Kittybug, Kim and Cataddict...love your kitty antics. And glad your cats are feeling better Kittybug

Also impressed with the push-up progress! It’s a weaker area for me so I’m following everyone’s suggestions and I have been doing elevated push-ups as a modification when possible instead of my knees. Many of the new instructors do a lot of bodyweight including many variations of push-ups. Hoping to see an improvement over time.

I’ll check back later with my workout. I was out shoveling the nuisance snow we got this morning.

Edited to add that I did Growing Annanas’ HIIT workout from Friday. Three circuits repeated once. I find the 50 seconds on, 10 seconds off quite challenging for many moves. I worked up a nice sweat in 30 minutes. I like that she does mostly 40 minute workouts including warm-up and stretch. No dread factor. I also like the variety of moves. I usually can keep pace and don’t need to modify on the routines I have done so far. And the music is good too. I still prefer Cathe’s style for cueing and motivation. I miss hearing the instructor’s voice but J am getting more accustomed to it.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 11:11 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Manleym...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful fun day!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 11:12 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Ahem, [clears throat and whispers] I was paid to dance in a cage at a club once (with clothes on, thank you very much). That's all I'm saying. We now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 11:13 AM  
ChelePA

Manleym...I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!
Old 02-27-21, 11:24 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Ahem, [clears throat and whispers] I was paid to dance in a cage at a club once (with clothes on, thank you very much). That's all I'm saying. We now return to your regularly scheduled programming.
Oh my!!! This group always makes me smile! I’ll bet you were one of the best with your background. Love it!
Old 02-27-21, 12:16 PM  
horusosiris

Manleym- Happy Birthday to You
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 12:57 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
mmm 'kay, whatever you say. No judgment here, girl. You do you. And you too, Chele.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 02:03 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Oh! The exciting life you have led!

horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 02:37 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Birthday Manleym!!!

Do you have a special day planned? Some yummy cake and ice cream, maybe?

Oh my gosh you guys crack me up! Strip clubs, cage dancing, and fight night.... for the win!!

On the vaccines..... for kittybug and Garrie, I have read that the bad reactions are apparently more prevalent for younger people, oddly enough. I am wary of it simply because it is a new delivery system -- they've been testing it for 30 years, but this is not like vaccines we've had in the past. Still, I'll be getting it as soon as I can. We're still at 65 or older here.

That double step looks like a lot of fun! I guess because it's mostly just done in clubs where people have a second step available. Thanks for the video clip!

manleym, thanks much for the stretchy yoga pointer -- I will keep that in my back pocket. I do not mind ommm's. It's when they are over the top that it starts to get to me.

kittybug, I did the Travis Humble Warrior from youtube today and really liked it. I noticed that on Inner Dimension his "humble warrior" class is only an hour. I stopped before the meditation which was the last twenty minutes. I would have liked to have done that but ran out of time. Sorry you are not feeling well but hopefully it's nothing and you just needed a rest day.

cataddict, glad to hear your calf seems to be healing. I cannot believe you can handle Afterburn in your state...... you are mighty fierce!!

I'm hoping I might convince someone here to go for a walk with me today -- it's gorgeous out here. Have a good one! Can't wait to hear about manleym's birthday celebration!
Old 02-27-21, 03:15 PM  
lavna

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANLEYM.
I hope you have a great day!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in