Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-26-21, 08:47 PM  
Mickey12

Horusosirus My heart hurts for you and I can totally relate to the way you're feeling and how you describe your family get togethers. My family used to be like that and it was a great blessing. I have a lot of good memories of those times. Sadly for me it was many years ago and we no longer get together like that. But at least your family is still close in spirit and there will come a time soon when you can be together again. Hang in there. It's just so hard now. I hope your gloomy feelings pass soon.

ChelePA tonight I did the Kat step intermediate #6 that you recommended. Her workouts are great! When one of the cats happens to wander through the frame it just makes me smile! This one was really fun, I picked up the steps easily and the music was good. LOVE that there are no commercials mid way through. Thanks for the recommendation.

I had an idea for Fun Friday. I don't know how many of you have Cathe's 4 Day Split, but I really like the step workouts in this series. I think they are really Fun! Does anybody want to do either of the step workouts? Or, there is a double step cardio premix that is really fun. It's about an hour. Thoughts?
Old 01-26-21, 08:49 PM  
ChelePA

Horusosirius...I completely understand. Whoever thought it would be well over a year before we even come close to some sense of normal. My family spends lots of time together too. I’m missing them so much. Sending virtual hugs and positive vibes.

This board really helps keep me motivated. Love reading about all the different instructors. I don’t think I would’ve ever branched out from Cathe if it wasn’t for all of you. I have so found some incredible workouts on YouTube. Cathe is still number one in my book but I’m loving the variety.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 08:50 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Horusosirus My heart hurts for you and I can totally relate to the way you're feeling and how you describe your family get togethers. My family used to be like that and it was a great blessing. I have a lot of good memories of those times. Sadly for me it was many years ago and we no longer get together like that. But at least your family is still close in spirit and there will come a time soon when you can be together again. Hang in there. It's just so hard now. I hope your gloomy feelings pass soon.

I had an idea for Fun Friday. I don't know how many of you have Cathe's 4 Day Split, but I really like the step workouts in this series. I think they are really Fun! Does anybody want to do either of the step workouts? Or, there is a double step cardio premix that is really fun. It's about an hour. Thoughts?
I love 4DS and the step routines. I’m in!
Old 01-26-21, 08:52 PM  
Mickey12

ChelePA I was editing my post when you posted just now. I did Kat's intermediate step #6. Loved it! Thanks. Oh, and I forgot to mention that Kat's step workouts remind me a little of Christi Taylor's workouts. If you've never tried any of Christi's workouts, I know you would love them. They're super, super fun.
Old 01-26-21, 09:48 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
ChelePA I was editing my post when you posted just now. I did Kat's intermediate step #6. Loved it! Thanks. Oh, and I forgot to mention that Kat's step workouts remind me a little of Christi Taylor's workouts. If you've never tried any of Christi's workouts, I know you would love them. They're super, super fun.
Thanks. I’ll need to check her out. I think I might do 4DS Kickboxing tomorrow for the Wednesday workout since you reminded me how much I love this series. If I have time, I’ll do the leg section as well. Glad you enjoyed Kat. Never any dread factor with her fun workouts.
Old 01-26-21, 11:49 PM  
fanofladyvols

horusosiris it's okay to feel down...and for all this to get to you. It's totally understandable and I'm sorry it's affecting your motivation.

Sending you hugs...and VERY faint cowbell daling dalings..hope that helps knowing we understand and don't want you to stay down

(I do this by holding the bells differently...alert Mississippi State fans..you CAN swing a cowbell quietly.)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 11:52 PM  
fanofladyvols

kim I'll join you Friday for a 4DS ..I may only do the warmup so I can stay on track with my MA60 workout ☺️

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 09:55 AM  
manleym

Horusosirus thanks for sharing with us. Your family is so very close and this has been so long and hard not being together. Sending hugs your way. And totally understand and agree about not being motivated. Some days it's just so very hard, but then I remember this group. I remember that we are all doing the same workout (or type of workout) on the same day, so I need to show up. We encourage, support, and motivate one another. And I am grateful!

Kim I was thinking a step workout would be fun for Fun Friday! Great minds! I was actually thinking about one of Christi's but LOVE the step routines from 4 Day Split. I'll probably do the premix that combines both workouts.

ChelePA you do need to check out Christi Taylor. She isn't as intense as other instructors, but TONS of fun! I was going to suggest her for Fun Friday so maybe next week? She has a couple of workouts on Youtube so everyone take a look and see if there's one you'd like to do next Friday.

Good idea to do 4 Day Split kickbox and legs for today's kickbox workout. I love this series too! Bee, you up for 4DS kickbox today? That is, if you have power. GRR!! That is SOOO FRUS-TRA-TING!!!!

Kittbug aren't ya just loving Poldark! It is SO GOOD! And like Cataddict said, the scenery is absolutely breathtaking! Thanks for the rec for Radium Girls. I haven't heard of it and will check it out!

Fanofladyvols yay you'll be joining us for 4DS on Friday! Do what you can!

For TwoFer Tuesday yesterday I did Caroline's 5 Minute Warm Up Routine, her Supersets HiiT workout, and finally Heather Robertson’s Brutal HiiT Workout Legs, Glutes + Thighs. They were GREAT workouts! Heather's is a great add on for a quick, tough lower body workout. It isn't long but there are no rests, so that keeps the intensity up. She alternates between a HiiT and weight move, like in Cathe's Ripped with HiiT Lower Body Circuit, meaning that the HiiT move and the weight move are similar. So you would do squat jumps for the HiiT move, and goblet squats for the weight move. It tied in with Caroline's Supersets really well because in both workouts each move is repeated 3 times. So the two workouts complimented each other. I would TOTALLY recommend both workouts! But combine them and you'll have an AWESOME 50 minute-ish HiiT/lower body workout.

Gotta run for now. Hugs and waves to everyone!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 10:45 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Just quickly sending a virtual hug to Horusosiris. I always envy your stories of gatherings because we don't have family nearby, and I enjoy hearing about all of your activities, even the remote ones. I too hurt for you that you've been missing out all year and are having a hard time. Hugs to you, my friend!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 12:29 PM  
Mickey12

Just popping in quickly to say to ChelePA if you decide to do a Christi Taylor workout from Youtube for Fun Friday next week, I would recommend either Totally Hot Cardio or Solid Gold Cardio. These are both hi/lo. There are some other ones, including step workouts, but of the ones I found, these two are my favorites. Fierce Watulans please feel free to chime in with your recommendations.

Ok, I also have to say ChelePA that I think you would also love Michelle Dozois. Linda was kind enough to let me know that her Peak10 set with the band is only $34.95 at Mary's site. That is an awesome deal! I love this set and I think you should get it. I really, really do!

Tags
watulan check-in