Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-18-21, 11:38 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Bee, we both did Imax 3 Sunday!! Yay us, hah!!! Just had to pop in here and say that. Oh, and I agree it's more a Slogging Sunday than Fun Friday workout...but I'm trying to change that. More later!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 01:33 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

I did Shovel Max on Saturday but we only got a couple inches of snow so I pushed it all out of the driveway with my push shovel.

Today I started Week 3 of MBF. MBF Day 17 Upper + Day 15 Lower Body Burn together again. Slight increases in weights and some similar moves but nice slower pace so you can go heavier.
I read the GD thread about MBF and MBFA - Kathy has enabled me before. I'm hoping that the Advanced workouts will still be fun even though Kathy said there was some dread.

Tomorrow I have decided to tackle Cardio Fusion!!

Hello to all...short on time today but shout-outs and hugs to all you fierce folks! LOVE YOUR WORKOUTS!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 03:42 PM  
ChelePA

I’ve been a step junkie the past few days. Back to weights tomorrow. Step just makes me happy and I’ve needed the boost recently. I originally thought I was doing a new Kat step video. But part way through realized I did it in the past. Originally aired in August. She had to make edits due to music issues so it came up as a new workout. Advanced Hip Hop. Just so much fun! I say that every time But it’s true And despite the advanced label, I think it’s pretty easy to catch on to the moves. Especially the way she teaches the combos. Excellent instructor!

I really appreciate the kind words and support regarding my daughter.

Imax 3 would be a fun workout for me. The first Imax has more of a dread factor. It’s my least favorite. Always love hearing everyone’s opinions.

Happy Monday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 04:06 PM  
horusosiris

Happy MLK day.

I did Cathe's Total Gym - Cardio Leg Blast and Total Gym Cardio Boot Camp.

Chel- I love Jessica Smith workouts for days that I want to not work so hard. I also will string several of them together.

Mickey and Chel- I do not think that I have seen even on episode of Lost. I have to put it on my "to do" list.

Lavna- Happy Monday to you too!

Bee- 150 kettlebell swings I am impressed! Have you decided what virgin workout you will do for Fun Friday?

Have a wonderful rest of the day!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 05:31 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Monday! Again, what's left of it. I had a zoom with a couple of friends this morning -- one I hadn't talked to in years, so that was fun! And then immediately into my FaceTime piano lesson. It's been a day!

Yeah, kittymax, for Imax 3 twins.

This morning I did this youtube walking warmup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I5k1fmfSxw

Fun music and one of his kitties was going nuts during it. Fun. Kim, you might like his stuff -- it's very easy to follow and good for those days/weeks when I need something easy. And then I did a Calvin yoga -- forget the name of it, but it started out with planks and boy my triceps didn't like that after GS Chest & Triceps. After a few vinyasas they loosened up but I was afraid I'd made a really bad choice.

horusosiris, I haven't quite picked my virgin for Fun Friday, but I'm thinking I may pick a bosu workout or a Mindy. I want to work in kettlebell swings regularly but I just couldn't face them today -- maybe I should start with a little less and build up.

Waves to all!!
Old 01-18-21, 06:15 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Short on time, quick drive-by post, Watulans! Happy Monday to all.

Today was Mess 3, Week 2, Chest and Back. It seemed a tad easier to get those heavy weights up this time, maybe. Already feeling it though!

Gotta run, work crap, UG!!! Stay fierce like you all are, my Watulan friends!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 06:58 PM  
manleym

Hi all! Quick check in. Today's been super busy but wanted to pop in and say hi and post my daily workout.

Today I did Cathe Live Iron Legs #318. It was a GREAT lower body workout but was shorter than I wanted so I also did Heather Robertson Low Impact No Jumping HIIT Workout and LOVED it! It was a GREAT metabolic workout with lots of compound moves.
Both workouts just FLEW and were not boring. I felt great afterwards so these workouts are winners! BTW, Heather uses GREAT music in this one. I think this week I may explore more of her workouts. Also want to explore Caroline Girvan and Growing Annanas. Several posts about how good their workouts are.

Waves and hugs to all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 09:02 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all! Hope my posting issues are gone!

Since I last posted I've done Cathe Live #13, #26, and Mess 3 Chest and Back week 2. FN1, I don't know if it was "easier" to lift up the weights, but I did follow the program and increase from Week 1. I actually used the 25 lb. plates for my barbell for the first time ever! They've been in a box since I bought the set years ago. I realized that I was using the equivalent of 10's and 5's to get to the same poundage so why not use the 25s instead?

FN1, have I said lately how glad I am to be on the home stretch with STS? It's been a great challenge but I also will be glad to move on to something else.

And no, Imax 3 is NOT a fun Friday workout (and guys, neither is Cardio Fusion even if you like it! ) I did walking on Sunday and tomorrow is Hair Max again so more walking tomorrow. I liked both #13 and #26, both were step workouts with #26 an "express workout." #26 used a number of combos from Imax 2. It was not killer hard, which was good since I did it after STS. #13 was tough, as I'm finding the older ones are. I did the Mobility Stretch from Perfect 30 after #26.

I watched the Cathe interview and also enjoyed it. I will have to look at Step in Motion to find Ingrid in it! bee, I think Cathe would appreciate your letter.

Chele,Kim and horusosiris, I've never seen an episode of Lost either! I have such a long list of things to watch! We saw Elizabeth is Missing last night. It was excellent but a tough watch. We're also hooked on All Creatures Great and Small. So much to watch, not enough time!

manley, yes, my birthday is the 4th and the last STS workout is scheduled for the 5th. DH's birthday is the 1st so a whole week of celebrating! Oh, and I didn't notice any more wind than usual but then again it's pretty windy here. And I like your rotation idea for Paul's 4 x 4. I'm also not one for doing the same workout multiple times per week.

horusosiris, I like the idea of doing a virgin workout for fun Friday (or Thursday). I'm going to have to give a look at what virgins I have to see what I want to do. Some of them are still virgins for a reason.

Kate, I know you will crush Cardio Fusion! Let us know how you do!

Waves to Nathalie, Garrie and Watulan Bell Mistress!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 09:34 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Hi all! Quick check in. Today's been super busy but wanted to pop in and say hi and post my daily workout.

Today I did Cathe Live Iron Legs #318. It was a GREAT lower body workout but was shorter than I wanted so I also did Heather Robertson Low Impact No Jumping HIIT Workout and LOVED it! It was a GREAT metabolic workout with lots of compound moves.
Both workouts just FLEW and were not boring. I felt great afterwards so these workouts are winners! BTW, Heather uses GREAT music in this one. I think this week I may explore more of her workouts. Also want to explore Caroline Girvan and Growing Annanas. Several posts about how good their workouts are.

Waves and hugs to all!
I may do a Caroline Girvan routine for my Fun Friday virgin workout. Since most of my DVDs are Cathe and I have done them all. I saw people who enjoy Cathe really enjoy her as well. I previewed a few and they look interesting. I would need to get use to music only with no talking. It may be a nice change.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 01:23 PM  
manleym

Cataddict my birthday is at the end of February so we share the same bday month. How fun that you and hubby share the same bday week! It's fun when you can celebrate all week long. I don't think I have the workout with Ingrid. What's the title? At first I thought it was the Ingrid from Edge Booty Extreme. I was thinking, "the first time she says 'mama' I'm done!"

ChelePA I was thinking the same as you regarding doing a Youtube workout for Fun Friday. It counts, right? The music only is a nice change. I've done 2 workouts by Heather with music only - 1 cardio/HiiT and 1 metabolic. I liked both of them and had no problem with them being music only. The cool down might be the only tricky part since she (Heather, don't know about Caroline) doesn't preview each move first. So you might have to watch during the cool down if you want to follow, but other than that the workouts have been super easy to follow. And they're easy to modify. I wanted a move Heather was doing to be more intense and it was easy to do. Music didn't interfere, or mess up, any modifications. Lemme know which Caroline you're thinking about doing and I might join you.

Bee, are we on for PowerStrike 6 on Wednesday?
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in