Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-21, 03:03 PM  
ChelePA

So I had to move my Fun Friday workout to today. Forgot we will be in New York City all day for my daughter’s preop appointment.

I was able to do all 75 minutes of Cardio Fusion I love each of the workouts on their own so all them combined I really enjoy!!! Kate if you haven’t done this one before the only thing that could be an issue is the first step combo. Have you done Body Max 2? She goes right into the final compilation without showing each move. A few of them could be considered tricky. I think the other ones are doable if it’s your first time. Also she ends with Drill Max where you’re doing squat thrusts and jumps plus double footed moves across the step. There’s no cool down after this intense cardio and she goes right into a stretch on the floor. I had to catch my breath before moving on.

Kim we are going to Pet Smart for puppy training classes. There’s usually four other puppies in the class. Absolutely adorable! Winston is so tiny compared to the rest of them. He picks up commands very quickly when given treats that he loves. So far he can do sit, paw, lay down, spin, drop it, leave it, wait and bell ringing for potty time. We need to work on not pulling at the leash when walking and he goes crazy when people come to see him or when my husband comes home - jumping all over them. Of course he’s so tiny so it’s no big deal but we want to work on that.

We had some light snow so I’m off to shovel. Have a great day!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 04:01 PM  
manleym

Hi Friends!

Just scanning through posts so I'm sure I've missed alot and will catch up later, BUT I see that some of ya'll are doing Cardio Fusion tomorrow for Fun Friday. Funny that ya'll are thinking of doing it tomorrow because I did it Tuesday - ALL.OF.IT. and I have to say - it was TOUGH!! It doesn't start out that hard. I was thinking at first that it was easier than any of the Terminator workouts. But then came the Circuits...and then the Drills....all.of.them...I think what makes this workout so hard is the length. It is 70 + minutes of non-stop cardio, at least 1/2 of it circuits and drills. I liked it, but didn't love it. And it may be because of the length. There are premixes though so the next time I do it I may try a premix.

I also did Powerstrike 5 yesterday and agree with everyone. I actually like that each side is different. I fumbled around a little since this was my 1st Ilaria workout, especially with the arms, but I just kept swingin'.

Hope to catch up more later! Hugs and waves to all!

Oh, I may do Christi or Patrick for Fun Friday if anyone wants to join me. Or for those of you not doing Cardio Fusion, share what you are doing! Might join you!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 05:08 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Helloooooo Fierce Watulans!!!

Oh goodness, I have to catch up with all of your posts! I hope you all enjoy Cardio Fusion as much as I did the other week. It's a goodie!!

I woke up this morning SO SORE from everything I've done this week (plus feeling a bit down like Bee) and I could not wrap my head around....well, much of anything. FN2, I felt like I was 80 too!!!! What has Cathe done to me??

Therefore, I have now, for probably the rest of this Mess, decided to make Thursdays my To the Mat Thursdays for yoga. I did Travis' Discipline practice on YouTube and WOW , yet another one making me kick myself for passing up that screaming deal on Inner Dimension! I felt SO much better when done and had a complete mood adjustment to boot! Bee, I'm jealous of your sub right now! I followed that up with a shortish walk because it's surreal how beautiful it is outside, especially for this time of year. Definitely feeling better now.

Garrie, I hear you on the Gym Styles. I'm wanting to try those again after STS...at some point, I mean.

Kim, you can totally do Cardio Fusion! Look at the other workouts you didn't think you could do and you DID!

KateTT, do you have Inner Dimension or just various sets and downloads from Travis?

ChelePA, GOOD LUCK tomorrow!!! Keep us posted.

Manleym, I know on Cardio Fusion, and those dang burpees into tuck jumps and jumping over and over the step is LAST after ALL THAT came before, hah!!! It just seems kinda cruel. But then it's over!

Waving to everyone! Stay fierce!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 09:47 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Hi Friends!

Just scanning through posts so I'm sure I've missed alot and will catch up later, BUT I see that some of ya'll are doing Cardio Fusion tomorrow for Fun Friday. Funny that ya'll are thinking of doing it tomorrow because I did it Tuesday - ALL.OF.IT. and I have to say - it was TOUGH!! It doesn't start out that hard. I was thinking at first that it was easier than any of the Terminator workouts. But then came the Circuits...and then the Drills....all.of.them...I think what makes this workout so hard is the length. It is 70 + minutes of non-stop cardio, at least 1/2 of it circuits and drills. I liked it, but didn't love it. And it may be because of the length. There are premixes though so the next time I do it I may try a premix.

I also did Powerstrike 5 yesterday and agree with everyone. I actually like that each side is different. I fumbled around a little since this was my 1st Ilaria workout, especially with the arms, but I just kept swingin'.

Hope to catch up more later! Hugs and waves to all!

Oh, I may do Christi or Patrick for Fun Friday if anyone wants to join me. Or for those of you not doing Cardio Fusion, share what you are doing! Might join you!

You should try the first premix on Cardio Fusion. I think it's 45 minutes. No Drill Max The other two are over an hour.

Kittybug...the Bounce and Box was with Sanfranfitness from the UK. It was a good one.

Anyone watch the Facebook Live interview with Cathe? Loved it! Amazing how she got her start and still stays so relevant.
Old 01-14-21, 10:10 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Today I did Cathe Live #20, Kickboxing Cardio & Barre. I skipped the barre since I didn't need any more leg work after the Mess yesterday! I followed it with Live #39, also a kickboxing workout since today was Watulan kickboxing day! I did modify some, substituting more cardio moves for the arm work. It occurred to me that too much upper body probably wasn't a great idea the day before STS shoulders, biceps and triceps. D'OH!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 10:11 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I'm baaack!! Darn 500 error!!

bee, I forgot to comment on STSPTSD! So funny and so true!! I will actually be glad to be done with the rotation since I feel all my other workouts are so dependent on what Mess is on the schedule. Plus it's an intense program and plain hard work! I'm sorry you've been down. I think it must be tough in California right now, between the wildfires and the serious uptick in Covid cases not to mention the general upheaval in the US. Sending hugs right back to you!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 01-14-21, 10:12 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Guess who?

FN1, I'm finding that the DOMS is hitting me on day 2 after the workout. So yesterday I was doing Plyo Legs with a sore back. Tomorrow I expect I'll be doing Shoulders Bis and Tris with sore legs and butt. And yes, I'm tired. And yesterday I was also pretty hungry, but part of that was that the day was so busy I didn't eat lunch until close to 5pm (what DH and I call "linner"). But, I'm sure we'll feel so accomplished after we finish! And some of the workouts will be great to do individually (Plyo Legs being one of them). I'm glad you are feeling better now. I do find that movement, whether a walk or a "formal" workout improves my mood. The hard part for me is just getting started when I'm feeling down.

Old 01-14-21, 10:13 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Determined to get all of my posts in without the error!

manley, I laughed at your description of Cardio Fusion. Yes, it does seem endless with the drills and I agree that what makes this one tough is the length. But I know that Kim can do it. She's conquered the Terminator so she will crush it!

Chele, good point about the combos in Cardio Fusion. I actually did it before the others in the series (my mistake), and it was tricky to pick up the footwork with no breakdown! And +1 on the good luck at the appointment in NYC!

Old 01-14-21, 11:25 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Giving up trying to post for night! Too many errors!

Old 01-15-21, 07:27 AM  
ChelePA

Up earlier than expected. Needed to burn off some nervous energy so I decided go do a Kat step video.

It was Fast Basic-Intermediate #3. It was a perfect workout to turn my brain off and just enjoy the routine. Loved it! Awesome music too!!! You can easily increase the intensity by adding risers. She uses only the platform. Plus you can add more power to many of the moves. The workout flew by. Couldn't believe it was almost an hour. So I guess I did two Fun Friday workouts this week .

Thanks for the well wishes for our appointment today. Her surgery isn't scheduled until the beginning of February, but I'm definitely starting to feel anxious about it.

Have a great Friday!

Tags
watulan check-in