Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-27-20, 07:58 AM  
Cher

Total Max Mixers - Week of Dec 27

No workout Christmas Eve Day or Christmas Day. Yesterday’s workout was Jessica Smith Boogie Down Walk from one of her 15 minute walk dvds and Cathe ICE Metabolic Total Body Timesaver Mish Mosh premix.

I got a new Fitbit Inspire 2 for Christmas. Not sure how I like it yet. It seems to not track as many steps as my clip on Fitbit One which I know is more accurate from years of use.

Karen - Yay you got your vaccine! How are you feeling? Good job with that cold run! That’s definitely cold for down there!

Vannie - Good job tracking in MyFitnessPal.

Waves. Gibbee & JBliff!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 10:21 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was ICE RESE + blizzard blast. I took a rest day on Christmas since I was too full from lunch to workout! We actually had snow for a few hours on Christmas morning, but it was just above freezing so the snow didn't really stick for long.

Karjoy - Wow, that is pretty cold for Florida. We got down to 19 degrees for the low yesterday but it is supposed to warm up some.

Vannie - That's cool about MyFitnessPal and already losing some weight without feeling deprived.

Cher - That's interesting that the new Fitbit doesn't track as many steps as the old one. Are you wearing them both to compare?

We haven't been able to run the heat in the upper 2 floors of our house since Christmas day. The fan started making a noise like a helicopter was hovering our house so we turned off the heat. Luckily the house is really well insulated so it hasn't dropped below 69 degrees inside. The lower floor heat works and that's where we stay mostly so it hasn't been bad at all. We contacted the heating company but haven't heard back from them. I hope we get our heat fixed this coming week.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 07:09 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Rest day here. DH is playfully complaining about the cold like he does most of our coldest days. I tease him back that he was born in WV and lived in WV and
Kentucky and I don’t feel too sorry for him. It was a little warmer today.

I had a pretty sore upper arm where I got the shot but no other side effects. Most people I have talked to said the same.

Cher I have a couple running watches and they each vary a bit. I guess that is true for any fitness devices. Yesterday I ran with 2 friends and we all finished with slightly different mileages.

Wow Jbliff you saw snow! Cool. But I think I would be glad too that it did not stick. Leave that for people who regularly have snow. I hope you get your heat fixed soon! Do you have 2 or 3 separate units? I am glad your downstairs is cosy and warm. Do you have a basement?

Vannie is it a chore doing the tracking with My Fitness Pal?

Night, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 09:11 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Intensity Pyramid UB up only premix + core. I went heavier since I was only doing 3 sets of each exercise.

Karjoy - We have a dual-zone system and no basement. The problem seemed to have fixed itself. Yesterday was warmer so DH tried turning on the heat again upstairs and everything was fine. DH thinks maybe with the rain followed by sub-freezing temps something froze and prevented the fan from working.

Hi to everyone else. Have a good day.
Old 12-29-20, 08:01 AM  
Cher

Another off day from exercise on Sunday. I was having my parents over for dinner so had to many things to do so skipped a workout. Yesterday was XTrain Legs standing and part of the Barre section. OMG, I’m so out of shape and the barre section was so hard, I ended up doing only half of the barre section on each leg. I just couldn’t go do it all.

JBliff - Yes, I’m still wear both Fitbits right now. I like the other stuff the new Fitbit does but irritated that it doesn’t track the steps correctly. I wasn’t a fan of these wrist ones in the first place. Glad your heat is working okay now.

Karen - Funny your husband complains about the cold. Send him up here.....we’ll show him cold! Our highs have been in the 20’s this past week and we got snow Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Definitely was a white Christmas up here and it’s still here. Glad to hear you only had a sore arm from the vaccine.

Waves Vannie & Gibbee!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-20, 11:00 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was LITE Stacked Lower Body + 45 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher - 20s is pretty darn cold for high temps. It's fun to get snow for Christmas though if you don't have to work.

Hi to Karjoy, Gibbee and Vannie. Have a good day, everyone.
Old 12-29-20, 04:52 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Hi, fitness friends!

I am so sorry I have been MIA for so long. I struggle to even get on the computer to pay bills, much less do any social media stuff. Workouts are hit or miss and as of today I was in such a tizzy earlier I finally just bailed on working out. I have either lost, misplaced, or mistakenly tossed Darrell's last coffee cup from the hospital. I am absolutely sick about it. I know, it's just a coffee cup, but it is special to me and he asked me to hang on to it that day. It is stuff like this that gets me so upset that I just can hardly function. I am hopeful it is stuck in a box or bag that I am not looking in because I 'put it away for safekeeping' so it wouldn't get crushed. I worry, though, that when I was doing some recycling that it went out.

I took last week and this week off just to deal with lingering paperwork and work through some emotions. I am meeting with an attorney mid January to get the rest of the things that require legal assistance completed (beneficiary deed on our house and DH's dad's house, new will, etc.). It just never seems to end.

I thought a while back I would be better as things went along, but it seems that sometimes it just gets worse. I have never been apart from him for longer than 2 weeks, so this is excruciating. We always talked every day even when I traveled.

DD and I are talking about taking a short getaway trip, but even that sounds like more headache than it is worth... planning, packing, returning, laundry, going back to the office 1/4.

Speaking of work, we moved into our temporary facility (for the tear down and new construction of our HQ) and I know that has messed with everything as much as everything else because my entire world is in upheaval. I don't mean to pour this out here but while I am here for the moment, I'm sharing.

I sincerely miss you guys. Thank you for your cards and gifts this year. Sherry also put together an amazing care package and I have to say it was one of my favorite gifts - ever. So awesome and generous and thoughtful. I am saving every single card and note that was included and will be using every gift. She even sent me a tee shirt and it's washed and ready to wear now.

Anyway, I'd better go for now. I will likely never catch up and for that I apologize. I will try to do better with check-ins. Maybe that will help me get back into a pattern.

Waves!!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-20, 05:20 PM  
Vantreesta

Gibbee, it's so good to hear from you. No apologies needed for not posting. You have had so much to deal with it is entirely understandable! I'm glad you've given yourself some time away from work to just process and work through things. And as far as emotions, my loss was not the same type of relationship, but I have found it harder and harder without my mom as time has gone on. I talked about it in my grief support group at one point bc people always say oh it will get easier in time. The facilitator told me this is totally normal. Yes, in time, the loss is less intense and in your face, but adjusting to life without someone you love is hard and it often does get worse before it gets better. But one day down the road you suddenly realize you didn't cry that day and slowly you move forward, a moment at a time. I'm not to the easier part yet but there is no timetable for grief and for me it's been a rollercoaster ride that hasn't been fun. I can't imagine the level of loss you are going through, just know that you are not alone in how you feel, whatever that may be, wherever in the process. Continuing to lift you and Alex up in prayer. Take care of each other and hold onto your memories. Praying you find his coffee cup. I totally get that feeling. Hugs to you.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-20, 08:34 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Gibbee so very good to hear from you. I am glad that you feel supported. But what a mess having to have a temporary work HQ with everything else. I hope you find the cup. Maybe you just misplaced it. I have friends who had a husband or wife that passed and they said that misplaced things and felt very disorganized for some time. It takes so much to grieve! We are here for you and I think of you daily. Glad you took some time off.

Jbliff I am glad your HVAC is ok. We had a similar thing happen here on those days where it was 23 at night and in the 40s during the day. It just seemed like our downstairs was staying colder than it should but it resolved in a day or so. It did not go out completely.

Cher nice that you had a white Christmas! If looks romantic but it is nice when it melts away quickly without a big mess. Hey at least you are still exercising. Lots of my patients just give up around this time of year and restart Jan 1.

Vannie I am sorry you have to grieve at Christmas too. Thinking of you.

Well I ran 4 miles today and it was 70 degrees. Just 3 days ago it was 23 degrees when we ran. Such is December weather in Florida.

Night, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-20, 09:05 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Drive by: Forced myself to get up this morning and do a workout. I did RAW solo dumbbell, tacked on a 5 minute Leslie walk to extend my warm up, and abs from RAW interval training 1.

I have decided to let go of the cup. If it is here I'll find it at some point. It was sending me into a downward spiral yesterday. Worst case I'll go to Columbia and request an empty cup. It won't be the one and it won't have the writing on it that it had, but it will help settle my mind.

Vannie: I can understand what you have been feeling. I lost my dad in 2013 so time has passed and a lot of my heart has healed, but I still miss him terribly. I am grateful he and DH are at the same mausoleum so I can visit them both. But it doesn't stop the emotions from swirling. I wish we could meet in person and take a long walk and just talk.

Cher: Hoping the snow misses us. DD and I are talking about going to Branson for a couple of days, but I'm not sure it will help me much in the end because we will come back home and nothing will have changed.

Karen: Enjoy the warmer weather. Jealous here.

JBliff: How are you doing?

Better run - another day of paperwork and I have a dr. appt.

Waves!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote