Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-29-20, 12:39 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Wanted to say hi there to Margot! Please feel free to post whenever the mood strikes you. There is no such thing as too many Barefooters/Mat Mavens.

Saturday's Workout: I did Sandra's Upper Body Premix from Margaret Richard's Beauty To the Bone (all of volume 1 upper body plus the back work from volume 2).

About to go out for a walk.

Waving to all -- see you later with today's workout!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 12:55 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

This morning I did Barreamped. Later I'll ride the recumbent bike because it's relaxing for me no matter how hard I make it.

I don't want to use cbd today and I probably shouldn't drink alcohol before surgery so I have no way to ease the pain. I bought a pillow to hold the tablet or phone so I don't have to. Nice idea but the angle is hard on my wrist. I still think they should've fixed the wrists first, even tho the shoulder pain is pretty bad. I'll be alone until Wednesday. As long as I can feed Meow Meow anything else can wait. After meeting on Halloween last year, my SO asked for my birthday week as vacation this year. His plan for my birthday went to pot but he'll be here to help me for almost two weeks. It worked out well.

Beth - the Opequon and Powhatan have a lot of things named for them in this area. The man will know more about the local Indians than I do. I'll ask him.

Sherry - I loved The Odd Couple. Even tho I used the air fryer for the fries they had too much fat for me. I had soup and the man had both. I have chocolate chips! If I have two or three a day they might not make me sick.

Thank you Twigs. I wish I could live in Cornwall. I feel like I know it after watching Doc Martin and The Trouble with Maggie Cole. Caroline Quentin filmed a documentary of that area that I watch several times a year.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 03:46 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Aww, Linda, sorry you are in pain right now! Is the surgery the 1st? I hope it brings you relief.

Sandra, did your new MR videos arrive yet?

Pam, our tree is fake too; I love the smell of a real tree but a fake is easier to decorate!

Paine, I just had a thought about trains after seeing them in a Hallmark movie; I don't think DH is prepared to add a new thing! Thanks for posting about the yoga routine you did as I wound up doing the same one today.

My week:

Monday
OFF (migraine)

Tuesday
TAUGHT yoga
ATTENDED Candlelight yoga class

Wednesday
30MTF Strength & Stamina - bonus step segment
Bea Yoga & Wellbeing (YT) - Yin Yoga for Neck & Shoulders
Barre3 (o) - Free Gratitude workout, 11/27/19

Thursday
Native American Thanksgiving Yoga (FB Live)

Friday
Hikyoga at Webster Park

Saturday
TAUGHT yoga
OFF (decorating)

Sunday
Bodyfit by Amy (YT) - 20m Cardio Sculpt for Fat Burning & Toning
FemFusion Fitness (YT) - 14m Figure 8 Workout
Annie Taylor Efremsky (YT) - 2 Week Holiday Challenge 4m; Triceps Burn 5m 2#

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 05:47 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I also did Tai Chi in Paradise with David-Dorian Ross.

Beth - surgery is tomorrow.

Old 11-29-20, 05:55 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pam, we are still working through Season 4 of The Crown and I am so disgusted with how Charles and his mother treated Diana. One thing I've wondered about... Where is Diana's mother and father? They never showed Diana's parents and I was wondering why haven't her parents been a support system for her?

Beth and Pam, our tree is fake too.

Linda, I'm sending best wishes for a successful surgery.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 07:17 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Thanks Paine. I'm going thru DVDs to find good lower body workouts. My first thought was the original Buns of Steel, and thought of you, but floorwork is a big fat no.

Old 11-29-20, 08:14 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Neighbourhood walk
~BellyFit TV season 2: Pleasure - I did the cardio only, about 25 min. This is a very nice workout with good music, but the stark white set is not appealing. I don’t know what Alice was thinking!
~Namaste Yoga: season 1, Episode 1, Exalted Warrior - Why haven’t I discovered this series before, it’s quite lovely! I’ve heard of it here at vf, but never tried it. I found it on Prime.
~acupressure & active release

Paine - I don’t know why Diana’s parents aren’t mentioned in The Crown or if they were of any support to her. I know they divorced when she was around 7 and her father had custody of Diana & her siblings, two sisters & a brother. After her death, her brother was quite vocal about her mistreatment by the royal family. Both parents remarried and Diana’s relationship with her stepmother was contentious. I do believe they mended the relationship at some point. Charles is certainly portrayed as a total spoiled jerk IMO. I do believe he has matured since then, at least one would hope so!

Nice week Beth! I love the hikyiga, that sounds very relaxing & stress relieving.

Hope all goes well with your surgery Linda.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 09:36 PM  
JustSandra

Hello again!

Today's Workout: Workout 2 from Margaret Richard's Beauty To the Bone (lower body, abs and obliques). Earlier today I got in a 2+ hour walk.

Linda: Sending you positive thoughts for your surgery tomorrow.

Beth: My Margaret DVDs have been mailed out and should arrive mid-week. Just hope what I receive matches what I requested!

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 09:53 PM  
cyana

Margot!!! What a nice surprise. LOL.....I have to admit that's one seriously cute blue t*t. We have tufted titmice in the US - cute little critters, but a bit drab as compared to yours (gray). I came across this video when I was looking your birds up: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ew-window.html . Speaking of birds, I've been enjoying the adventures of the penguins from the Shedd Aquarium - they most recently visited Soldier Field: https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/stor...ld/vi-BB1bjDxM . I loved the Shedd Aquarium when I visited Chicago. Their belugas stole my heart big time. They would poke their head out of the water and "talk" to you.....I could've stayed all day. There's always room for another mat, so please pop in when you can. If you move to Cornwall, you may end up with visitors!

Linda - I hope everything goes well tomorrow. Sending your surgeon good vibes for a restful night's sleep tonight and steady hands tomorrow.

Today:
Beth's Thanksgiving meditation (I enjoyed that - thanks).
I also did a short lying down yoga practice. My back was feeling kind of tweaky - I'll have to add the name later as I don't have my log book with me.

Must run and get ready for bed.....much damage control to do tomorrow. Will catch up on personals later.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 07:24 AM  
Margot

Good morning everyone!

Thank you for the warm welcome. I've been somewhat unmotivated and stuck in an exercise rut over the past few months. I'm hoping checking in more regularly will re-ignite my enthusiasm!

Today so far:
- Jessica Smith WS3 - Fusion Tone & Flow - her fusion classes are always a favourite.
- Bellyfit Daily Om #6 Speak Your Truth
- Short neighbourhood walk past our local donkey sanctuary

Beth - I did your practice last night for the upper body. My shoulders felt so good afterwards. I like how you offer lots of modifications in your classes. For me, doing lots of traditional down dogs and plank work always irritates my shoulders.

Pat - I'm so happy you were able to spend a day hiking with your DS. It sounds like a magical day, especially seeing an owl.

Linda - I loved ' Doc Martin'. Last summer, we spent an afternoon in Port Isaac, where the show was filmed. The town is set in a beautiful little cove but as expected, it was packed with visitors. We even saw the actor who plays Bert in the street, collecting for charity. Sending healing thoughts your way for today.

Paine and Pam - I had already watched the first two seasons of the Crown so caught up on a couple of episodes from Season 3 last night. DH told me that the 'Palace' is putting pressure on Netflix to say that the story line is fiction! Interesting! I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the series now.

Sandra - Hope you enjoy your new Margaret Richard's DVDs. Do you have a favourite DVD or series? I looked at her streaming site but it's quite expensive.

Cyana - I loved the videos you posted - so cute. There's something so endearing about penguins. Many years ago, when we were in Australia, DH and I went to Summerland (south of Melbourne) late one afternoon to watch the nesting penguins come back to shore after a day's fishing. Something you never forget. Of course, you're always welcome to stay with me if you ever come to Cornwall.

Waves to all!